BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
22

 
Jopa201's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 gtr
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas city


Posts: 218
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Has this happened to you...

So about an hours ago 10 pm central time I was leaving target. I parked my car far far away where I was hoping nobody would park there and have to walk a mile in the freezing cold to get to the store.
As I'm leaving a see a van parked next to my car with window down, with the van still running and the guy inside smoking a cig.He parked super close to my door where I had to squize in and just watched me get in. Do people have nothing better to do then provoke people
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
SpeedyM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
28

 
SpeedyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth


Posts: 257
iTrader: (0)

Have had plenty of people park next to me when I park miles away, even made a thread called "who parks close to you?" But I never had someone just wait in the car lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
chuck617
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
chuck617's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Alpine white E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 38
iTrader: (0)

I hate this kind of crap. You never know if he was looking for some kind of easy target, or if he was just an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Superfly_M3
Captain
43

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 964
iTrader: (0)

Should have asked him to move
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
Goat Rodeo
Second Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: '13 M3, '06 M3, '02 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: DC


Posts: 240
iTrader: (0)

Sounds disconcerting, did he look like this?

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
izzyM3
Lieutenant
14

 
izzyM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southbay


Posts: 495
iTrader: (2)

I think you stand out when parking far and thus attract more attention plus harder to keep eye on. I'd rather blend with the masses and park as close as possible to my destination. I am selective of which space I pop in making sure its wide enough and well lighted. And if I could park between descent cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
174

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM3 View Post
I think you stand out when parking far and thus attract more attention plus harder to keep eye on. I'd rather blend with the masses and park as close as possible to my destination. I am selective of which space I pop in making sure its wide enough and well lighted. And if I could park between descent cars.
+1, That's what I do too, my old car got vandalized when Ib parked way out in the lot
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
204


 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas


Posts: 13,116
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Powerbeast
Major General
United_States
213

 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 7,170
iTrader: (4)

Some people are just rude and have nothing better to do
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
267


 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA


Posts: 16,805
iTrader: (4)

^^+1 sad but true.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
VMcV3y
Captain
United_States
26

 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas


Posts: 927
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
+ Echo Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopa201 View Post
So about an hours ago 10 pm central time I was leaving target. I parked my car far far away where I was hoping nobody would park there and have to walk a mile in the freezing cold to get to the store.
As I'm leaving a see a van parked next to my car with window down, with the van still running and the guy inside smoking a cig.He parked super close to my door where I had to squize in and just watched me get in. Do people have nothing better to do then provoke people

Someone wrote on this forum once that the M3 wasn't the chick magnet he expected, but was instead a dick magnet.

I've found that it's also an asshole magnet when it comes to parking anywhere, and when cruising-along a highway at-speed.

We would be giving too much credence to people's intelligence capability by thinking most of them intentionally drive out there to piss off anyone. I tend to believe that most North American drivers suffer from an affliction called "don't have a clue." This scenario means they see a flashy shiny object parked somewhere in the back of the parking lot and just gravitate over to it (versus a trash can or a light pole).


These are the same idiots that do "echo driving" [my term] on the freeway next to you. Scenario:
  • you're driving along in the right lane at 65 mph in a 60 zone.
  • you catch up to a car in the right lane driving 60.
  • you signal a lane change, get over to the left, and begin to overtake.
  • the car speeds up to 65 mph when you're beside it.
  • you speed up to 70 mph.
  • the car speeds up to 70 mph.
  • you speed up to 73 mph....and then see a police car going the other way.
  • slow to 65, don't get a ticket, and throw a evil look at that car.... which is now beside you again.

- V

.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.

Last edited by VMcV3y; 01-24-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fix typo
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
267


 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA


Posts: 16,805
iTrader: (4)

^^yes have to love the drivers who drive super slow on one lane road and as soon as it comes to 2 lanes (or passing lanes) they speed up to 80+ lol. Love it!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
jmgM3
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
jmgM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 - 6MT - Jerez Blk
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston TX


Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Someone wrote on this forum once that the M3 wasn't the chick magnet he expected, but was instead a dick magnet.

I've found that it's also an asshole magnet when it comes to parking anywhere, and when cruising-along a highway at-speed.

We would be giving too much credence to people's intelligence capability by thinking most of them intentionally drive out there to piss off anyone. I tend to believe that most North American drivers suffer from an affliction called "don't have a clue." This scenario means they see a flashy shiny object parked somewhere in the back of the parking lot and just gravitate over to it (versus a trash can or a light pole).


These are the same idiots that do "echo driving" [my term] on the freeway next to you. Scenario:
  • you're driving along in the right lane at 65 mph in a 60 zone.
  • you catch up to a car in the right lane driving 60.
  • you signal a lane change, get over to the left, and begin to overtake.
  • the car speeds up to 65 mph when you're beside it.
  • you speed up to 70 mph.
  • the car speeds up to 70 mph.
  • you speed up to 73 mph....and then see a police car going the other way.
  • slow to 65, don't get a ticket, and throw a evil look at that car.... which is now beside you again.

- V

.


"echo driving"... love it!

I also feel like my car has honey on it. No matter how much I try to isolate it, and therefore reduce my chances for door dings, I always find some jackass parked next to me. Usually a lowered 97' integra with fluorescent paint on the wheels or similar...
__________________

2011 E90 M3 - Jrz Blk - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
47

 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland


Posts: 1,799
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
or just show him your gun
__________________

2003 CSL, SG, Alcon BBK
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #15
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
94

 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k


Posts: 4,213
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgM3 View Post
"echo driving"... love it!

I also feel like my car has honey on it. No matter how much I try to isolate it, and therefore reduce my chances for door dings, I always find some jackass parked next to me. Usually a lowered 97' integra with fluorescent paint on the wheels or similar...
Perfect term for it, so f-ing annoying. Add to that the dick who speeds up to pass you, slows down then pulls his windshield washers for about a minute. Happened to me the other day...

Agree with the others about parking, be smart about the spot but park closer in otherwise it attracts the assholes.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
jmgM3
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
jmgM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 - 6MT - Jerez Blk
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston TX


Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
or just show him your gun
lol... speaking like a true Texan.
__________________

2011 E90 M3 - Jrz Blk - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #17
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
22

 
Jopa201's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 gtr
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas city


Posts: 218
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Perfect term for it, so f-ing annoying. Add to that the dick who speeds up to pass you, slows down then pulls his windshield washers for about a minute. Happened to me the other day...

Agree with the others about parking, be smart about the spot but park closer in otherwise it attracts the assholes.

Had a guy pass me but then 1 minute later he got pulled over ... Happiest moment of the day
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
94

 
signes's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k


Posts: 4,213
iTrader: (3)

I had a Prius (seriously) dry to out run me into a turn to merge onto the freeway. Chopped across in front of me then slid straight on into a wall (not very hard as it wasn't that fast.) Pretty funny...
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
VMcV3y
Captain
United_States
26

 
VMcV3y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Cabriolet
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston, Texas


Posts: 927
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopa201 View Post
Had a guy pass me but then 1 minute later he got pulled over ... Happiest moment of the day
Yeah, about fifteen years ago, I watched two cars doing the echo thing in front of me one night.

Then a pickup truck coming up real fast behind me got impatient, and passed the cars on the right shoulder.

He knew it was the wrong move when the dash and grill lights of the Texas DPS Trooper car lit him up.

Usually, it's an idiot doing the echo driving... but sometimes, rarely, there's a legitimate reason!


- V

.
__________________
2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic.

. . . .Munich . . . >. . . .Houston

When one wants a cabriolet, is there really any other choice than an M3? No. No, there's not.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
14

 
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: An Undisclosed Location


Posts: 571
iTrader: (0)

Sometimes, I swear, if you're driving an M3 on a six-lane or eight-lane freeway, you can just manipulate other people's speed. I noticed this driving back from PCD in Greer. Haven't engaged in it since.

Last edited by WarrantyTracker; 04-25-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
United_States
12

 
Darth One's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL


Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

i would have "accidentally" jostled his side mirror out of alignment. hey, i had to get in my car and you were too close!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
136

 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA


Posts: 10,520
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
some people do it just to piss us off.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST