BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GT Haus

12-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
ms372
White Shark

Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
damn !!!! this thing is nasty it sounds so much like my z06 did... I really am torn between this and the GT2 . I am daily driving it so torn.. can you post more vids please also price ??

Also I see that this has challange race x-pipe?

will it be a little quieter if I keep the stock x-pipe? I just want to do the SR connecting pipes sec 2 and the exhaust
for daily driving both will be kinda loud adding any kind of primary cat delete or secondary cat delete will make them crazy loud. i have a GT2 with challenge sport with primary cat delete and secondary race cats.

here is a video the car first run after the exhaust install. tone actually changes after you break in the pipes to a much deeper tone.
[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWPPWWtQSr8[/u2b]
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Last edited by ms372; 12-09-2012 at 12:14 PM.
ms372 is offline   Canada
      12-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #24
m3an
Banned

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
It is a muffler delete. Bends and nice looking piping isnt going to affect the sound that much, a custom job would give the same sound, add in some nice tips and youve got this at a fraction of the price.
Im sure this drones like hell
Unfortunately m3post snubs their nose to any "cheap, affordable" mods and would rather spend 2.5k on a muffler delete. I can't believe all the praise this thing gets yet people laughed at a vid of straigjt pipes and it sounded the same..
      12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
gatorfast
Colonel

Drives: MR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
It is a muffler delete. Bends and nice looking piping isnt going to affect the sound that much, a custom job would give the same sound, add in some nice tips and youve got this at a fraction of the price.
Im sure this drones like hell
That's what I was thinking too. No actual muffler, just straight pipes (which actually aren't so straight). Not sure what the appeal is with this exhaust unless you just like have something with a name brand.