BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source

07-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
Move Over
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Raceseng Circuit Series Shift Knob Review

Hi guys, I wanted to get some pictures up of my new Raceseng circuit series shift knob. RaceSeng is a rather new company and has a pretty large category of shift knobs that can be fitted to our car with their BMW adapter. One of my Miata buddies turned me onto this company, and I am sure glad I went this direction over some of the other "race" options for our platform. I would like to help shed some light on the company and the quality of their products.

Before anyone asks, I am in no way affiliated with the company, and I paid full price for the knob.

I have had multiple different shift knobs in my days, from my Z (ricks S2k knob), to my E90 (M performance knob), and some others dating back into my honda/acura days. This is bar none the highest quality piece I have purchased in regards to shift knob/accessories go.

It is a 4 piece knob, made up of the brushed delrin knob portion, brushed stainless core, aluminum color ring, and BMW adapter. You can actually interchange color rings, AND interchange the knob portion later on in if you so choose, without having to spend an additional 150 for a whole new knob. It uses four allen set screws and fits VERY nicely onto our shift lever. The BMW adapter has a nice ridge around it for attaching our shift boot with a zip tie (or Coby shift boot in my case). Fit and finish is 10/10. The weight is significantly more than the Jaffster knob, MS knob and the M Performance/stock knob. The height is a bit higher than the stock knob, and with my AutoSolutions SSK, my shifter feel has been completely transformed to say the least. No more shifting through a bowl of mashed potatoes.

The Circuit Series is available in a ball type knob as well, which I may order as well to see how I like it. They also have the option for a 150mm total height shifter. I didn't feel the need for it, but it definitely gets your hands closer to the wheel. Raceseng is also working on their Tug tow hook fitment for the E46's. I need a set of new ones, so looking forward to their release. Cost is around 165, may be high for some but given the height, weight, and customization, it is well worth the cost.
The shifter can be found and ordered here:
http://www.raceseng.com/circuit-cyli...mw-shifter-arm
Attached Images

Last edited by Move Over; 07-17-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
E90M3velocity
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Silverstone II E90 M3

I was actually looking through their selection of custom knobs when I was searching for a delrin knob. Good to know you're happy with yours.
      07-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Move Over
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
I was actually looking through their selection of custom knobs when I was searching for a delrin knob. Good to know you're happy with yours.
This series just got released, they are awesome!
      12-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
that_grey_m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 6 spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
How do you think this Circuit Series Shifter would pair with my stock e92 m3 shift linkage? I am just concerned the throws will be lengthened since I do not have an SSK. I currently have the ZHP knob and I am trying to decide between this and the Slammer! Thanks. Hope u can reply
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Move Over
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_grey_m3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
How do you think this Circuit Series Shifter would pair with my stock e92 m3 shift linkage? I am just concerned the throws will be lengthened since I do not have an SSK. I currently have the ZHP knob and I am trying to decide between this and the Slammer! Thanks. Hope u can reply
Hey there - my buddy has an e90 with the same knob i do. He really likes it, as do i. They are very nice knobs with some good weight behind them. Much heavier than the M performance knob i had on my e90 m3