BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
WTB: sub $35k E92/E90 M3. High mileage ok

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Prefer '09 over '08 because of tails on sedans. Coupe can be '08.

options: dont care. more you have the better, but no options is not a deal breaker.

would not like to go over 80k miles, but will considering any mileage if price is right.

MUST: 6-SPEED. WILL NOT LOOK AT DCT AT ANY PRICE.


Last edited by malter2.0; 12-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
UP
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
Prefer '09 over '08 because of tails on sedans. Coupe can be '08.

options: dont care. more you have the better, but no options is not a deal breaker.

would not like to go over 80k miles, but will considering any mileage if price is right.
You probably wont see any E92 M3 or E90 M3 in that range yet.

Thats an E46 M3 and E86 M price range. Have you looked at those cars? E86 M is an awesome car. 335i would be another option as well. Maybe a 2008 or 2009 335i?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh there are out there, don't worry. There are about 15-20 cars in that range on cars .com and autotrader. There is even one for $29k E92 coupe with 95k miles, most are on east coast. I am hoping to find something closer. I just sold my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
2,155
Posts

 
Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

I agree. I've seen quite a few in the 35k range with 45k mi
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
Oh there are out there, don't worry. There are about 15-20 cars in that range on cars .com and autotrader. There is even one for $29k E92 coupe with 95k miles, most are on east coast. I am hoping to find something closer. I just sold my 335i.
I have seen 0 with under 100-50000 miles, CPO, and $29,000-$35,000. Just isn't happening. Thats wholesale price right now in the PNW if you can find them.

Yeah you can get beat ones with 100,000 miles or close too it with no warranty. Why not get a low mileage E85 M or E86 M? Just saying, may be wiser.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
magnetic1
Private
0
Rep
74
Posts

 
Drives: Pair MysticBlueM3s & IB E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I have seen 0 with under 100-50000 miles, CPO, and $29,000-$35,000. Just isn't happening..
When did he say that's what he was looking for?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
206_m3
First Lieutenant
206_m3's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Space Gray M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

i've seen some around the PNW for about 38k-44k....the new year is coming up and i'm sure prices will change accordingly..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I have seen 0 with under 100-50000 miles, CPO, and $29,000-$35,000. Just isn't happening. Thats wholesale price right now in the PNW if you can find them.

Yeah you can get beat ones with 100,000 miles or close too it with no warranty. Why not get a low mileage E85 M or E86 M? Just saying, may be wiser.

Look harder, it's out there.

CPO? I never said CPO. I also never said 50k mileage limit.

Leave "wiser" to me. I can make my own decisions. Had plenty of buy/sell M-experience to know what I want and don't want.

Thanks for your input, but I don't need you to tell me what to buy and what I can and cannot find. Bye now.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
NELSON.MLGB's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary,AB

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I have seen 0 with under 100-50000 miles, CPO, and $29,000-$35,000. Just isn't happening. Thats wholesale price right now in the PNW if you can find them.

Yeah you can get beat ones with 100,000 miles or close too it with no warranty. Why not get a low mileage E85 M or E86 M? Just saying, may be wiser.

Look harder, it's out there.

CPO? I never said CPO. I also never said 50k mileage limit.

Leave "wiser" to me. I can make my own decisions. Had plenty of buy/sell M-experience to know what I want and don't want.

Thanks for your input, but I don't need you to tell me what to buy and what I can and cannot find. Bye now.
That guy just don wanna see you getting a m3 in cheap price, haha cuz he would be jelly that he paid to much for his lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
10
Rep
766
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Hey I've been recently toying with the idea of selling mine.

2008 E90 Jerez Black 6MT - Fully Loaded (every option box checked) 68k miles
I bought the car last year, Clean Car Fax, I went after the car cuz I saw ones with 25K less miles beaten to shit whereas this one was in excellent condition. The interior is flawless, Black Novillo with Carbon Trim. Considering getting back into a 2009+ E90 335i (manual is a must), So I have been considering parting ways with my beloved M while it still has some Equity to it, looking to get 35K for it. PM me if you want details.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

I think you can find those cars outside of California. Especially in the SF area, the M3s are higher priced due to higher demand and less supply. I paid nearly $50K for my 08 last year and that was under KBB price. 08s are going for about $40k now around here.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^^You got PM.

^Fully agree. I have been searching craigslist nationwide. Bay area...forget about it. Sonnen in San Rafael want $45k for '08 with 50k on it. They are out of their mind! I can get a '13 to my taste for $61k or $500 over invoice from Steve Thomas through Ryan.

There is an interesting blue on gray '08 E92 in Rhode Island for $29k with 96k miles as well as '08 E90 in Phoenix with 101k for $26k. Would have RI one shipped, but at 96k I'd want to taste drive.

something will come up...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
206_m3
First Lieutenant
206_m3's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Space Gray M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

yeah what your looking for is certainly out there. Don't let anyone on here say it's not possible! i hope you get what your looking for! i myself am looking for an 08 e92 M3 kinda in your range but i'm willing to pay 44k for one....GL with your find i know you'll find one!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
bavarian06
Captain
bavarian06's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
902
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (6)

I've been out of the bmw game for a while since I sold my M3 two years. But is this a realistic price for M's now? I would be tempted to get back into one at this price point. Update me on a price for a '09 coupe under 50K miles w/ navi+tech pack?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
bigtracing
Second Lieutenant
bigtracing's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

funny you mention the one on the east coast for 29k. i am in the financing process of buying that car. Its beautiful if the odometer didn't read 93k you would think it had 30k . the car was one owner and has been IMHO over maintained. i have looked at 40k m3s for 10k more in way worse condition then that car. keep looking you will find one for that price range. it would be a lot easier if ppl would price them correctly i have seen many priced easily 5k over every book value with sellers that have no interest in negotiating. good luck!
p.s. if the deal falls through i did the test drive on that blue one for you its mint.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
^^You got PM.

^Fully agree. I have been searching craigslist nationwide. Bay area...forget about it. Sonnen in San Rafael want $45k for '08 with 50k on it. They are out of their mind! I can get a '13 to my taste for $61k or $500 over invoice from Steve Thomas through Ryan.

There is an interesting blue on gray '08 E92 in Rhode Island for $29k with 96k miles as well as '08 E90 in Phoenix with 101k for $26k. Would have RI one shipped, but at 96k I'd want to taste drive.

something will come up...
Well, you have to keep in mind that it does snow up in the north east. And they put down gravel and salt roads during the winter. That means cars that are driven in the winter can have rust and other damage from the weather. That can easily account for why the cars are less expensive.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206_m3 View Post
yeah what your looking for is certainly out there. Don't let anyone on here say it's not possible! i hope you get what your looking for! i myself am looking for an 08 e92 M3 kinda in your range but i'm willing to pay 44k for one....GL with your find i know you'll find one!
Thank you!

Quote:
funny you mention the one on the east coast for 29k. i am in the financing process of buying that car. Its beautiful if the odometer didn't read 93k you would think it had 30k . the car was one owner and has been IMHO over maintained. i have looked at 40k m3s for 10k more in way worse condition then that car. keep looking you will find one for that price range. it would be a lot easier if ppl would price them correctly i have seen many priced easily 5k over every book value with sellers that have no interest in negotiating. good luck!
p.s. if the deal falls through i did the test drive on that blue one for you its mint.
That's great. Definitely keep me posted if it falls through. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Well, you have to keep in mind that it does snow up in the north east. And they put down gravel and salt roads during the winter. That means cars that are driven in the winter can have rust and other damage from the weather. That can easily account for why the cars are less expensive.
Trust me I know. I lived 15 years on East Coast and New England shoveling snow and changing winter tires on all my M cars. Most german cars that rust are ones that are built in 80s. Newer ones will rust too of course, but usually if owner neglects to wash their car often during winter months. Easy check from underneath the car during car buying. Other than that it is all the same. In CA, paint and dashboard is burnt from the sun, not to mention our wonderful 9% tax. You will always have something.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #19
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
DrakeKemper's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
749
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

OP do you happen to have any links? I'd love to pick one or both of those up. I just bought a BRZ for $27,900, I'll sell that in a heartbeat and pick up an E90 for $26 if you have links.
__________________
2008 E90 M3 - 6MT - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
cars.com
autotrader.com
craigslist

search..put in price criteria
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Agent11br
Captain
Agent11br's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
915
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, MI

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Im in the same boat as the OP. Looking to replace the e92 335i this upcoming spring with an e90 M as I cannot stand moving the dang infant carrier anymore for my 5month old and it will only get worse with the car seat.

I actively check each week on pricing and there are plenty of e90/2 M's in the sub $35k range for '08/'09 MY. I've even seen a few bare bones '10s.

Keep us posted Malter when you do find the right one!
__________________
07 E90 335i TiAg/Black 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
908
Posts

 
Drives: em-funf
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Agent, I just put in notification alert on autotrader to email me automatically every time a new posting in sub 35k range shows up. Highly suggest this. Saves time of checking sites daily.

I am also staying away from north east cars for the moment because of Sandy's flooding damage.

BMW of San Francisco just got AW/black 2011 E90 with DCT and some options with 40k miles for $45k. Great price for '11. Dont care for DCT, but look into it. I'll check in here occasionally.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST