BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
TheLegend8
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Best mods to go with Eisenmann race exhaust

Hey All,

I'm fairly new to this forum, I am coming from a highly tuned 135i and I am really missing the power. I put an eisenmann race system on my exhaust and was looking to add a couple more modifications. I will eventually go the S/C route but was wondering what other modifications I should get to increase power for a couple years before I can drop $10k on a S/C kit.

Im fairly new to exhaust modifications as all I ever had done on my 135i was downpipes. What other components am I missing to have full exhaut on this car? ( I have eisenmann race axel-back)

Thanks for the help all!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
121
Rep
8,517
Posts

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

X pipe or cat delete pipes would free up power. You're going to need a tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Evolve-US
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evolve-US's Avatar
2
Rep
298
Posts


Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
X pipe or cat delete pipes would free up power. You're going to need a tune.
yup either or will do. We will be releasing pricing on a test pipes and tune package shortly. If you are interested, let me know

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
thekurgan's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
2,992
Posts

Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Cold start delete
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BPMSport 91/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Ultimate Clutch Pedal/Alcantara Wheel/Rear Fog Switch/Rattle fixes
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
TheLegend8
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@evolve View Post
yup either or will do. We will be releasing pricing on a test pipes and tune package shortly. If you are interested, let me know


Thanks Alex, I would be very intersted in that package.

What is the cold start delete?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
yoelev
First Lieutenant
yoelev's Avatar
4
Rep
355
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

earplugs
__________________

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Monoball Kit, Dinan Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Struts, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Pullies, Dinan Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
thekurgan's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
2,992
Posts

Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend8 View Post
Thanks Alex, I would be very intersted in that package.

What is the cold start delete?
Emissions control activation of secondary air pump and vanos phasing I believe. Whatever it is, it is loud, and much louder with a race exhaust. Your neighbors will know. It can be removed via software modification.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BPMSport 91/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Ultimate Clutch Pedal/Alcantara Wheel/Rear Fog Switch/Rattle fixes
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
dmk08
///Maniac
dmk08's Avatar
121
Rep
3,848
Posts

Drives: 15 F80 MG/SO 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
The N/A mods are all blah IMO. Just save for a supercharger and save money in the long run. Its bar none the best power per dollar investment.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
111
Rep
5,698
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

I've got Eisenmann Race as well. Everyone on the forum said I'll need earmuffs when going with this new setup, which is completely catless. So over-exaggerated

I went the "cheaper" route. Got ACM test pipes for under $400 shipped. Got an exhaust shop to cut off the secondary cats, and welded in straight pipes. But I did leave the OEM resonators in there. That's about the max power you can squeeze out of your NA car (I've also got a stage 2 BPM tune).

If that is too much, I'd recommend going quad resonated (I got 2 extra pairs of resonators laying around if you want them). PM me if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
nujabes24's Avatar
4
Rep
466
Posts

Drives: 2014 MW M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: nj

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
X pipe or cat delete pipes would free up power. You're going to need a tune.
You get my vote for president, always have a great answer to any question.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
121
Rep
8,517
Posts

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24 View Post
You get my vote for president, always have a great answer to any question.
thanks, don't give me too much credit. But I do know that most the power is extracted out by going HFC or catless. Beyond that, the next major power bump would be a pully and tune. But you're hopeless after that unless you get go SC or stroker.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
JFWM3
JFWE92M3
JFWM3's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoelev View Post
earplugs
Too funny, and you are spot on!
__________________

____________________
ESS VT1 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
happos2
Dingleberries
18
Rep
1,188
Posts

Drives: Gray E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (3)

What everyone else has said to answer your question. Only other things that yield some power above tune and test pipes is an under-drive pulley though it is argue. An air filter could be added but that will just be sound, no power.

BUT

You said you came from a highly tuned 135i but all you did was downpipes? That is not highly tuned...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
ridin135
Colonel
35
Rep
2,272
Posts

Drives: 991 C2S & E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Greenville

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've got Eisenmann Race as well. Everyone on the forum said I'll need earmuffs when going with this new setup, which is completely catless. So over-exaggerated

I went the "cheaper" route. Got ACM test pipes for under $400 shipped. Got an exhaust shop to cut off the secondary cats, and welded in straight pipes. But I did leave the OEM resonators in there. That's about the max power you can squeeze out of your NA car (I've also got a stage 2 BPM tune).

If that is too much, I'd recommend going quad resonated (I got 2 extra pairs of resonators laying around if you want them). PM me if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.
Not obnoxiously loud at all, drove and have been behind it. Also no drone it's a very good setup.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
TheLegend8
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

All I did with exhaust was downpipes. I had a full stage 3 custom tune, meth, intake, dps.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
TheLegend8
New Member
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm just going to go with a tune & test pipes for now.

To clarify, test pipes=straight pipes=x-pipes??
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
Hazzd
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi,U.A.E

iTrader: (0)

SC it
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #18
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
3,109
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've got Eisenmann Race as well. Everyone on the forum said I'll need earmuffs when going with this new setup, which is completely catless. So over-exaggerated

.
its funny if you ever go to other car forums. like corvette or v8 camaro forums. people over there including my self go way louder exhaust setups. headers, cams, no mufflers etc. people love loud over there.

Here you put a muffler delete on and people say its LOUD.... ROFL !

so i agree way to much over-exaggertion i see here.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #19
Evolve-US
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evolve-US's Avatar
2
Rep
298
Posts


Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Emissions control activation of secondary air pump and vanos phasing I believe. Whatever it is, it is loud, and much louder with a race exhaust. Your neighbors will know. It can be removed via software modification.
I love the cold start, makes the car sound beefy when it starts, sad that many remove it
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
Evolve-US
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evolve-US's Avatar
2
Rep
298
Posts


Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend8 View Post
Thanks Alex, I would be very intersted in that package.

What is the cold start delete?
We wil be offering it as a package deal, test pipes and tune. Will have pricing soon
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #21
ridin135
Colonel
35
Rep
2,272
Posts

Drives: 991 C2S & E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Greenville

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
its funny if you ever go to other car forums. like corvette or v8 camaro forums. people over there including my self go way louder exhaust setups. headers, cams, no mufflers etc. people love loud over there.

Here you put a muffler delete on and people say its LOUD.... ROFL !

so i agree way to much over-exaggertion i see here.
100% agree and can't beat a cammed straight pipe LS motor
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST