BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

How to get NJ state inspection if purchasing car from dealer in NY?

I ordered my car from BMW of westchester which is located in NY... part of Ray Catena auto group. I am taking delivery of it at Porsche in edision. Since they are brother/sister dealerships is it possible to have porsche issue me the 5 year dealer state inspection decal? Or will I have to go to the NJ State DMV with the 14 day temp inspection card and get it form them?

thanks !
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
eternallx
S2ktoM3
 
eternallx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ

Posts: 207
iTrader: (6)

If all the paper work is under the NY dealership then I believe you will get the 14 day inspection card.
__________________
People don't understand people like us
eternallx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
porshah
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 398
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
If it is used, you will have to get it inspected. If new, they should be able to take care of it.
porshah is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallx View Post
If all the paper work is under the NY dealership then I believe you will get the 14 day inspection card.
yeah thats worst case scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by porshah View Post
If it is used, you will have to get it inspected. If new, they should be able to take care of it.
ya car is brand new.. my boy hooked me up he works at the dealership out here in NJ so he is gonna talk to the manager and see what info he has .
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Ali@BMWMt.laurel
Colonel
 
Ali@BMWMt.laurel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States

Posts: 2,131
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
I ordered my car from BMW of westchester which is located in NY... part of Ray Catena auto group. I am taking delivery of it at Porsche in edision. Since they are brother/sister dealerships is it possible to have porsche issue me the 5 year dealer state inspection decal? Or will I have to go to the NJ State DMV with the 14 day temp inspection card and get it form them?

thanks !

you ordered it where????????????????????????????????
__________________
BMW of Mount Laurel - ///M Certified Client Advisor
Send Me a Message Regarding Your Next BMW!
www.BMWofMtLaurel.com
We are an M-Certified and DINAN Certified Dealer
NJ Motorsports Park Affiliated!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS
Ali@BMWMt.laurel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
knolow
Lieutenant
 
knolow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jersey

Posts: 583
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porshah View Post
If it is used, you will have to get it inspected. If new, they should be able to take care of it.
I completely concur and this is what happened with my beater. Except it was Acura to honda. Same scenario.
knolow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST