BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
Should I slap him now.. or later?

So I have this family member that has a 02 Honda accord 4-door. Pretty much your standard import (rims, kit, system, engine mods, ect) Anyways the car is at about 240-250hp up from the 200hp stock.

I'm talking to him yesterday and he's telling me this story of how he pulled up next to a 335i coupe on a local highway the other night and destroyed it on a straight run..

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and try to rationalize the story by telling him maybe the 335 didn't pull with him. Of course according to him they were both rev'n up at a red light, looked at each other and both pulled.

So I remind him that the 335 has a tt and stock is 300hp..
I wasted the next 15 min of my life listening to him tell me how bmw's twin turbo was overrated.

I found it funny saying he doesn’t know I'll have a 335 soon.

So should I slap him now or when I get my 335?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
omg516
Colonel Sanders
United_States
6
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to omg516
Slap him now for being ignorant and slap yourself for being dumb enough to listen to his ignorance for 15 minutes
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
nyc335i
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

lol i love civics people put so much work into them but they never go fast enough lol
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
e92man's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,720
Posts

 
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: north florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
sorry dood but he is a typical ricer. they will never learn. imo, the only ricers i have respect for r the s2000s and the supras. all the other cars dont do a thing for me
__________________
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
231
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazyrock View Post
So I have this family member that has a 02 Honda accord 4-door. Pretty much your standard import (rims, kit, system, engine mods, ect) Anyways the car is at about 240-250hp up from the 200hp stock.

I'm talking to him yesterday and he's telling me this story of how he pulled up next to a 335i coupe on a local highway the other night and destroyed it on a straight run..

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and try to rationalize the story by telling him maybe the 335 didn't pull with him. Of course according to him they were both rev'n up at a red light, looked at each other and both pulled.

So I remind him that the 335 has a tt and stock is 300hp..
I wasted the next 15 min of my life listening to him tell me how bmw's twin turbo was overrated.

I found it funny saying he doesn’t know I'll have a 335 soon.

So should I slap him now or when I get my 335?
Bring him to the meet that we're having tomorrow at Rockland Lake, NY. We're meeting up at 11:00 A.M. at the Sheraton Crossroads in Mahwah, NJ. I want to see his Accord go up against one of the 335s. I have Turbo Tuner installed, so it won't be fair. But there will be some stock 335s there. Even a 328 or 330 will burn him. Bring him and let me slap him for you. lol!

j.k.

Seriously though, I know you don't have you car yet, but if you have time, you should stop by.

Here's the link.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75121

The last meet we had at Bear Mountain, my friend with an Accord showed up too.
__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
aquaanox
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
307
Posts

 
Drives: e92 328, e90 335
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: rockville md

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92man View Post
sorry dood but he is a typical ricer. they will never learn. imo, the only ricers i have respect for r the s2000s and the supras. all the other cars dont do a thing for me
i agree...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by omg516 View Post
Slap him now for being ignorant and slap yourself for being dumb enough to listen to his ignorance for 15 minutes

I found it amusing and figured it would make a funny post.. i was taking one for the team.. but fine.. i shall slap myself.. there.. done..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #8
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazyrock View Post
So I have this family member that has a 02 Honda accord 4-door. Pretty much your standard import (rims, kit, system, engine mods, ect) Anyways the car is at about 240-250hp up from the 200hp stock.

I'm talking to him yesterday and he's telling me this story of how he pulled up next to a 335i coupe on a local highway the other night and destroyed it on a straight run..

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and try to rationalize the story by telling him maybe the 335 didn't pull with him. Of course according to him they were both rev'n up at a red light, looked at each other and both pulled.

So I remind him that the 335 has a tt and stock is 300hp..
I wasted the next 15 min of my life listening to him tell me how bmw's twin turbo was overrated.

I found it funny saying he doesn’t know I'll have a 335 soon.

So should I slap him now or when I get my 335?


you should slap him for thinking his "modZ" added 40-50 hp

even if he did exhaust, intake, software, he MAYBE OPTIMISTICALLY added 20 hp MAX

even with the "added" HP, the car is probably slower than stock with the junk he glued to it and the big subs (adding junk adds weight)


sometimes I let ricers think they beat me because it's funny to see them floor it and see how slow their cars are. Some of us like to bait ricers into flooring it.....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
achien
AC
Canada
28
Rep
2,378
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Take him to the track and show him who is the boss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazyrock View Post
So I have this family member that has a 02 Honda accord 4-door. Pretty much your standard import (rims, kit, system, engine mods, ect) Anyways the car is at about 240-250hp up from the 200hp stock.

I'm talking to him yesterday and he's telling me this story of how he pulled up next to a 335i coupe on a local highway the other night and destroyed it on a straight run..

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt and try to rationalize the story by telling him maybe the 335 didn't pull with him. Of course according to him they were both rev'n up at a red light, looked at each other and both pulled.

So I remind him that the 335 has a tt and stock is 300hp..
I wasted the next 15 min of my life listening to him tell me how bmw's twin turbo was overrated.

I found it funny saying he doesn’t know I'll have a 335 soon.

So should I slap him now or when I get my 335?
__________________
Your Supreme Leader
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #10
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
The big thing with him is his car is supercharged... so he thinks its the fastest thing around.. I was actually thinking of getting the s2000, but i know there changing the shape for 09 and didn't feel like waiting, plus i think the 335 is way more of a car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
Bring him to the meet that we're having tomorrow at Rockland Lake, NY. We're meeting up at 11:00 A.M. at the Sheraton Crossroads in Mahwah, NJ. I want to see his Accord go up against one of the 335s. I have Turbo Tuner installed, so it won't be fair. But there will be some stock 335s there. Even a 328 or 330 will burn him. Bring him and let me slap him for you. lol!

j.k.

Seriously though, I know you don't have you car yet, but if you have time, you should stop by.

Here's the link.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75121

The last meet we had at Bear Mountain, my friend with an Accord showed up too.
Might have to work tomorrow, but i'll try to see if i can make it to mahwah.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:09 AM   #12
Te-Kara
Addicted to Boost
Te-Kara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Reminds me when I was subjected to a similar case of verbal diarrhea. The genius explained to me that he had 300 fwhp on his prelude because a motorswap and exhaust. I assured him my 335i being stock and probably wouldn't keep up to him (haha), but what the heck... I said $20 a race on the highway pull from 40mph. I came home $50 richer... Why 50 you ask? The tool decided after the first race to up the stakes to $50 or nothing from a stop.

As he handed me the money, he asked the specs of the motor I told him Twin Turbo.... He asked to open it and said bs... some people... never will learn.

Conclusion: Slap him...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #13
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazyrock View Post
The big thing with him is his car is supercharged... so he thinks its the fastest thing around.. I was actually thinking of getting the s2000, but i know there changing the shape for 09 and didn't feel like waiting, plus i think the 335 is way more of a car.
I had heard they were killing the s2k, not redesigning it
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

He raced a girl in a 328i Coupe with an automatic who was in regular "D" mode.
An 02 Accord V6 with even 20-30 hp in mods (making the car 220-230 hp could pull then.

Slap him now. Or just offer to do a run for pinks.
And if his girlfriend or wife is hot, tell him you mean those pinks.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
retlod
Private First Class
retlod's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
181
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Omaha, NE

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
300 lb-ft @ 1400.

Enough said. The Bimmer could not have been trying.
__________________
2007 E90 335i
Black Sapphire | Black Leather | Aluminum
6MT | ZPP | ZSP | CA | Heated Seats | 6FL
35% Tint | Golf Tee
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #16
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
While trying to figure out if it was possible.. no effort from the 335 or it wasn't even a 335.. or he lost and just claims to have won.. i came to the realization that he might have just made up the entire thing.. i wouldn't put it pass him saying he "pulled up next to an Enzo and it didn't look or sound like it was worth anything"
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
JSpira's Avatar
Austria
93
Rep
5,254
Posts

 
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, München, Wien

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg516 View Post
Slap him now for being ignorant and slap yourself for being dumb enough to listen to his ignorance for 15 minutes
__________________
Freude am Fahren.

Jonathan




E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired


Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #18
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
107
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

If he had an 330....his story would have been believable....but 335i...no chance....Make him pay when u get the 335i....slap him hard when u get ur car...I have accord v6 05' and I don't want to get insulted by comparing my stock engine to 335i's tt....n54 is jus too powerful
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #19
Eazyrock
Major
Eazyrock's Avatar
Guyana
14
Rep
1,284
Posts

 
Drives: 08' Helix 335i E93
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eazyrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

He probably raced a 323.
Ricers will always think they drive the fastest cars on the planet. Nothing you can do about that.
Don't pay attention to him anymore.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #21
XPO186
Colonel
XPO186's Avatar
Philippines
48
Rep
2,738
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
He raced a girl in a 328i Coupe with an automatic who was in regular "D" mode.
An 02 Accord V6 with even 20-30 hp in mods (making the car 220-230 hp could pull then.

Slap him now. Or just offer to do a run for pinks.
And if his girlfriend or wife is hot, tell him you mean those pinks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
ksfrogman
Major General
ksfrogman's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
6,751
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Just be patient. Wait until you get yours, but let him enjoy his delusion in the meantime. He's not going anywhere; he's family. The truth will unfold in the near future, and the victory will be sweet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST