BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
It only took about 5 days to get my cc permit in Iowa!!
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed 4x4 Line-X
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

You guys do know that California is a shall issue state right?

There are a lot of counties in California that issues CC permits
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #25
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Concealed. California doesnt allow it, or makes it nearly impossible. Im not going to wait for a "told you so" moment or "should have" I obviously value my life more than my state does so I carry nearly 90% of the time.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Arben72
Banned
Albania
6
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

It's impossible to get either in Illinois. Atleast california has good weather in return.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Concealed. California doesnt allow it, or makes it nearly impossible. Im not going to wait for a "told you so" moment or "should have" I obviously value my life more than my state does so I carry nearly 90% of the time.
wait, you conceal without a permit?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
283
Rep
15,808
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
wait, you conceal without a permit?
Sounds like it...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #29
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Sounds like it...
If you kill someone with the firearm even in self defense without a CCW.. good luck..

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #30
elm3
M3 Lover
elm3's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,864
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canton, GA.

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Concealed.
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue, 6MT, Silver Novillo Leather, CF Trim, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels, Moonroof-Toy/ '14 335i, Sport Line, Premium Package, Technology Package, 19" wheels, Heated Seats - Daily Driver/ '04 Yamaha R1 - Toy/ '06 Yamaha Raptor 350-Toy
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
wait, you conceal without a permit?
Absolutely.

And sorry, I don't buy the "if you are being shot at you must have a permit to shoot back." If I am in a situation where I know I am taking into a back storage room with a gun to my head, Im not going to phone up the state of California the next day for a permit. The difference is I was raised around guns my entire life. My Father is an ex navy seal of 15 years, and even he still carries. My only issue about carrying is that others are not familiar with their firearm. There are enough loop holes as to how you can store the clips, and what makes a "locked" firearm.

I carry when I travel. Simple as that. Due to travel laws and multi-state bullshit on CC I do it anyways. I have a private plane, I travel often. I am my own security as well as my families. I carry and I always will.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
If you kill someone with the firearm even in self defense without a CCW.. good luck..


I could care less. Why are you so afraid of our government? You shouldnt be on your knees. So who gets in more trouble?

A criminal shoots at you with a stolen, unregistered, illegal assault weapon while robbing you, (hes probably on parole for previous offenses) and for the hell of it lets say maybe he even has a warrant. You shoot back and don't have a permit, and then your punishment is the government says "give us a lot of money and we will forget about this." Oh the Irony.

Now if you get stopped in a IHOP with a 1911 .45 ACP with one in the chamber, then that's a different story. You can be smart about it, but I still feel it should be within reach, especially while traveling. I would like to carry my gun into IHOP, but only because this day in age I dont know if some lunatic is going to come in and shoot the 4 police officers having coffee at the table across from me. Can you be too prepared? Or is it inappropriate place to carry a gun.

When I go to Vegas with my cousins. We all carry. Even his wife. Everywhere we go.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #33
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Optherion - I agree with your line of logic, although I do not have the time, money or patience to deal with the repercussions that would ensue if I was caught carrying where not allowed. Luckily there are not many restrictions here anymore.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed 4x4 Line-X
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #34
elm3
M3 Lover
elm3's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,864
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canton, GA.

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Absolutely.

And sorry, I don't buy the "if you are being shot at you must have a permit to shoot back." If I am in a situation where I know I am taking into a back storage room with a gun to my head, Im not going to phone up the state of California the next day for a permit. The difference is I was raised around guns my entire life. My Father is an ex navy seal of 15 years, and even he still carries. My only issue about carrying is that others are not familiar with their firearm. There are enough loop holes as to how you can store the clips, and what makes a "locked" firearm.

I carry when I travel. Simple as that. Due to travel laws and multi-state bullshit on CC I do it anyways. I have a private plane, I travel often. I am my own security as well as my families. I carry and I always will.
+1, could not have said it better myself.
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue, 6MT, Silver Novillo Leather, CF Trim, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels, Moonroof-Toy/ '14 335i, Sport Line, Premium Package, Technology Package, 19" wheels, Heated Seats - Daily Driver/ '04 Yamaha R1 - Toy/ '06 Yamaha Raptor 350-Toy
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Optherion - I agree with your line of logic, although I do not have the time, money or patience to deal with the repercussions that would ensue if I was caught carrying where not allowed. Luckily there are not many restrictions here anymore.
Yes they can be very strict and in California result in a felony. However, there are enough loop holes about the ammo being within reach, or transporting a firearm that must be locked etc. that if you know the law, you can transport one with little problems.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #36
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
I could care less. Why are you so afraid of our government? You shouldnt be on your knees. So who gets in more trouble?

A criminal shoots at you with a stolen, unregistered, illegal assault weapon while robbing you, (hes probably on parole for previous offenses) and for the hell of it lets say maybe he even has a warrant. You shoot back and don't have a permit, and then your punishment is the government says "give us a lot of money and we will forget about this." Oh the Irony.

Now if you get stopped in a IHOP with a 1911 .45 ACP with one in the chamber, then that's a different story. You can be smart about it, but I still feel it should be within reach, especially while traveling. I would like to carry my gun into IHOP, but only because this day in age I dont know if some lunatic is going to come in and shoot the 4 police officers having coffee at the table across from me. Can you be too prepared? Or is it inappropriate place to carry a gun.

When I go to Vegas with my cousins. We all carry. Even his wife. Everywhere we go.
I'm not afraid of the government, I just don't want to go to jail for breaking a serious law. I completely understand your logic but I just don't have the money and time to deal with the judicial system. And I would definitely not risk losing the right to own a gun for the rest of my life.

Depending on the situation, it is either a misdemeanor or a felony for conceal carry. One misdemeanor for unloaded CC. 2 misdemeanor for loaded CC.

misdemeanor charges will result in 2-10 years probation, where the owner cannot own or possess any firearm.

It can also be a felony depending on the situation and that will leave to a lifetime ban of any firearm.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Yes to both, depending on what time of day it is.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
Desert_Fox's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
471
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is E93
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Desert_Fox Send a message via Skype™ to Desert_Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX328 View Post
Concealed carry.
How did you manage that one? I only personally know 1 guy who has a CC permit in California, and it's because he's the richest guy this part of San Diego county and is on a first name basis with the sheriff.
__________________
Current 2013 BMW 335is E93 [Mineral White] [Coral Red] DCT, Premium Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Nav, Heated Seats, HK, BMW Apps
Current 2003 BMW 540i E39 [Sterling Gray] [Montana Grey] 6MT, Premium Pkg, M-Sport Pkg
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #39
kevinbahnz
Lieutenant
kevinbahnz's Avatar
25
Rep
519
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ma-NC

iTrader: (1)

Conceal because Open carry attracts too much attention.
__________________
<img src=http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z164/kevinbahnz/08-23-2008030.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #40
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Hell, most people prolly don't even get that. That being said, the only reason to openly carry is to show off, announce that you don't want to be fucked with or compensate for a small penis.

I only do it for work and then its ALWAYS concealed. You may detract some people with open carry, and if that's the way your state rolls, no problem. BUT, you make yourself a target on many different levels with open carry and you had better have the abilities to back up your bold statement, without needing to resort to the gun its self.

You can't gun your way out of everything.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
Nate4641
Captain
Nate4641's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
857
Posts

 
Drives: '07 M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Hell, most people prolly don't even get that. That being said, the only reason to openly carry is to show off, announce that you don't want to be fucked with or compensate for a small penis.
You forgot one. Theres also the people who are trying to be smart asses and want to see how police officers react. There are plenty of videos on youtube of assclowns like this who spent 10 seconds reading the first thing that came up on google then head out with a camera and a firearm. A lot of them are trying to make cops look like idiots for not knowing every detail of every law.



(cant figure out how to embed the video. Embed code didnt work)
__________________
2007 ///M Roadster Interlagos Blue & Dark Beige top over Light Sepang extended leather - 19in Morr VS8.2--RPI exhaust--AFE Intake--DKF Hangers--Vibra Technics Engine Mounts--Cosmos Firewall Braces--BMW Strut Brace--Tekarbon CF Engine Cover--Aero Side Skirts--F10 M5 Knob--LeatherZ Mk4 Armrest--SmartTOP Roof Controller--Zeckhausen Racing CDV--DansDecals Reflector Decals--Clutch Stop--LED Trunk Light--Stubby Antenna
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
You forgot one. Theres also the people who are trying to be smart asses and want to see how police officers react. There are plenty of videos on youtube of assclowns like this who spent 10 seconds reading the first thing that came up on google then head out with a camera and a firearm. A lot of them are trying to make cops look like idiots for not knowing every detail of every law.



(cant figure out how to embed the video. Embed code didnt work)
You are correct. That cat IS an assclown. That cop did a great job, and he didn't rise to the bait. He also knew his law, and I like how the kid was stammering at the end because his knowledge of the law was a thin veneer. The bottom line is that during that encounter, the officer did not need consent to verify the status of the firearm, and anyone who would deliberately walk around with a weapon like that shouldered in broad daylight has serious issues.

Good find Nate.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #43
Nate4641
Captain
Nate4641's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
857
Posts

 
Drives: '07 M Roadster
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
You are correct. That cat IS an assclown. That cop did a great job, and he didn't rise to the bait. He also knew his law, and I like how the kid was stammering at the end because his knowledge of the law was a thin veneer. The bottom line is that during that encounter, the officer did not need consent to verify the status of the firearm, and anyone who would deliberately walk around with a weapon like that shouldered in broad daylight has serious issues.

Good find Nate.
Videos of people like that upset me. One because I just hate that passive aggressive mentality, two because they possibly ruin it for everyone else. A politician is less likely to make things easier on gun control if people are running around doing stupid things like this.

I would love to carry, but most places dont allow it and like most others I don't want to deal with the issues of getting caught doing it illegally. This would be my choice of carry pistol if I had one. Guncrafter Industries Model 3. The .50GI copper hollow point round would take anyone down with one hit.
__________________
2007 ///M Roadster Interlagos Blue & Dark Beige top over Light Sepang extended leather - 19in Morr VS8.2--RPI exhaust--AFE Intake--DKF Hangers--Vibra Technics Engine Mounts--Cosmos Firewall Braces--BMW Strut Brace--Tekarbon CF Engine Cover--Aero Side Skirts--F10 M5 Knob--LeatherZ Mk4 Armrest--SmartTOP Roof Controller--Zeckhausen Racing CDV--DansDecals Reflector Decals--Clutch Stop--LED Trunk Light--Stubby Antenna
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #44
iBoost
Brigadier General
iBoost's Avatar
49
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
You forgot one. Theres also the people who are trying to be smart asses and want to see how police officers react. There are plenty of videos on youtube of assclowns like this who spent 10 seconds reading the first thing that came up on google then head out with a camera and a firearm. A lot of them are trying to make cops look like idiots for not knowing every detail of every law.



(cant figure out how to embed the video. Embed code didnt work)
i cant stand dickheads like that attention whoring at its finest.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST