BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
SPEED73
Registered
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

BBS LM-R fitment question

I am interested in getting a set of BBS LM-R wheels in 9x20 ET8 and 10x20 ET18 sizes for my stock height E92 M3. Will this set-up fit? What if the car is lowered? Thanks in advance!
SPEED73 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
richard313
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535xi M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 604

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

I saw a set of LMR's for sale on Craigslist recently.
richard313 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine

Posts: 4,234
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Did you try searching at all? But just to answer your question, I believe this is a very common size and you should have no problem fitting this with stock suspension.
__________________
'08 E92 ///M3 - AW/BLK/CF, M-DCT, 19's
H&R, Vorsteiner, Eisenmann, BMC, BBS More to come...
ooowowizstev is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
con3081
New Member
 
con3081's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 325i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Archbald, PA

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

That will work fine with your car lowered on springs.
__________________
///Rob
con3081 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
GTM_Challenge
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,759
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
You will have to use 245 and 275 tire widths for proper fitment for most tires. some tires with a rounded edge may fit in 255/285 format but most have had some rubbing unless they have added enough camber. We have set up a number of cars on this exact wheel. Feel free to PM me any questions for details on your exact setup.
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Ryan@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4,263
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
They most certainly can fit.

they look great when they do and the weights are pretty good too!


20 - 9.0 et8


20 - 10.0 et18

we wrapped these on Yoko Advan Sport. Once you put them on get a good alignment done for some minor tweaking and you should be Golden!
Ryan@IND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

I didn't know such a low offset will work on our cars. I was looking at a set of 20 * 9 et 9 and 20 * 10 et 14 and confirmed that I would have to get the fronts re-barreled. Are you saying this set would work on our cars (since the offset is so close to the LMR set you said would work)?
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
 
tha_good_life's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle

Posts: 3,903
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
I have the same setup for my car. Let me know if you want to purchase it. I'm considering a new set of wheels.
tha_good_life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
GTM_Challenge
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago

Posts: 2,759
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
I didn't know such a low offset will work on our cars. I was looking at a set of 20 * 9 et 9 and 20 * 10 et 14 and confirmed that I would have to get the fronts re-barreled. Are you saying this set would work on our cars (since the offset is so close to the LMR set you said would work)?
as long as you have the tires and alignment correct, it should fit. the Rear will be a little right. most all 245/275 combos should fit, and 255/285 combos will depend on the tire brand and alignment/ride height.
GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
as long as you have the tires and alignment correct, it should fit. the Rear will be a little right. most all 245/275 combos should fit, and 255/285 combos will depend on the tire brand and alignment/ride height.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "the rear will be a little right"? I was planning on getting the fronts re-barrelled so this is good news to me. The manufacturer actually said that there is no way the fronts will work.... weird.
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
E92inSG
First Lieutenant
 
E92inSG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Asia

Posts: 380
iTrader: (1)

Ok I know this is an old thread but looking to get a set of LM-R 20". Most of the guys I see are running the Ericsson offsets with 245/275 and some have said they still get rubbing unless they run big camber.

I'm in Eibach lowered springs and don't intend to get a camber kit/ plates

My option is to get the non-Ericsson offsets

Front
20x9 et 32 (Ericsson offset is 8)

Rear
20x10 et 45 (Ericsson offset is 18)


My question is if I get the above setup and run 20mm spacers all round, I should have absolutely no issues with rubbing and setup should still be reasonably flush with 245/275 tires?

Also will the size of the lips be different from the Ericsson setup? Or are the lips dependent of rim width and not offset, therefore lip size will be the same?

The above setup is actually listed for the BMW F10 so I was thinking also when comes time to change wheels (and it will happen), I'll have more options to sell, rather than limiting to M3 only.

Any comments or thought would be greatly appreciated
E92inSG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #12
Powerbeast
Major General
 
Powerbeast's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,055
iTrader: (4)

245/275
Powerbeast is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #13
nightrain
Second Lieutenant
 
nightrain's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 JZB
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indonesia

Posts: 205
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 F10 M5  [5.00]
2009 E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
Ok I know this is an old thread but looking to get a set of LM-R 20". Most of the guys I see are running the Ericsson offsets with 245/275 and some have said they still get rubbing unless they run big camber.

I'm in Eibach lowered springs and don't intend to get a camber kit/ plates

My option is to get the non-Ericsson offsets

Front
20x9 et 32 (Ericsson offset is 8)

Rear
20x10 et 45 (Ericsson offset is 18)


My question is if I get the above setup and run 20mm spacers all round, I should have absolutely no issues with rubbing and setup should still be reasonably flush with 245/275 tires?

Also will the size of the lips be different from the Ericsson setup? Or are the lips dependent of rim width and not offset, therefore lip size will be the same?

The above setup is actually listed for the BMW F10 so I was thinking also when comes time to change wheels (and it will happen), I'll have more options to sell, rather than limiting to M3 only.

Any comments or thought would be greatly appreciated
i run these setup :

BBS LM CE

20 x 9 et 15 245/30/20

20 x 10 et 20 275/20/20

have no rubbing at all and i am lowered as well. And yes, the lips size would be smaller because of the higher offset of the wheels. Generally, higher wheel offsets give you smaller lips compared to lower wheel offsets.
nightrain is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #14
E92inSG
First Lieutenant
 
E92inSG's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Asia

Posts: 380
iTrader: (1)

Yeah some guys got a rubbing problem in front cos the offset is 8 for the Ericsson spec. So that's 7mm further out than your current setup. The rears don't seem to be a problem
E92inSG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST