BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

12-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #23
llis
octane chick

Drives: Ms

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
On my new car, I went with just the heated seats. Cold weather package is overkill. The headlight washers can be a mess.

On the couple, the moonroof, when open, makes an atrocious noise, much worse than on the sedan. I had it on my 335xi sedan and it was quite fine, but something about the shape of the couple makes the roof opening just an ear-hammering experience.

Besides, carbon fiber roof looks better.

If you're above average in height, if you track the car, your helmet will hit the moonroof frame. The carbon roof gives you a bit more headroom in that respect.

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
llis is offline   United_States
      12-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #24
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Back in the days. German cars had headlight wipers. That would be more anoyying
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
      12-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #25
blackmars
FengShuiMaster

Drives: 13 M3 Coupe

Garage List
if you live in the north, u will need a heated seats. But M3 is more of non-winter car... so basically during winter or heavy snow, u don't want to drive a M3.

don't get the moonroof. it's so small and cf roof looks so much better.

blackmars is offline   United_States
      12-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
F82_SID
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3

I live in Denver and I love my heated seats... That being said, I opted for just heated seats. Didnt see the need for the headlight washers and "ski bag"... Plus, I like the look of the front bumper better without the washer nozels sticking up.

As far as the moon roof goes.. I also opted for it. I like the CF roof but I am not a fan of 1X1 CF weave. Also, I use my moon roof all the time! I hate how dark and closed in I feel in cars that dont have a moon roof. I love being able to open the moon roof and put the windows down on nice days. I even open the moon roof and keep the windows up on cold days!... If you are not the type of guy that uses the moon roof than just get the CF roof.
      12-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
HeartMD
Captain

Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

I had the CW package on my previous 335xdrive and could really never understand the point behind the head light washers. Like many others I too never really use the moon roof and opted for CF roof on this one though I have it on my daily and my wifes car. Personally I think the heated seats are awesome if you live in cold weather climate. The wife loves it too during that time of the month.
Just my 2 cents
Joe
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
HeartMD is offline   United_States
      12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria

Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
I kinda wish I would have gone with the moonroof on my sedan, but we dont have the CF option anyway. I just didnt see a need as I rarely opened it in my other vehicles. Now, I wish I had...

The headlight washers dont need to be coded to be shut off. Whenever you use the wipers, you can disable it by shutting off the headlights. Not very safe and the only time I think of that is after the spray of crap goes flying over the hood, but its an opt out feature.
      12-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #29
Pure ///M
Private First Class

Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [2.75]
I went with the heated seat option.

And if I had an E92 I would definitely go with the CF roof.
Pure ///M is offline   United_States
      12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
tha_good_life
Brigadier General

Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
I use my heated seats especially during this season in Seattle. So I guess it depends where you live. Mostly sunny= No need. Bad/cold winter= Yes to option
tha_good_life is offline   United_States
      12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
F82_SID
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bape_sta206 View Post
I use my heated seats especially during this season in Seattle. So I guess it depends where you live. Mostly sunny= No need. Bad/cold winter= Yes to option
My thought on this type of thing is that it is better to have the option and not use it, instead of regretting it later. Heated seats isnt a very expensive option so might as well... I kick myself in the ass for not selecting the integrated phone and cradle option.
      12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #32
tha_good_life
Brigadier General

Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
My thought on this type of thing is that it is better to have the option and not use it, instead of regretting it later. Heated seats isnt a very expensive option so might as well... I kick myself in the ass for not selecting the integrated phone and cradle option.
The only thing I regret is not having DCT. oh well... Manual is fun.
tha_good_life is offline   United_States
      12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #33
jel014

Drives: 2010 M3 Sedan

Never knew why I opted for heated seats and cold weather package until I moved from California to Chicago… Now I wish it had heated steering wheels as well! Love the unique carbon fiber look, but I have a e90, so opted for the moonroof.
      12-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #34
Crypty
Private First Class

Drives: '08 e92 M3

Heated seats are definitely nice as they warm you up well before the car is ready to blow any heat. I use them every day in the winter months. Sometimes I like to turn the seats on high and drive in the cold with the windows down. It feels good and you can hear the engine better.

The headlight washers will maybe bother you if you're anal about having your car spotless as they do spritz other areas of the car. If this is you though you probably wont drive it in the cold anyway.

CF roof all the way. It's a performance car. Lower CoG, lower weight, less shit to break (M3 moonroofs do this "exploding" thing), more headroom, and CF makes the car so much more sexy.
      12-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #35
dreamspeed
Major

Drives: 6MT

CF roof definitely looks better and is more unique. I got the moonroof cause I bought used and didn't have a choice but I open the moonroof all the time and the cover is always open to let in the sun. Therefore from a practical standpoint I like the moonroof but from an aesthetics standpoint I like the CF
      12-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #36
///Machine
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d

I think you can't go wrong either way. Adapt it to your taste and needs. I just ordered moonroof b/c it will be my DD, I don't plan on tracking and I have black interior, so the additional light is welcome. But I agree with others tha CF looks more aggressive.

Now for cwp, I ordered it, but could have gone either way. I thought of resale value, but I'm indifferent to how it looks/operates.
      12-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #37
AshyLarryMP
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT

Cold weather package and moon roof are more things that can break on your car down the road. Also they add a little weight to the car.

You need the carbon fiber roof to distinguish the M3 from the regular 3 series. Otherwise someone may mistake your M3 for a 335i. With white paint the carbon fiber roof stands out more.
AshyLarryMP is offline   United_States
      12-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #38
SchnellM3
Digger

Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50

Garage List
Carbon Fiber roof looks sick no matter what color you have, even though some may argue that it doesnt show up as well on black. You wont miss a sun roof at all.

As far as the cold weather pack goes, I have it but rarely ever use the heated seats and disabled the headlight washers. I accidentally bumped the washer stalk one time when the car was clean and those dam things came on and sprayed the front end

How can you not want this

DSC01568 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
SchnellM3 is offline   United_States
      12-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
gimmethemuumuu
First Lieutenant

Drives: '08 M3 Sedan & '07 328i Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post
S**** I really need the fold down seats feature. Are you guys sure u don't get that w/o the cold weather package?
Quote:
I think fold down rear seats are standard on all coups. They are optional on sedans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I got the fold down rear seats without the cold weather package. Can't remember if it came standard or with another package. I think the carbon fiber roof is one of the most visually appealing aspects of the E92
I think this is right. Fold-down rear seats are part of the Cold Weather Package but are also available as a separate option.

Also, I thought fold-down rear seats were standard on the coupes. Recently, I was made less certain of that in the older E46 line. However, I have thought that to be the case for a while.

GLWP!
gimmethemuumuu is offline   United_States
      12-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #40
NAV8TT
Major

Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmethemuumuu
Quote:
S**** I really need the fold down seats feature. Are you guys sure u don't get that w/o the cold weather package?
Quote:
I think fold down rear seats are standard on all coups. They are optional on sedans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
I got the fold down rear seats without the cold weather package. Can't remember if it came standard or with another package. I think the carbon fiber roof is one of the most visually appealing aspects of the E92
I think this is right. Fold-down rear seats are part of the Cold Weather Package but are also available as a separate option.

Also, I thought fold-down rear seats were standard on the coupes. Recently, I was made less certain of that in the older E46 line. However, I have thought that to be the case for a while.

GLWP!
Just checked with the dealer yesterday and its standard in all coups
      12-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #41
L4ces
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I purchased mine used so the only option was moonroof. It turns out that I really enjoy the moonroof, opening up I get to hear the exhaust quite bit more and going through tunnels I can really hear a lot. I think the moonroof is not a bad option at all. In addition, when popped open it really looks pretty cool from the rear and from the front, has a nice visual effect. When it is fully open it looks good as well, the front wind deflectors really look nice. However, I definitely appreciate the carbon fiber roof and often times wish I had it. But as I have come to learn, I would regret not having my moonroof.
Finally, there is something about the cf that speaks something special. Just look at SchnellM3 pics, amazing contrast on MRed and CF.
L4ces is offline   United_States