BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GTB Performance

07-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
RMB
Lieutenant

Drives: '11 Cayenne S

Garage List
Dinan Modifications

I have been giving some consideration to Dinan mods, but I am wary of problems with my warranty and the dealership. Has anyone encountered any problems in this regard? Also, any complications/drawbacks/problems with the 3.45 LSD on a DCT car? My goals are to modify the car, keep the warranty in place since it is new, and not degrade the day to day driveability, but to enhance it's already high levels of performance.
RMB is offline   United_States
      07-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
duke10
Private First Class

Drives: In between cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB
I have been giving some consideration to Dinan mods, but I am wary of problems with my warranty and the dealership. Has anyone encountered any problems in this regard? Also, any complications/drawbacks/problems with the 3.45 LSD on a DCT car? My goals are to modify the car, keep the warranty in place since it is new, and not degrade the day to day driveability, but to enhance it's already high levels of performance.
You should be good with Dinan part. A big dealership local to me is actually a Dinan dealer.
      07-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
lorinzo
Captain

Drives: 2011 e90 M3

May want to search as this issue has been covered many times....

My research indicates that Dinan will warranty anything not covered by BMW, but, I have no personal experience.

I went with Dinan pulley and intake.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan free flow exhaust | Dinan performance engine software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio upgrade | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10 et 20 | Michelin PSS 245/30/20 and 275/30/20 | H&R Sport springs |
lorinzo is offline   United_States
      07-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
edwinm3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 MELBOURNE RED M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell
BMW doesn't cover Dinan parts warranty wise (or anything "related" to them), but Dinan will step in with their warranty. Many (most) dealers are totally fine with Dinan mods (as mentioned, some dealerships are Dinan dealers as well). The final drive is a great mod (IMHO of course).
And from what I hear they're a PIA when it comes to warranty claims.

Evolve Stage 2, GTS-DCT Software, Akrapovic Exhaust, AA Catless X Pipe, AA Geen Air filter, AA Pulley, Stoptech BBK, KW V3 Coilovers
"If it feels like it's on rails, you're not driving fast enough"
edwinm3 is offline   United_States
      07-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Z K
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

The best thing to do if you want to keep your warranty is to keep it stock. If your dealer is a Dinan reseller, they might cover your Dinan parts. Otherwise you are out of luck.
Z K is offline   United_States
      02-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
mose121
Private First Class

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP/135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
And from what I hear they're a PIA when it comes to warranty claims.
I've worked with Dinan on a few warranty claims and they were great to work with. In those situations it's all about the service advisor you're dealing with. If they are into the Dinan mods, you'll be fine and they'll take care of you. If they aren't, or are unfamiliar with the process or who to talk with at Dinan they might think it's not covered or just too lazy to take care of it for you. It's usually never Dinan denying the claim, it's the dealers lack of experience dealing with Dinan claims. It's really not difficult at all. One phone call, fill out one form and email it to them, wait for payment/parts if needed. They even hooked up one of my client's with a free suspension package for his e60. Their customer support is top notch.
      02-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
sycd
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The best thing to do if you want to keep your warranty is to keep it stock. If your dealer is a Dinan reseller, they might cover your Dinan parts. Otherwise you are out of luck.
Dinan also covers the rest of the car for problems caused by their parts.