BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2005, 08:38 AM   #45
findtom
Colonel
findtom's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
2,656
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
Yeah, I can just see the mother as inflaming the situation because at the end of the day the cop has heard this 1000 times before, and s/he just wants someone to take responsiblity not deny something that is obviously wrong.

Cop it sweet and you may get off with a warning.

Here we have more speed cameras and cops are rare, because my car is a company car I have the option of paying an extra $300 on top of the fine and not having the points recorded against my license. The $300 is classified as a fine against my company for failing to disclose the driver, but after expiation of the fine, the matter is settled.

I did this one for a stupid fine where I was speeding up on a 6 lane road that had a dumb speed limit of 50km/h to see a classic Audi quattro, and then flash! 70 in a 50 zone...

The option is expensive, but worth it if you are going to loose your license.
That's awesome! I wish I had that option since each of the 5 and 4 point tickets I got not too long ago will probably cost me more than $300 in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 09:28 AM   #46
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
That's awesome! I wish I had that option since each of the 5 and 4 point tickets I got not too long ago will probably cost me more than $300 in the long run.
I have to tell you it is one of the reasons to get a company car beyond the tax breaks I get! This little loop hole comes in VERY handy
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #47
rag21
lets drink
1
Rep
90
Posts

 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ, USA

iTrader: (0)

dude,
you can complain all you want about racist cops who are prejudiced against asian teenagers driving BMWs with their mom's.

bottom line is YOU GOT BUSTED!!! haha

thought i should have some fun at your expense....thanks for the smile.

__________________
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #48
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lawman
You're probably right.....somewhere and sometimes there are those out there that have no right to wear a badge and enforce the laws. Those that profile based on a persons race disgust me and most other decent and caring people. Thankfully, they are an extremely tiny portion of those out there who serve the public. The only profiling I have ever done has been based on the shittiness of ones driving....the shittier it is, the more apt you are to get a ticket. No offense krndanic307, but from what you have described, you're just a shitty driver that is getting deserved tickets.

Oh....and a little FYI for all you radar detector fanatics..... if you have a radar detector on your dash when you're pulled over, that's an almost guaranteed ticket for whatever reason it is you were pulled over, whether it was speeding or not. Why? We ain't dumb, we knows how many times yous have gotten away with speeding before, and in all likelyhood, yous is one of those shitty drivers I was talking about above.




Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #49
krndanic307
Captain
krndanic307's Avatar
20
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to krndanic307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
Like I said, just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you should totally assume it's okay. Now that you know what you did wrong, you can just be more careful in the future when driving in places you where you are uncertain of the rules.
Like I said... I didn't know it was illegal . It was a shortcut so how am i suppose to know it's illegal if there's car going through?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:21 AM   #50
krndanic307
Captain
krndanic307's Avatar
20
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to krndanic307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
Well, you see, the cop realized that your mother raised a spoiled, speeding, 17 year old who is convinced that nothing is his fault. Why should he care about what she had to say in the matter?
DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST? I DIDNT GET A SPEEDING TICKET! I GOT A ILLEGAL TURN TICKET. OTHER THAN THAT... PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORT THEIR OWN SHIET ARE JEALOUS... IF I'M SPOILET THEN WHAT? YOU GUYS JUST HATE...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #51
krndanic307
Captain
krndanic307's Avatar
20
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to krndanic307
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt157
why were u speeding when you mom was in the car anyways?

enroutte- how u doing?
The speeding ticket... was on 8/14. I wasn't really speeding. Everyone in the freeway go at 80 mph. Which I got pulled over for going actually 75. And he said he clockd me going at 78.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:28 AM   #52
krndanic307
Captain
krndanic307's Avatar
20
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to krndanic307
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lawman
You're probably right.....somewhere and sometimes there are those out there that have no right to wear a badge and enforce the laws. Those that profile based on a persons race disgust me and most other decent and caring people. Thankfully, they are an extremely tiny portion of those out there who serve the public. The only profiling I have ever done has been based on the shittiness of ones driving....the shittier it is, the more apt you are to get a ticket. No offense krndanic307, but from what you have described, you're just a shitty driver that is getting deserved tickets.

Oh....and a little FYI for all you radar detector fanatics..... if you have a radar detector on your dash when you're pulled over, that's an almost guaranteed ticket for whatever reason it is you were pulled over, whether it was speeding or not. Why? We ain't dumb, we knows how many times yous have gotten away with speeding before, and in all likelyhood, yous is one of those shitty drivers I was talking about above.
The cop told me that there was a sign in the intersection. Ok there was... I always see it. But the signs werent clear enough. There was a sign with to arrows like this <---> which it was quite confusing cause they put it in the middle of the intersection when there's its a 5 way street. I might be a shitty driver but the city needs to clear their own shit. They closed the straight street due to "HOLDS traffic" well they gotta do something about it... because 1/2 of people go through there.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #53
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
Damn... What's wrong with cops now adays? I got my last ticket on Aug 14 for speeding. I was going 78 in a 65 (freeway) :mad: . What's wrong with BMW's and cops? are they haters? damn! I'm only 17 and got 2 ticket in less than 6 months. Does anybody know if they'll suspend my license? Over all I got 3 tickets within 1 1/2 years. My first ticket was running a redlight but I did traffic school for it. That was last year and this year I got the speeding ticket on 8/14 and today I got one for illegal right turn which I didnt know because lots of people done it!.

Oh the other thing was... This white girl did the same thing, she was driving a 00 camry and I think they let her go... WTF? Did I get the ticket cause im a young asian driving a bimmer? In the other hand.... I was driving a loaner too :mad:
I think perhaps you got the ticket because you're a spoiled kid driving too fast. Based on your comments here, I can only assume that your tone with the officer was somewhat less than "yes sir" and "no sir". Gee, I wonder why he didn't cut you a break. Sounds like you have some really poor driving habits and disregard for traffic laws - as well as a total lack of understanding why they exist in the first place. While you're running your red lights, be thankful that this wasn't the time that you T-bone some soccer mom and kill her young passengers. Hopefully you'll get enough tickets to lose your license soon. I'm sure the same daddy that bought you the car is paying your astronomical insurance, so you don't need to worry about that.

I am sure that cops target certain cars for speeding, not because they're jealous of the car or hate them, but because BMWs, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. tend to speed. I received the first speeding ticket in my life recently, and I'm sure the BMW had an influence. I could whine about that, or just realize that I was in fact speeding and take my medicine. The officer was nice and reduced the speed to a minor amount.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #54
BMW786
Lieutenant
10
Rep
537
Posts

 
Drives: SGraphite90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Bay, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORT THEIR OWN SHIET ARE JEALOUS... IF I'M SPOILET THEN WHAT? YOU GUYS JUST HATE...
Jealous of what...the fact that they EARNED their BMW?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #55
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
DID YOU READ THE FIRST POST? I DIDNT GET A SPEEDING TICKET! I GOT A ILLEGAL TURN TICKET. OTHER THAN THAT... PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORT THEIR OWN SHIET ARE JEALOUS... IF I'M SPOILET THEN WHAT? YOU GUYS JUST HATE...
Hey, that's some fine English you have there dimwit.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #56
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
The speeding ticket... was on 8/14. I wasn't really speeding. Everyone in the freeway go at 80 mph. Which I got pulled over for going actually 75. And he said he clockd me going at 78.
You are quite possibly the stupidest person on this board. Please turn in your membership and leave quietly now.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #57
kt157
Captain
kt157's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
926
Posts

 
Drives: jet black 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BayArea, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to kt157
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
You are quite possibly the stupidest person on this board. Please turn in your membership and leave quietly now.
hahaha i wanted to laugh right when i read that.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #58
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
puck724's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,745
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: california

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
ledzep never ceases to supply some humor to this board...
__________________
2006 330i --sapphire black--black leather --alumminum trim --premium package --cold weather package --park distace control --automatic transmission --navigation with iDrive
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #59
silverado
Lieutenant
11
Rep
587
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

krndanic307,

Try to overlook the reactions to the "spoiled" image you may portray. You are young and some of your expectations are incorrect.

My sincere advice is to learn from your mistakes and do better next time. This is what growing up is all about.

It is not your fault that you are priviliged, it is also not your fault if you were given too much compared to the average reader here. However, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to learn from your mistakes and improve yourself.

Better luck next time. If you heed these warnings and learn from these expensive lessons, you should do better as time goes by.

PS. To those readers who react by simply attacking what they see as a "spoiled brat", I submit that you have your own issues. It's not like you weren't all full of misconceptions when you were 17, albeit probably different ones. My advice is to try to be constructive. If I had to guess, the majority of you are not parents of teenagers or have not been in a position to guide teenagers. Your perspective will (hopefully) change when you are in that position.
__________________
E90 330i | Sapphire Black | Black Dakota | Burl Walnut | 6 speed Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold Weather | PDC | iDrive | Sirius

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 11:18 AM   #60
Nikki
Major General
Nikki's Avatar
United_States
213
Rep
6,373
Posts

 
Drives: del Sol VTEC & Sepang Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OC

iTrader: (9)

what's up with all of the SHOUTING TITLES?
__________________
Nikki

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #61
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
5
Rep
202
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

$5200/yr? Jebus...
__________________
2006 330i Sedan: Monaco Blue, Beige/Walnut, Premium Package.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #62
ward
Major General
70
Rep
6,162
Posts

 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
You are quite possibly the stupidest person on this board. Please turn in your membership and leave quietly now.
:rocks:

crackin my ass up Zep did you start already???
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #63
kt157
Captain
kt157's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
926
Posts

 
Drives: jet black 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BayArea, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to kt157
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado
krndanic307,

Try to overlook the reactions to the "spoiled" image you may portray. You are young and some of your expectations are incorrect.

My sincere advice is to learn from your mistakes and do better next time. This is what growing up is all about.

It is not your fault that you are priviliged, it is also not your fault if you were given too much compared to the average reader here. However, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to learn from your mistakes and improve yourself.

Better luck next time. If you heed these warnings and learn from these expensive lessons, you should do better as time goes by.

PS. To those readers who react by simply attacking what they see as a "spoiled brat", I submit that you have your own issues. It's not like you weren't all full of misconceptions when you were 17, albeit probably different ones. My advice is to try to be constructive. If I had to guess, the majority of you are not parents of teenagers or have not been in a position to guide teenagers. Your perspective will (hopefully) change when you are in that position.
nice and positive words.
hope u learn from your mistakes and still post on the board and come to meets after everything happened
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #64
yu
Captain
United_States
23
Rep
760
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

I can see why you guys were bashing me now. I hope I didn't seem as bad as he is.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 09:21 PM   #65
BMW Lawman
Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
BMW Lawman's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
You are quite possibly the stupidest person on this board. Please turn in your membership and leave quietly now.
God Damn! Just like a Mastercard commercial.....Priceless!


__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #66
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado

PS. To those readers who react by simply attacking what they see as a "spoiled brat", I submit that you have your own issues. It's not like you weren't all full of misconceptions when you were 17, albeit probably different ones. My advice is to try to be constructive. If I had to guess, the majority of you are not parents of teenagers or have not been in a position to guide teenagers. Your perspective will (hopefully) change when you are in that position.
Silvarado - I really don't think the reactions are about someone being privileged. Plenty of young members here have posted their age and received cordial welcomes. It is about irresponsibility, and beyond that the stubborn stupidity. Spoiled brats come in all economic shapes and sizes. Any parent who buys their 17 year old snot a brand new performance oriented car is equally stupid. As we can plainly see, what this young man has learned is that he should get what he wants and be left alone to obey only the rules that he considers valid. Nice. We really need more assholes, we were starting to run short.

Just because you can afford to lavish expensive toys on your kids doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. It often does more harm than good. There is a little more to being a parent than writing a check or handing your kid a gold card.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST