BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Lux Angel Eyes

11-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Hello from next door...

Hello my fellow comrades lol. I got a long journal coming up below, I shall forewarn you, and it is extremely boring. If you care, please just jump to POST NUMBER 2 for Mods!

Intro
I have had my M3 coupe for some time but have never formally introduced myself to this side of the forum. My name is John and I come from e90post. I purchased a new 335i coupe in 2008 and it was just time for me to move on when the warranty was expiring. There was too much to change and to upgrade to bring that vehicle up to date. Instead of dumping money into an old vehicle, why not get a new vehicle and then dump some more money into it later on lol. Itís never-ending.

THE OLD 2008 335i Coupe

The Move
The decision to switch to the M3 was not an easy one. For one, I had absolutely no intention of upgrading earlier this year and thus made a few lavish purchases for my 335 that would unfortunately not carry over for the new M3. Second, I wasnít sure how I feel about driving a new car that is similar in design to my 335. Granted the engine is completely different however the styling and interior-wise remaining very much the same. I was afraid I was almost buying the same car the second time around. Luckily this wasnít the case. Another issue did not make the switch easy for me and that was time. I wanted to trade in the vehicle before the warranty expired and I had a little less than a month before that happened. I scourged and scourged some more but it was almost impossible to find one I wanted. My 335i was Black Sapphire Metallic with Black Dakota leather inside. I wanted to switch it to something completely different this time. I was looking for Alpine White or Mineral White with Fox Red interior. This combo isnít exactly rare but there was one thing I absolutely needed and that was a sunroof (I am most likely going to get some heat here). Grew up in Florida and the sunroof is something I use every day especially since this will be my daily driver.

The Perfect M3
Found the perfect vehicle I was wanted at Lauderdale BMW in FL. Vaso Pavlovic was my CA and he was very upfront and honesty. We played no games and got the deal going right away. I found an AW/FR, pretty loaded with all the other packages I wanted including DCT, tech, premium and all the goodies. I did have to find a trucking carrier to delivery my new m3 from FL to NJ. I eventually opted for United Road. I highly recommend them. They delivered my vehicle from FL to NJ in 1 (ONE) DAY!! It left the dealership Friday afternoon, got to me Saturday night! How amazing is that? I thought the transport period was going to get me killed however my CA, Vaso kept me updated and even got the driverís cell phone number for me. Vaso also threw in some freebies for me and it made for a nice surprise. I am very happy I went this route this time around. Not having to waste my time or make multiple trips to the dealership made the entire process that much easier for me. Go to Vaso if you buying from Lauderdale BMW!
Here she is, completely stock.

Hereís the first mod, going 30% F1 Pinnacle Tint now. Had 15% on my 335i. 15% was just a tad bit too dark with the auto dimming mirrors.

I hit my first 1000 miles for break-in in 4-5 days. Went to the BimmerStock NYC+ Maryland meet lol.

M3 vs 335i
What can I say here? As you all know, the M3 is an absolute beast. I have already broken her in within a week and boy can she rev! Like everyone said, the torque isnít there from the 335i so might lose out a little on city driving when comparing to the 335i but everything else is a huge improvement. I love to see the power dome hump every time I drive. Love to see the shift lights. Love how the M3 wants to keep on pulling all the time. The biggest upgrade to me aside from the performance is how damn nice the leather is in the M3. Itís so supple and soft. It truly is a huge upgrade from Dakota leather however I assume the M3 Novillo leather will wrinkle easier :/ Time will tell but since I detail as a hobby it should be fun to see how it holds up. Iím at 3.5k miles now and there is a slight cease on the driver side. Nothing too major and it disappear drastically after I conditioned the seats. I managed to polish and prep the entire car and boy was it NOT fun at all on an Alpine White vehicle. My 335 was Black Sapphire and it was load of fun. You could see the metallic pop after polishing. I had to view at extreme angles to get rid of dealer induced swirls. Polishing to finish eventually took the M3 out of commission for almost a week. I could only work on the vehicle after I get home from my work.

IRON-X on a new car. It's pretty dirty LOL

Now that the car is all detailed and clean, it's time for the mods...

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1 + Servo, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Umnitza V4, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.

Last edited by Johndong888; 09-04-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Mods
I didn’t manage to get the competition package with my vehicle however I wasn’t too bummed since I knew it was only time before I have to drop the M3 and slap on some new rims.

Already have LUX v3, IND Gloss Black Exterior Package (OEM Performance Grill, Side Markers, & Hood Vents), AW Reflectors & Key Hole Cover, Piano Black Interior Trim, OEM Aluminum Pedal, CIC Backup Camera, Euro Visors, and a massive detailing session with the car. I also had a nasty rattle during cold temperatures in the rear parcel. Tore up the whole rear seat + rear shelf to fix that rattle. Now it's gone

So yep, that concludes my story. Thanks for sticking through my journal. I wanted to leave a mark for me to return to sometime in the future. I reread my introduction post when I got my 335i and I was cracking up, it was ridiculous haha. One more thing before the pictures, I found out I really wanted the M3 because it was my girlfriend’s dream car (a white m3 coupe) we test drove a pre-owned one locally and the price was too high for a 2009 so I went with the new route. Now I get to spite my girlfriend every time she’s in the car. Love it ahahah!

Backup Camera (This was on my old car but same concept except this time I had PDC)

LUX V3 vs OEM Stock

OEM Grills vs OEM BMW Performance Grills

OEM Orange Reflectors vs OEM IND Painted AW Reflectors & Key Cover. I ended up not installing the Key cover as I wanted an emergency access to the my car in case of anything

OEM Chrome vs IND Gloss Black Sides

OEM AW Hood Vents vs OEM IND Gloss Black Hood Vents
(Can’t seem to locate the pictures but I will get them)

CHEAP CHEAP OEM Vinyl US Visors vs Awesome Headliner-Matching Euro Visors

OEM BMW Performance Pedals

I know, it’s stupid but the new hangers and hooks are a huge improvement over the old versions

My Hotwheel M3 vehicle given to me by a friend and modded by me Added the black roof, tailights, grills, etc

Got the roof wrapped + OEM Black Shark Fin + OEM Black Roof Rails (Pictures after PO85RD, Jetseal + Dodo Supernatural )

What I have planned:
1. HREs + Michelin PSS. I have them already though, just waiting for after winter. It sucks yeah.
2. Latest Software Update next week
3. AA Green Filter
4. OEM BMW Performance Spoiler (Have to convince the GF to like it first)
5. Some sort of front lip (Thankfully the GF has no issue with the lip)
6. BMW Performance Exhaust? I had the Vanguard in my 335i and at times, it was a bit much. Going to tone it down this time around.
7. KW Sleeve Kit
8. Get back into doing some coding mods myself
9. Who knows.

Mods - BPMTune Stg1 + Servo, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Umnitza V4, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.

Last edited by Johndong888; 09-04-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Nice write up. Glad you like the switch and can't wait to see all of the post mod pics!!! Welcome to the light side!
      11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
Nice write up. Glad you like the switch and can't wait to see all of the post mod pics!!! Welcome to the light side!
Thank you. I am really digging the light color. The lines really do pop on the car.

I apologize for my writing though, I was never good at it in school lol.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Kwando
Captain
Rep

Drives: Bianchi Super Pista

Welcome! I see you went with the sunroof lol you should have flown to FL and driven her home.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
jpan08
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e36 M3, e92 M3, Ninja 300

Awesome. I want more pictures!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Welcome! I see you went with the sunroof lol you should have flown to FL and driven her home.
Lol heck ya! Grew up in the sun, gotta have the sunroof. It's an non-negotiable for me haha. I did get the roof redone in gloss black so it still has the aggressiveness of the dark roof look. It's my last picture in post 2! I think it's a pretty good compromise as I wasn't looking too concern about the extra 45lbs weight.

I wanted to drive her up however I have done that trip one too many times. Besides, work was piling up at the time lol.

-John

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #8
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Looks great! Quick question for you... did you manage to get the warning sticker off your euro spec visors?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol
Looks great! Quick question for you... did you manage to get the warning sticker off your euro spec visors?
Euro spec visors have no stickers and on top, they match the headliner. They even make the interior feel roomier as you don't have that loud sticker there.

I believe they change the visor material in 2010. Not real sure though

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
bainjohnop
Rep

Drives: bmw

I see you went with the sunroof lol you should have flown to FL and driven her home.
      11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Euro spec visors have no stickers and on top, they match the headliner. I believe they change the visor material in 2010. Not real sure though
Right, that's what I thought as well. Where did you get them? I ordered a pair of the euro spec visors from Tischer and they are the same material as the headliner but have warning stickers. In fact they are even bigger than the US stickers! Guess I am going to return them but not sure where to get them without the stickers. Don't want to spend the $ and then screw them up with goo-gone or some other product trying to remove the sticker... Guess I'll return them and keep looking for visors without the stickers.

Last edited by kscarrol; 11-15-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 10' M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Man I miss threads like these where people keep us updated through their mod process. Looking forward to upcoming additions
      11-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Flying05
Private
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jerez Black

Your black non M looked great!! Good job with the new one too.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
benjammin
Private
Rep

Drives: Jetta 1.8T, '12 E92 M3

Grew up in FL as well and know exactly what you mean about the sunroof - I wouldn't have ordered my E92 any other way.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with the mods. Looks great so far!
      11-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #15
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Good move to the M3 buddy. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Right, that's what I thought as well. Where did you get them? I ordered a pair of the euro spec visors from Tischer and they are the same material as the headliner but have warning stickers. In fact they are even bigger than the US stickers! Guess I am going to return them but not sure where to get them without the stickers. Don't want to spend the $ and then screw them up with goo-gone or some other product trying to remove the sticker... Guess I'll return them and keep looking for visors without the stickers.
Yeah, if you ordered the euro specs from tischer, you'll get the US version lol. They had the headliner material visor back in 2008-09ish. Tischer can't sell any euro parts. Anyways, I PM'd you on where to get them.

John

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bainjohnop View Post
I see you went with the sunroof lol you should have flown to FL and driven her home.
Lol verbatim

Did that drive one too many times lol. i-95 is lame at times.

Appreciate 0