BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

ESS Tuning

10-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
BigMacSmallFries
Private First Class

Drives: 11 BMW M3 coupe, plus M3 vert

Carbon fiber spoiler stolen from Yorkdale Mall

Hey guys,

Just wanted all of you to know I parked my car on the 3rd level of Yorkdale mall a few hours ago. When I returned, someone ripped off my carbon fiber performance spoiler, and attempted to steal my carbon fiber Arkym rear diffuser but couldn't because my exhaust tips block it from being removed (my muffler needs to be removed in order for my rear diffuser to be removed). No damage was done at all to my paint.

Anyways, I saw some shady guy waiting in a parked car in the middle of the parking lot, I felt something was off but didn't think anything of it. I have a gut feeling it was him. I think he was just waiting to see a new shopper park their car and steal parts before they return so it would give him adequate time to do so. Apparently car theft is common at Yorkdale mall from what I hear. Anyways, when parking make sure to park very far from any cars waiting inbetween the aisles with suspicious looking males --they're looking for customers who just arrived at the mall and won't be returning to their cars for a while.

Let me know if any of you see an AD pop up on Kijiji/eBay/Craig's List etc for a performance carbon fiber M3 spoiler these next couple of weeks.

ALSO, if anyone knows someone selling that carbon fiber spoiler in the GTA, send me a PM, I'm looking to buy. I'm also interested in the Ericsson Amuse trunk.

Thanks!!

Last edited by BigMacSmallFries; 10-31-2012 at 08:00 PM.
      10-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
kchu221
JDM whore

Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo

damn bro, sorry to hear that... something similar happened to one of the board members here in irvine, which is suppost to be the safest city in US....
      10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V

Wow that sucks. Glad to hear there is no damage. Does the mall have security cameras?
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
      10-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper

Sorry to hear man. You're right, that parking compound by Rainforest Cafe is a horrible place to park your car, and a lot of stuff gets stolen off cars (Honda forums have quite a few incidences)

Unfortunately, due to all the pillars (lower ground) and everything being tight on the levels going up, it'll be hard to see anything with security cameras, if they even catch anything at all. It's worth trying but it would be best to let it go and just check eBay, Craiglist, Kijiji. Like OP said, his car has no damage so it probably wouldn't be worth his time.
TheBingoBalls is offline   Canada
      10-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
BigMacSmallFries
Private First Class

Drives: 11 BMW M3 coupe, plus M3 vert

Thanks guys, I got over it a couple hours after it happened and was thankful he didn't use a screwdriver to remove the pieces. He could have cost me $3000 in damage had he done so.

Time to move on, don't know if I want to spend $500 for a new carbon fiber rear spoiler or an Ericcson Amuse trunk...