BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #397
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
What you need heated seats for in a GT3? Especially if you going to be the race buckets in soon after.

There are more natural ways to heat your posterior.

Its a cheap option and after a cold wet day at the track it certainly makes the back feel better on the ride home
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #398
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Its a cheap option and after a cold wet day at the track it certainly makes the back feel better on the ride home
Trailer.
GT3 was Evo magazine car of the year btw.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #399
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Trailer.
GT3 was Evo magazine car of the year btw.
I have an enclosed trailer, but the GT3 is still a street car

I watched the EVO youtube vids and saw that. Can't wait!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #400
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I have an enclosed trailer, but the GT3 is still a street car

I watched the EVO youtube vids and saw that. Can't wait!
Shot Gun!!!!
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #401
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Its a cheap option and after a cold wet day at the track it certainly makes the back feel better on the ride home
Cheap? Don't forget we're talking about STALKER here. I'm sure he can come up with a way to keep you warm and feeling good if he's riding shotgun with you.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #402
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Cheap? Don't forget we're talking about STALKER here. I'm sure he can come up with a way to keep you warm and feeling good if he's riding shotgun with you.
Keep me out of your late night activities please.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #403
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

My GT3 is built! It will be ironic if it's ready before my M3
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #404
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
My GT3 is built! It will be ironic if it's ready before my M3
What's going on with your M3!? And do you have a delivery date for your car?
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #405
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
What's going on with your M3!? And do you have a delivery date for your car?
My M3 has a bit of a curse. First the shipper lost it in customs or something like that - it was just sitting in Seattle for few weeks while I thought it was on a truck. And when it finally got delivered, month and a half later, it got rearended on my way to the first track day! I was so pissed . I am not a scary guy by any means, but the other driver locked himself up in the car until police showed up. Not much damage and not my fault, but still...

To make matters worse, it was just couple of days after I switched insurance, so they could not start repairs until the police report was complete (takes up to 3 weeks here), to make sure that the accident happened after I switched insurance and not before. And then a quarter-panel was not in stock and had to be shipped from Germany.

So the car is still in the shop - not a single track day since early August!

How does stuff like that happen...

Anyway, GT3 to be delivered second week of January. If I was on east coast, it could have been this year!
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #406
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
My M3 has a bit of a curse. First the shipper lost it in customs or something like that - it was just sitting in Seattle for few weeks while I thought it was on a truck. And when it finally got delivered, month and a half later, it got rearended on my way to the first track day! I was so pissed . I am not a scary guy by any means, but the other driver locked himself up in the car until police showed up. Not much damage and not my fault, but still...

To make matters worse, it was just couple of days after I switched insurance, so they could not start repairs until the police report was complete (takes up to 3 weeks here), to make sure that the accident happened after I switched insurance and not before. And then a quarter-panel was not in stock and had to be shipped from Germany.

So the car is still in the shop - not a single track day since early August!

How does stuff like that happen...

Anyway, GT3 to be delivered second week of January. If I was on east coast, it could have been this year!
Oh man, that's crazy! Sorry to hear about your accident. Does this mean you're keeping your M3 as well?

I'm still waiting to get my allocation number. I should be getting it at the end of this month. Still haven't decided what to do with my current 911.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #407
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Oh man, that's crazy! Sorry to hear about your accident. Does this mean you're keeping your M3 as well?

I'm still waiting to get my allocation number. I should be getting it at the end of this month. Still haven't decided what to do with my current 911.
No, selling the M. Want my winters? LOL. It was just a tad more than a fender bender (just a very bad timing), so I hope the resale hit is not going to be much.
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #408
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Don't know about the rest of you, but I got the track bug already!!!! This is going to be a long long long winter.

Sometimes I think I should have stayed down south, was tracking year round.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #409
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Don't know about the rest of you, but I got the track bug already!!!! This is going to be a long long long winter.

Sometimes I think I should have stayed down south, was tracking year round.
Trust me, already there - already planning track days for next year! You will be getting an email soon about some days!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #410
drchuck72
First Lieutenant
 
drchuck72's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 358
iTrader: (8)

I might have to book some time at the simulator at the Sports Car Boutique to get my Mosport fix over the winter months. Maybe I will even try to start familiarizing myself with the layout at Calabogie for next year!
__________________
DR CHUCK
2009 E92 M3 Le Mans Blau on Schwartz. DCT, EDC, TECH PKG, M Drive. RAC RG63 19x9f ET22 19x10r ET22, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 265 30R19f 295 30R19r, Ground Control Coilover Conversion, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, AP Racing BBK
drchuck72 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #411
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Trust me, already there - already planning track days for next year! You will be getting an email soon about some days!
Wohooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchuck72 View Post
I might have to book some time at the simulator at the Sports Car Boutique to get my Mosport fix over the winter months. Maybe I will even try to start familiarizing myself with the layout at Calabogie for next year!
CMP is awesome.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #412
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,886
iTrader: (1)

26. 27. 28 September

Road America, Wisconsin

Any takers?

MaxL could come...
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #413
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
26. 27. 28 September

Road America, Wisconsin

Any takers?

MaxL could come...
I'm interested, but won't know if I can do it for a few weeks - gotta figure out what our chump car schedule is, and when Joe's days at the Glen are going to be.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #414
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
26. 27. 28 September

Road America, Wisconsin

Any takers?

MaxL could come...
Yeah, just checked - it's only 35 hours of driving for me
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #415
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Yeah, just checked - it's only 35 hours of driving for me
Thought you were a baller? Fly and have your car shipped - no biggie
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #416
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Thought you were a baller? Fly and have your car shipped - no biggie
Remember Jay, he's getting a red car! He's gonna cruise the streets all the way up from Cali picking up girls! Who knows how successful he'll be though given that he won't be in his Supra.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #417
MaxL
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 933
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Remember Jay, he's getting a red car! He's gonna cruise the streets all the way up from Cali picking up girls! Who knows how successful he'll be though given that he won't be in his Supra.
Why all the focus on picking up girls? I never mentioned anything about that. I did not know that this is why people by red cars. BTW, you do know I have an office in Ukraine, where after 20 women chase guys and not vice versa? We can talk about a consulting engagement for you there, if the red car thing is not working out for you .
MaxL is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #418
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 ///M IR
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,886
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Yeah, just checked - it's only 35 hours of driving for me
It's 16 hours from where I am. So not too bad.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST