BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Smile STOCK SPRINGS e92 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 150.00
Shipping Costs Included
Location:
✓ Will Ship
Item Interest
I have a set of OEM springs that have 5,000 miles on them. There just sitting in my garage so if anyone wants them let me know. 631 885 3300

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Richbot
Colonel
30
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E90
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: STL

iTrader: (2)

What are the spring codes? What options were on the car?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

im not sure about the codes but i had edc and sports package. So they are sport springs. Im pretty sure edc does not have specific springs so it should be usable on any m3.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
What are the spring codes? What options were on the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Richbot
Colonel
30
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E90
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: STL

iTrader: (2)

Springs are specific to the VIN and change based on options. There was never. a "sports" package available on US M3's. The spring code is printed on a paper tag on the front springs and painted directly on the rear spring. I need to know if they are the correct code for my car
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Springs are specific to the VIN and change based on options. There was never. a "sports" package available on US M3's. The spring code is printed on a paper tag on the front springs and painted directly on the rear spring. I need to know if they are the correct code for my car
Sorry I meant it had edc, and i will get you the codes tomorrow with pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Springs are specific to the VIN and change based on options. There was never. a "sports" package available on US M3's. The spring code is printed on a paper tag on the front springs and painted directly on the rear spring. I need to know if they are the correct code for my car
ok so i checked and the only thing printed is "x2" and "m3"
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

pic
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
thegad
Private
United_States
0
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3 (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (1)

Hey I'm interested in the springs if they're the same part # as my car came with. Can you do the following:

-Go to http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html
-Click "Visit the electronic parts catalogue" on the right side
-Login with user name "eu111111" password "bmwetk1"
-"Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN
-Click on "Spring Table" in the left menu (blue background)
-Options on your car should be pre-selected, just click the "Calculate springs" button
-Tell me what the top number is in the top row for the "Part number front axle" column and "part number rear axle" column

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
aresh
First Lieutenant
10
Rep
370
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 550i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegad View Post
Hey I'm interested in the springs if they're the same part # as my car came with. Can you do the following:

-Go to http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html
-Click "Visit the electronic parts catalogue" on the right side
-Login with user name "eu111111" password "bmwetk1"
-"Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN
-Click on "Spring Table" in the left menu (blue background)
-Options on your car should be pre-selected, just click the "Calculate springs" button
-Tell me what the top number is in the top row for the "Part number front axle" column and "part number rear axle" column

thanks!
hey unfortunately i do not have the car anymore so i dont know the VIN. What i can offer to anyone is, if the springs dont fit your car i will take them back for a full refund.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
thegad
Private
United_States
0
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3 (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (1)

Hey, another seller got back to me and I'm going to go pick up his springs tomorrow. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know. Thanks for the response!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST