BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

02-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Rear bumper repair

Hi all,

I need a few dents in my rear bumper repaired and, likely, the whole thing resprayed in Melbourne Red.

Any thoughts on excellent repair shops to get this work done right the first time? I'm on the west side in Manhattan and willing to travel to surrounding boroughs or into nearby New Jersey.

Thanks in advance.
      02-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
DKM3Power
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino View Post
Hi all,

I need a few dents in my rear bumper repaired and, likely, the whole thing resprayed in Melbourne Red.

Any thoughts on excellent repair shops to get this work done right the first time? I'm on the west side in Manhattan and willing to travel to surrounding boroughs or into nearby New Jersey.

Thanks in advance.
If your willing to drive to LI, Silver StarAuto body in Farmingdale. Mainly work on high end cars, state of the art equipment, and they stand by their warranty.

The M3 is the first RWD performance car I've had and since I bought it I got in two somewhat minor but pricey accidents. Car was fixed properly and in then EXACT timeframe I was given. When BMW repaired a minor (yet $2000) mistake Silver stars mechanic made, they they took care of the bill without question.

the last accident, just 1 week after getting my car back after a decent amount of work I was tapped in a parking lot while was in the store. When I told the oowner he laughed and said . "Uugghhhh, you can't get a break....bring it back, I'll take care of it."..(Free of charge)..

Last but not least, perfectly matched my factory paint (color, and factory orange peal).

PM me if you need details. I got a quote for a bumper spray before I had any accident and it was $300. But with auto body work you usually get what you pay for

Last edited by DKM3Power; 02-25-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
Tomz_M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Jet Black E90 M3

I always use S&R Auto body in Queens. Outstanding top notch work, have referred a lot of happy BMW guys and their workis comparable to MAC.

http://m.srautobodyrepair.com/

Ask for Sach, let them know Tom with the black M3 sent you.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Thanks for all of the above responses. Will look into both options! Much appreciated.