BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
rgrovr
Private First Class
6
Rep
154
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Money went for Green Cars vs. Security for Libyan Embassy

Un-flippin-believable.

The WashingtonTimes is reporting that money was prioritized to purchase a Chevy Volt charging station for the Viennan embassy 4 days after disapproving a security funding request for the Libyan embassy (link)

Quote:
In a May 3, 2012, email, the State Department denied a request by a group of Special Forces assigned to protect the U.S. embassy in Libya to continue their use of a DC- 3 airplane for security operations throughout the country.

The subject line of the email, on which slain Ambassador Chris Stevens was copied, read: “Termination of Tripoli DC-3 Support.”

Four days later, on May 7, the State Department authorized the U.S. embassy in Vienna to purchase a $108,000 electric vehicle charging station for the embassy motor pool’s new Chevrolet Volts. The purchase was a part of the State Department’s “Energy Efficiency Sweep of Europe” initiative, which included hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on green program expenditures at various U.S. Embassies.
I swear this makes me want to kick a puppy when I hear this. How anyone can vote for Obama befuddles me to no end.
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
And how about the GOP voting to defund the security abroad? The House GOP took away $331 million from the security budget. Maybe if the budget hawks would think about their decisions prior to making them, there would have been enough funding to go around.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics

Here's the video where the House GOP agreeing that the House GOP did in fact cut finding:

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...assy-security/
__________________

Last edited by xbook; 10-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
rgrovr
Private First Class
6
Rep
154
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
And how about the GOP voting to defund the security abroad? The House GOP took away $331 million from the security budget. Maybe if the budget hawks would think about their decisions prior to making them, there would have been enough funding to go around.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=politics

Here's the video where the House GOP agreeing that the House GOP did in fact cut finding:

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...assy-security/
Your predictability is about as a transparent as a newborn needing to be fed.

The Democrats out-voted republicans 149-147 on the Continuing resolution for funding the State department.

Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2012

Additionally, the man in charge of Embassy Security expressly stated yesterday that budget cuts had zilch, nada, zero to do with the Protection of the Libyan embassy:




Any other Democrats want to get burned with the facts???
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
326
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sitting down, facing the keyboard

iTrader: (0)

And yet the Democrats are still absolutely fixated on funding reductions for Big Bird.... it's so absurd it's almost like a Monty Python sketch....

Heaven forbid that the cookie monster might have to pay his own way via commercials or something, that's clearly more important than ambassadors getting enough support to not get murdered or anything.

At least the green manifesto continues as long as we throwing support at the Volts to enable GM to continue to lose $50K per car sold.
(when they say it's green, they are talking about the money being poured down the drain, right?)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
pgviper
Lieutenant
United_States
26
Rep
440
Posts

 
Drives: X3 xdrive35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LI / BK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post

Any other Democrats want to get burned with the facts???
Haha, as many car forums say it:

Nice kill!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Any other Democrats want to get burned with the facts???
Sure.

Do you even know what a continuing resolution is? You obviously don't because you look like a fool using that as a means to "prove" democrat negligence in cutting the state dept's budget. When you find out exactly what a CR is, I'll give you an opportunity come back and change your statement. You're just another know-it-all who thinks he understands how the Federal Government operates, when in-fact, you really have no clue.

You might get away with that non-sense 90% of the time on a car forum where people don't know enough to challenge you, but unfortunately for you in this case, you just got exposed.

Last edited by TMNT; 11-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
41
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Sure.

Do you even know what a continuing resolution is? You obviously don't because you look like a fool using that as a means to "prove" democrat negligence in cutting the state dept's budget. When you find out exactly what a CR is, I'll give you an opportunity come back and change your statement. You're just another know-it-all who thinks he understands how the Federal Government operates, when in-fact, you really have no clue.

You might get away with that non-sense 90% of the time on a car forum where people don't know enough to challenge you, but unfortunately for you in this case, you just got exposed.
Haha! Nice kill
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
incantana
Captain
incantana's Avatar
13
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Sure.

Do you even know what a continuing resolution is? You obviously don't because you look like a fool using that as a means to "prove" democrat negligence in cutting the state dept's budget. When you find out exactly what a CR is, I'll give you an opportunity come back and change your statement. You're just another know-it-all who thinks he understands how the Federal Government operates, when in-fact, you really have no clue.

You might get away with that non-sense 90% of the time on a car forum where people don't know enough to challenge you, but unfortunately for you in this case, you just got exposed.
The 2 marines that were killed were told 3 separate times to not help the ambassador when they knew he was under attack. After being denied the third time, the Marines went in anyway knowing that no help would come for them as the Obama administration had ordered no interference as they watched in the war room of the white house. The marines went in knowing that they were risking their careers and also their lives.

They ultimately paid with their lives because the Obama administration would not send in help during the 7 hour firefight. The decision to blatantly ignore the ambassador's requests over the previous months for increased security was completely within the control of the administration. The decision to not send help was made by Obama and his administration. They watched as our men were slaughtered. They repeatedly phoned for help which fell on cold ears in the White House.

Do not blame this on anyone else but Obama and the administration he put in place. If this happened under Bush, he would already be impeached. This is a major scandal not only because of the refusal to help our fellow dying Americans but because the administration has repeatedly changed their story in an effort to cover up the events. Coverups have nothing to do with budget cuts. This a a tragedy and the blood is on Obama's hands just as the blood of our citizens who died from guns in the fast and furious scandal are on the hand of eric holder and obama.

Again, if either of these scandals happened under Bush it would be nonstop news calling for his resignation. MSNBC has covered the Bengazi story less than 8 times and has covered the fast and furious scandal less than 5.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
rgrovr
Private First Class
6
Rep
154
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Sure.

Do you even know what a continuing resolution is? You obviously don't because you look like a fool using that as a means to "prove" democrat negligence in cutting the state dept's budget. When you find out exactly what a CR is, I'll give you an opportunity come back and change your statement. You're just another know-it-all who thinks he understands how the Federal Government operates, when in-fact, you really have no clue.

You might get away with that non-sense 90% of the time on a car forum where people don't know enough to challenge you, but unfortunately for you in this case, you just got exposed.
I love the debate that is light on facts but on heavy on insinuation as if you think you won something.

Did you read the CR? Obviously not. The funding was to stay either at current levels or lower from the last appropriations. That more Democrats voted for it than Republicans is EXACTLY the point I made to refute Xbook's faulty premise that Republicans voted to defund the State Department's request for Security.

And since you like to deflect the argument, stick to what's germane. The State dept. official testified under oath that the budget had ZERO impact on security decisions for the Embassies/Consulates.

Facts suck for you don't they?
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
incantana
Captain
incantana's Avatar
13
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg 330i; 08 Yam R6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
I love the debate that is light on facts but on heavy on insinuation as if you think you won something.

Did you read the CR? Obviously not. The funding was to stay either at current levels or lower from the last appropriations. That more Democrats voted for it than Republicans is EXACTLY the point I made to refute Xbook's faulty premise that Republicans voted to defund the State Department's request for Security.

And since you like to deflect the argument, stick to what's germane. The State dept. official testified under oath that the budget had ZERO impact on security decisions for the Embassies/Consulates.

Facts suck for you don't they?

Liberals do not make decisions based on fact. They make decisions based off emotion and feel good positions. The only time they use "facts" is when they THINK it will support their emotionally chosen stance. Typically these facts are taken completely out of context or are just plain incorrect.

Liberals see failure as a success. If someone had good intentions but their execution fell short or their ideas fail, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters to liberals is the motive behind the action. Not the action itself. Results do not matter to them. Only effort.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
Liberals do not make decisions based on fact. They make decisions based off emotion and feel good positions. The only time they use "facts" is when they THINK it will support their emotionally chosen stance. Typically these facts are taken completely out of context or are just plain incorrect.

Liberals see failure as a success. If someone had good intentions but their execution fell short or their ideas fail, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters to liberals is the motive behind the action. Not the action itself. Results do not matter to them. Only effort.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
Liberals do not make decisions based on fact. They make decisions based off emotion and feel good positions. The only time they use "facts" is when they THINK it will support their emotionally chosen stance. Typically these facts are taken completely out of context or are just plain incorrect.

Liberals see failure as a success. If someone had good intentions but their execution fell short or their ideas fail, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters to liberals is the motive behind the action. Not the action itself. Results do not matter to them. Only effort.
Haha that was funny. I'll agree with you there, making such a general assumption about either party makes absolutely no sense.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
I love the debate that is light on facts but on heavy on insinuation as if you think you won something.

Did you read the CR? Obviously not. The funding was to stay either at current levels or lower from the last appropriations. That more Democrats voted for it than Republicans is EXACTLY the point I made to refute Xbook's faulty premise that Republicans voted to defund the State Department's request for Security.

And since you like to deflect the argument, stick to what's germane. The State dept. official testified under oath that the budget had ZERO impact on security decisions for the Embassies/Consulates.

Facts suck for you don't they?
<Shaking my head>
You still don't get it.
Of course a lot of democrats voted for the CR as did republicans. The notion that more democrats voted for it than republicans actually hurts your point. IF the democrats and/or republicans didn't vote for the CR than guess what happens next? That means NO MONEY would be appropriated aka completely defunded.
By voting for the CR they kept the status quo vs a much scarier thought of completely defunding the Dept of State. It's one or the other.

Do you get it now?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
rgrovr
Private First Class
6
Rep
154
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
<Shaking my head>
You still don't get it.
Of course a lot of democrats voted for the CR as did republicans. The notion that more democrats voted for it than republicans actually hurts your point. IF the democrats and/or republicans didn't vote for the CR than guess what happens next? That means NO MONEY would be appropriated aka completely defunded.
By voting for the CR they kept the status quo vs a much scarier thought of completely defunding the Dept of State. It's one or the other.

Do you get it now?
You are lost in your own sauce. The issue at hand wasn't the passing of the CR, which affects the entire U.S government, not just the State Dept. but Obama's request to increase funding for State as part of the budget proposal. That is what was being debated and DEMS, higher than REPUBS agreed to NOT include such an increase and affirm the CR at current funding levels.

But I get it -In your eyes the DEMS who voted no are supposed "principled" and the Repubs who voted no are just crazy right-wingers who wanted to defund the gov't. LOL

Schooling liberals in civics is becoming passe. You want more facts thrown your way??
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST