BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

12-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #23
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran

Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
lol

http://mischief.tv/?p=543

Attached Images

MDyDinanM is offline   United_States
      01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #24
Dado
Private

Drives: 11M3ZCP,'09Duc1198,Peterbilt

Did the washington post copy this from The Onion? Just saying, China has done that a few times.
Dado is offline   United_States
      01-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #25
adc
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Why defend dangerous road drivers? Encourage them to go to a track, instead
They don't need to. They have mad skillz already.

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i ED
      01-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #26
Nautik
Captain

Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

This article is such a joke from a trash news paper. I doubt even 90% of it is true. They love to sensationalize this kind of thing around here.

Here is my favorite quote:

"In the old days of muscle cars, a driver might customize a carís parts to increase power. Import tuners also often tweak the computer system that controls the engine to maximize performance ó a sort of hacking meets hot-rodding. Cars that come from the factory with 200-horsepower engines can be retuned to have three or four times more power."

Please set me up with the tuner he is talking about, I'd love to have three or four times more horsepower from a tune!! What a dumbass...
      01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Nautik
Captain

Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

I'd also like to add that some of the worst crashes around my neighborhood are the police... Not even 2 months ago I am coming from a late dinner and the road is closed in my direction because a patrol car blasted into a phone pole.

3-4 weeks ago I'm going south on 28 for lunch and end up delayed for 45 minutes because another patrol car T Boned a Minivan. Best part? There are at least a dozen officers standing around laughing while one poor road clean-up guy is sweeping up the mess...

Why do I mention this? Because the officer really had no business getting into a high speed pursuit with these a-holes. Most officers do not have the training or the vehicle to drive at these speeds. The average patrol cruiser is an accident waiting to happen at high speed. More importantly, he was encouraging reckless behavior out of people he was chasing. They were already being stupid to begin with, yes, but now they may become desperate.

Get the plates and bust them at home. Don't further endanger everyone else on the road. The only time this may be an issue is if the car is suspected to be stolen, but obviously 15+ cars running in a group are not stolen.

The police around here think they are Rambo, it really is quite ridiculous.

Of course, this is assuming any of this article is true which most of it probably isn't.
      01-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran

Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [3.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik
This article is such a joke from a trash news paper. I doubt even 90% of it is true. They love to sensationalize this kind of thing around here.

Here is my favorite quote:

"In the old days of muscle cars, a driver might customize a cars parts to increase power. Import tuners also often tweak the computer system that controls the engine to maximize performance a sort of hacking meets hot-rodding. Cars that come from the factory with 200-horsepower engines can be retuned to have three or four times more power."

Please set me up with the tuner he is talking about, I'd love to have three or four times more horsepower from a tune!! What a dumbass...
The Washington Post, a trash newspaper? Don't think so. Now as far as the author of the article, perhaps you can point the finger to. I do agree that this article is probably exaggerating.

To each his own I guess.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
MDyDinanM is offline   United_States