BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Actually I bought the M3 to take it to the track, and I do that on a regular basis. So I'm exempt from that stereotype But yes, there are people who never take their M to a track, nor do they ever drive on a canyon road, nor do they even go faster than the speed limit. Heck, they don't even redline the engine, EVER! Yes, those people did buy the M3 as a penis extender since obviously a 328i would have been more than enough for their needs.
So let me summarize this..anyone who doesn't track, drive on canyon roads or redline on a regular basis, means they bought their M3 as a penis extender and should have been content with a 328i.

Do you hear yourself? That is some logic you subscribe to
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #24
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
What I am talking about is people who blow millions of dollars (even if that money is pocket change to them) to buy a car with capabilities far beyond anything they will ever use, in fact capabilities so extreme hardly any roads or tracks on the entire planet can accomodate such car. Then those people when they receive their car hardly ever drive it at all, let alone come near that million mph top speed, but instead park it in the garage and leave it unsed for years, all so that they can take a few pics posing with the car when they take delivery of it, just so they can show those pics to their rich friends and brag about how they have a car that *can* do so and so (just like any magazine racer out there). Yes, I believe you have to be really insecure if you go through all that trouble just to get a thumbs up from your rich friend.
So based on your logic
  • All cars should be electronically limited to higway speed limits and have max of 100 HP
  • All collector car owners are insecure because they buy a car and barely drive it
I am better and my penis is bigger because I track my car and red line it all the time..anyone else who doesn't drive the car EXACTLY the same way is insecure

Who is really being insecure here?
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #25
clar
Captain
 
clar's Avatar
 
Drives: M5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Posts: 847
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
So based on your logic
  • All cars should be electronically limited to higway speed limits and have max of 100 HP
  • All collector car owners are insecure because they buy a car and barely drive it
I am better and my penis is bigger because I track my car and red line it all the time..anyone else who doesn't drive the car EXACTLY the same way is insecure

Who is really being insecure here?
Agree. A car is nothing more than an object. I love my cars, but nobody has a monopoly on how cars should be enjoyed. An insecure individual is someone who goes by his/her own defined "must be" behavior and freaks out when people don't worship him/her for it.
__________________

Current Rides: Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold
- 458 Speciale on order. ETA Oct 2014
clar is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
Dave2
First Lieutenant
 
Dave2's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Actually I bought the M3 to take it to the track, and I do that on a regular basis. So I'm exempt from that stereotype But yes, there are people who never take their M to a track, nor do they ever drive on a canyon road, nor do they even go faster than the speed limit. Heck, they don't even redline the engine, EVER! Yes, those people did buy the M3 as a penis extender since obviously a 328i would have been more than enough for their needs.
Sooooooo, what you are saying is that anyone who buys anything and is unable or unwilling to use it to its most extreme potential is compensating for sexual inadequacies. Is this reeeaaaallly what you are trying to tell us or are you just saying this to compensate for your own adequacies?

So, because my wife can not cook as well Daniel Humm or Aimee Olexy her gourmet kitchen is a means to "extend" her vagina.

Because I am not as fast and quick, nor have the endurance of top pro cyclists such Bradley Wiggins my DeRosa bicycles are simply a means to enlarge my penis.

You are WRONG. Sometimes it is just a desire to own high-quality goods. Sometimes it is just pride of ownership. Just because someone could get by with a Timex, but chooses Patek Philippe does not mean his penis is inadequate.

This type of faulty logic is a result of relying on Psychology Today and PSY 101 as the entirety of behavioral understanding.
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Dave2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Sooooooo, what you are saying is that anyone who buys anything and is unable or unwilling to use it to its most extreme potential is compensating for sexual inadequacies. Is this reeeaaaallly what you are trying to tell us or are you just saying this to compensate for your own adequacies?

So, because my wife can not cook as well Daniel Humm or Aimee Olexy her gourmet kitchen is a means to "extend" her vagina.

Because I am not as fast and quick, nor have the endurance of top pro cyclists such Bradley Wiggins my DeRosa bicycles are simply a means to enlarge my penis.

You are WRONG. Sometimes it is just a desire to own high-quality goods. Sometimes it is just pride of ownership. Just because someone could get by with a Timex, but chooses Patek Philippe does not mean his penis is inadequate.

This type of faulty logic is a result of relying on Psychology Today and PSY 101 as the entirety of behavioral understanding.
The difference is that we need food to eat. Watches can tell time. Bicycles are good exercise. Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?

Yeah I know all about pride of ownership, yadda yadda. but what's the logic in owning something nice if you don't use it? It's just like being married to Scarlet Johanssen but then sleeping on the couch instead.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Legacy GT - 13.704@99.39
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
I may be in the minority here but i really can't understand the allure of the veyron...
You have a current M3 and can't understand the allure of acceleration?

Bruce
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
JagXKR
Private
 
Drives: 2013 Jag XKR Limited Edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Loudoun County

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

What a tangent! We all like/love our cars, watches and blah blah blah, etc... If you can afford it, why the f... not. That's it!
__________________
Jeff
JagXKR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #30
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?
You do not think that someone who has the means to buy a Veyron, also has the means to rent an airport strip to drive it to the limit?

Regardless your point is moot. You do not need to max cars to their limit to enjoy them. Everyone derives their enjoyment in different ways.

And the fact that you are telling us that because someone does not use their car in a certain way means they should not be produced, and people should not bother to own them is ridiculous.
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
 
Darth One's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
This type of faulty logic is a result of relying on Psychology Today and PSY 101 as the entirety of behavioral understanding.
or just being a hater
Darth One is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Actually I bought the M3 to take it to the track, and I do that on a regular basis. So I'm exempt from that stereotype But yes, there are people who never take their M to a track, nor do they ever drive on a canyon road, nor do they even go faster than the speed limit. Heck, they don't even redline the engine, EVER! Yes, those people did buy the M3 as a penis extender since obviously a 328i would have been more than enough for their needs.
If you bought the m3 just to take it to the track you picked the wrong car. There's better cars just for tracking. Some more expensive and some cheaper than the m3. Now if you bought the m3 as a jack of all trades car then that makes sense. Don't hate people that have more money than you. I'm sure that most of them earned their money. Of course theres the oil princes in the middle east that inherit their wealth, but thats life. I have track membership at spring mountain motorsports ranch and I occasionally take my GTS there. It's more fun and less stress to take a cheaper and dedicated track car like my 944 turbo. There's a lot of guys out there with used miatas, s2k, evos, e36 and e46 m3s that go often and pound the crap out of their cars.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
bimmerj
First Lieutenant
 
bimmerj's Avatar
 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
So my suspicion is right. It's just a penis extender for insecure super rich people to feel good about themselves. Just something for them to brag about to their fellow rich friends while playing golf or socializing in a banquet. So it's all about showing off what you "can" do as opposed to what you actually are doing.
You remind me of high school students!
bimmerj is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #34
bimmerj
First Lieutenant
 
bimmerj's Avatar
 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
The difference is that we need food to eat. Watches can tell time. Bicycles are good exercise. Since day 1, the main and only selling point for the veyron is it's top speed. In fact, that is the sole purpose for its existence and the only reason why it was built in the first place. So why own a veyron if you won't take it on a top speed run, at least just once in your life?

Yeah I know all about pride of ownership, yadda yadda. but what's the logic in owning something nice if you don't use it? It's just like being married to Scarlet Johanssen but then sleeping on the couch instead.
You seem to always hit the nail "not on the head"
bimmerj is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #35
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
You have a current M3 and can't understand the allure of acceleration?

Bruce
Oh I definitely understand the allure of acceleration. I said i don't understand the allure of the veyron. big difference. And if acceleration's your thing, get a 2013 gtr. it's just as fast in a straight line up until felony speeds anyway. and in the corners it will destroy the veyron. and if you tune that gtr, it'll keep up even at higher speeds. the only area where the veyron shines is at super high speeds that you will never be able to reach on any road or track in the north american continent anyway.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
You do not think that someone who has the means to buy a Veyron, also has the means to rent an airport strip to drive it to the limit?

Regardless your point is moot. You do not need to max cars to their limit to enjoy them. Everyone derives their enjoyment in different ways.

And the fact that you are telling us that because someone does not use their car in a certain way means they should not be produced, and people should not bother to own them is ridiculous.
That's my point. They may be able to shut down an entire airport (though i doubt an airport runway is long enough to do a top speed run) to take their veyron there and play, but they don't. You never hear of any veyron owners doing a top speed run. If they did, it'd be all over the news, jalopink, youtube, etc. The one special thing about the veyron is it's top speed, yet its owners either never drive them or just drive them to the local golf course to play with their friends.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #37
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
That's my point.
You have no point, as everyone here can attest to.
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
You have no point, as everyone here can attest to.
If your momma taught you how to read, you would have read my posts and got my point, even if you disagree with it. but clearly, reading is not your forte.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
You remind me of high school students!
Been a long time since i have been in high school. but you seem to be still there, so remind me please, what are high school students like?
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #40
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
If you bought the m3 just to take it to the track you picked the wrong car. There's better cars just for tracking. Some more expensive and some cheaper than the m3. Now if you bought the m3 as a jack of all trades car then that makes sense. Don't hate people that have more money than you. I'm sure that most of them earned their money. Of course theres the oil princes in the middle east that inherit their wealth, but thats life. I have track membership at spring mountain motorsports ranch and I occasionally take my GTS there. It's more fun and less stress to take a cheaper and dedicated track car like my 944 turbo. There's a lot of guys out there with used miatas, s2k, evos, e36 and e46 m3s that go often and pound the crap out of their cars.
I also need the car to be a daily driver, including the ability to drive it on the snowy roads here in canada. S2000 or vette z06 or miatas will not really work too well in the winter. Evos and such are awd, which i don't like. And older cars like 944 and e36 are just a maintenance and reliability headache for a daily driver. If I had more than 1 parking spot, i'd probably get a dedicated track car and a more fuel efficient daily driver. but i don't, so the m3 is a good compromise all around.

And i don't hate anyone more rich than me. I just question their desire to buy cars and leave them for years collecting dust in their multi-hectare garages.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #41
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Legacy GT - 13.704@99.39
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
Oh I definitely understand the allure of acceleration. I said i don't understand the allure of the veyron. big difference. And if acceleration's your thing, get a 2013 gtr. it's just as fast in a straight line up until felony speeds anyway. and in the corners it will destroy the veyron. and if you tune that gtr, it'll keep up even at higher speeds. the only area where the veyron shines is at super high speeds that you will never be able to reach on any road or track in the north american continent anyway.
Just looked up 0-60 and quarter mile times. Current Veyron 2.4 seconds to 60, and quarter miles from 9.6 to 10.1.

GTR: 0-60 in 2.7 to 2.9, and quarter miles from 10.9 to 11.1.

Next time, try to be less ignorant.

Listen, it's just fine if you hate the Veyron, but putting some hate on the people who drive them is just plain strange. Makes me worry we'll see your name in a headline at some point.

Bruce
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
canadian stig
Banned
 
canadian stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Just looked up 0-60 and quarter mile times. Current Veyron 2.4 seconds to 60, and quarter miles from 9.6 to 10.1.

GTR: 0-60 in 2.7 to 2.9, and quarter miles from 10.9 to 11.1.

Next time, try to be less ignorant.

Listen, it's just fine if you hate the Veyron, but putting some hate on the people who drive them is just plain strange. Makes me worry we'll see your name in a headline at some point.

Bruce


So much for my "ignorance"

And why exactly would you get the impression I "hate" anything or anyone? I merely stated that I think the veyron is a pointless car, and its owners buy it more for show than for go. That doesn't mean i'm some psycho serial killer. So don't worry, i won't come for you. You can stop checking under your bed and go sleep now.
canadian stig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 01:33 AM   #43
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
So much for my "ignorance"
At least you can admit it. You just keep showing your

He was clearly talking about a stock GT-R not an AMS tuned one
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #44
klammer
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 3,224
iTrader: (0)

Great thread, but the one thing missing is actual logic



Not to be confused with opinion...
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
klammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST