BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

VF Engineering

08-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #23
mofomat
Captain

Drives: BMW M3 (E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
My point is, though the combination might be available elsewhere, BMWUSA has prevented certain ones from being ordered in the past.
Yeah OK. Well, in that case I wouldn't worry about this combination not being available because a) it looks good and I'm surprised it's not a recommended combination and b) there are pics in the photo section of 6 silverstone M3's lined up, 3 of which have Fox Red interiors. These pictures were taken at the Italian press launch or something like that, so it's obviously a combination which does have some fans at BMW.
Attached Images

mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
      08-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #24
Romo
Captain

Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Yeah OK. Well, in that case I wouldn't worry about this combination not being available because a) it looks good and I'm surprised it's not a recommended combination and b) there are pics in the photo section of 6 silverstone M3's lined up, 3 of which have Fox Red interiors. These pictures were taken at the Italian press launch or something like that, so it's obviously a combination which does have some fans at BMW.

+1, that includes me as well
Romo is offline   Netherlands
      08-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #25
MI6
The World is Not Enough

Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
I agree SSII and Fox are hot........but............

I think what Greg was trying to say is that unfortunately for the U.S. BMW
NA combos and options are not always about what is cool or what looks good but about whatever BMW AG decides we should have.

I mean it took 2.5 years for us to get the 19" wheel option here in the U.S. on the E46 M3!!!!
And we do not have "Individual" like you Euros do. So..........

IMHO, just trying to say it's not always good news for us Yanks when it comes to options and combos available from BMW NA.

If you don't live here it's kind of hard to understand this but our pessimism is wholly justified.............

That being said, I do believe that this new "M" will offer more trims and options available to us than ever before- and that's a good thing.
MI6 is offline   United_States
      08-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
Bennu
Colonel

Drives: BMW Coupe

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
I agree SSII and Fox are hot........but............

I think what Greg was trying to say is that unfortunately for the U.S. BMW
NA combos and options are not always about what is cool or what looks good but about whatever BMW AG decides we should have.

I mean it took 2.5 years for us to get the 19" wheel option here in the U.S. on the E46 M3!!!!
And we do not have "Individual" like you Euros do. So..........

IMHO, just trying to say it's not always good news for us Yanks when it comes to options and combos available from BMW NA.

If you don't live here it's kind of hard to understand this but our pessimism is wholly justified.............

That being said, I do believe that this new "M" will offer more trims and options available to us than ever before- and that's a good thing.
MI6 is right. Look at this combo below for the 335i and you'll see what they mean. This particular combo "Montego Blue Metallic" with "Coral Red/Black w/Dakota Leather Upholstery" Is not an available option in the US. It looks great tho IMHO. However the car is from Europe.
Attached Images

Bennu is offline   United_States
      08-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #27
Keto
Major

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
That car can leap tall buildings in a single bound....
Keto is offline   United_States
      08-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
MI6
The World is Not Enough

Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3N R3D View Post
MI6 is right. Look at this combo below for the 335i and you'll see what they mean. This particular combo "Montego Blue Metallic" with "Coral Red/Black w/Dakota Leather Upholstery" Is not an available option in the US. It looks great tho IMHO. However the car is from Europe.
BMW AG is known to not like "Superman".........

For Munich, Batman is a whole different story though.

Maybe it's that cool car of his.........
MI6 is offline   United_States
      08-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #29
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

SSII & Fox Red!!!!!!!!

I Spoke with the GM of Edmonton BMW Today and he told me that you will be able to get SSII and Fox Red together but it will cost a fee for a special order. Personally I don't care what the fee is, My M3 will be SSII, Fox Red and Sycamore Anthracite wood trim.

WHEW!!!!!!
      08-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #30
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I Spoke with the GM of Edmonton BMW Today and he told me that you will be able to get SSII and Fox Red together but it will cost a fee for a special order. Personally I don't care what the fee is, My M3 will be SSII, Fox Red and Sycamore Anthracite wood trim.
At least you can do specials in Canada. Here, no such luck at this time.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
      08-12-2007, 05:06 AM   #31
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
At least you can do specials in Canada. Here, no such luck at this time.

Remember US and Canada don't always share the same color combos, wheels, and options.

Hopefully you will be able to get your color combo...... maybe you will get lucky and it will be a regular color combo in the US.
      08-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
arbitrage
First Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post

WHEW!!!!!!
Don't let the guy steal your money, those color combos are just "perfect matches" as per the legend. This was the same when I ordered my 335 and you could still order any combo without paying the extra. Tell that manger to go screw himself, hes ripping you a new one.
arbitrage is offline   Canada
      08-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #33
esquire
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

i agree. i think fox red looks great with silverstone II and space gray. and by no means am i normally a fan of red interiors.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
      08-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #34
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast

Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
That car can leap tall buildings in a single bound....
I was thinking more Spidey myself
Tobizach is offline   United_States
      08-12-2007, 10:05 PM   #35
apw2607
Major

Drives: 2009 X5 35d

Looks like no front PDC offered ?
      08-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #36
bavarian19
General

Drives: Car

I have not been following the M3's options so far, but I like the fact that you can order the car with a sunroof, and it would delete the CF roof.

Not a big fan of the skunk stripe black roof if its a color car thats not black...
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
      08-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #37
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3

I ordered the sunroof,because I do not see the point of a 12lb saving being a very big deal on a 3600lb+ vehicle.But I guess you also have add back the weight of the sunroof cassette.If the car was a lightweight special like a GT3rs maybe I would worry about it,but a sunroof is part of my integral enjoyment of a vehicle.
      08-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #38
Epacy
Reincarnated

Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I ordered the sunroof,because I do not see the point of a 12lb saving being a very big deal on a 3600lb+ vehicle.But I guess you also have add back the weight of the sunroof cassette.If the car was a lightweight special like a GT3rs maybe I would worry about it,but a sunroof is part of my integral enjoyment of a vehicle.
People don't seem to register the fact of where the weight is located.
      08-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #39
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
People don't seem to register the fact of where the weight is located.
Yes I am aware of the effect of weight on the roof compared to weight located at the floorpan.As it will be a street car,not a track or lapping car it does not matter in my case.With a car that will weigh as much as this one does,it will take a very skilled driver to notice the difference if at all.My trackdays are now reserved for 400lb bikes not almost 2 ton cars
      08-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #40
mofomat
Captain

Drives: BMW M3 (E92)

Why would anybody want a sunroof in a car with climate control?

And if you're going to take away a USP of the M3 then why not just get a 335i?
mofomat is offline   United Kingdom
      08-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #41
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
Why would anybody want a sunroof in a car with climate control?

And if you're going to take away a USP of the M3 then why not just get a 335i?

We have a E93 335 and it is a great car ,but it is not an M3 and besides it is my wifes carI use my sunroof all the time in my cars on cooler days and low speeds and even my F150 worktruck has a sunroof and anytime I have not had a sunroof I have gotten rid of that vehicle quite quickly.
      08-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #42
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350

Garage List
CF vs. steel roof w/ sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
The total difference is about 48 lb., not insignificant. I, too, like sunroofs, so it's a bit of a dilemma, because I'm also attracted to the looks and benefits of the CF roof. Can't have it all, I guess.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
      08-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #43
apw2607
Major

Drives: 2009 X5 35d

Yea, I'm in the same boat as you Greg. I like sunroofs simply because they add some extra daylight into the cabin on these gray days we get in Seattle. Especially with the black headliner. That said, theres no doubt that the carbon roof looks the business ... so it will be a tough call.
      08-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #44
Gearhead999s
Major General

Quote:
The total difference is about 48 lb., not insignificant. I, too, like sunroofs, so it's a bit of a dilemma, because I'm also attracted to the looks and benefits of the CF roof. Can't have it all, I guess.
You have to remember that the weights that are being quoted are for non-optioned cars.I am going for a fully optioned car with nav,upgraded sound system 19's and all this adds weight,maybe as much as 75 lbs.I have had lots of carbon fibre on my bikes in the past & present and it does not age well in exposure to the elements.And being that this will be a 4 season car in a Canadian winter,I am not willing to be guinea pig.And besides I want the sunroof