BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #133
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I understand there was only 25 whp difference between the two.

Anyway we will have some new dyno's up soon with some changes we made. You can hate on us at that time as well. Later
Did they dyno at the same place?

There you go again putting words in my mouth, My God, I don't hate on you at all, but you are extremely defensive Andrew, the fact is we just simply disagree, just because I think the Vortech is a better unit, does not mean I'm hating on you, and yes some of things you've posted here are nonsense, but that does not mean I'm hating on AA and their kit whatsoever.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #134
VCMpower
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

Posts: 941
iTrader: (0)

You talk pom poms, I talk sledge hammers. We will agree to disagree.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
I never stated that everyones wants and needs are the same when buying a supercharger for their M3, I stated that for the most part people bolt on a Supercharger to go faster, not to track their car. The problem is your attempted rebuts are without any substance and immature, not unlike your response here.
VCMpower is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #135
Superfly_M3
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No offense, I don't care what you do Andrew, I'm a M3 supercharger owner, you are not, who's had plenty of experience with these setups. It doesn't matter what type of kit you own, you start at that RPM and you may loose to your girlfriends car or SUV and frankly from an enthusiasts viewpoint your argument makes zero sense. It doesn't matter if it's highway runs or 1/4 mile runs, or on the track going down a long straight, the power band is where it is on the S65 at WOT going through the gears, anyone except your true followers would say you are out to lunch on that one.
Dude, you need to chill out and cool off your fingers. Not everyone shares you opinion, and I'm one of them. I don't see a point of supercharging the M3 JUST so you can go down fast in a straiht line .... above 6800rpm .... starting in the right gear. While I don't own a supercharger, I can only imagine what the power must feel like, the dynos show it. I can also imagine that this SCed car will be much more amazing on the street than stock. And I don't care what you say, I still don't think most people supercharge their M3 just so they can go fast in a straight line, especially on the dragstrip. I think less than 50% of supercharged owners spend extensive time of the dragstrip trying to shave off hundreds of seconds. If you want start a poll.

What I don't get is why are you so mad and why are you getting further into a pissing match of something that you're not even a part of. So one car lost to another, big deal. Do you know every single detail why that car lost? Maybe he forgot to take out the user manual from the glove box to save 4lbs. Maybe the tune wasn't running right, maybe he had a batch of bad gas. Who gives a shit. Why are you so deeply involved in this. What do you have to prove that one car loses to another. Let it go.

BTW In my opinion, not everything is about above 6800rpm. You (and everyone else) spends less than 0.01% above 6800rpm in your daily drive. Something to think about.
Superfly_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #136
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
You talk pom poms, I talk sledge hammers. We will agree to disagree.
Lmao, I was asking you to put the pom poms down because all you are doing is cheerleading for your friend who you sell kits for, which is totally fine, but you're' not adding anything of substance here. I'm not sure what the sledge hammer reference was for, please elaborate.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #137
MStar
Banned
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Here and there

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
You talk pom poms, I talk sledge hammers. We will agree to disagree.
Chuck Norris approved! "I don't step on toes I step on necks"

MStar is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #138
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (5)

Fact is we do not raise our rev limiter so mid range power is more important in our situation.

I have driven a couple Vortech e36's and e46's and I do not like how they respond compared to our hks/rotrex kits. Its my opinion based on experience with those engines.

Maybe you should drive an AA car and let us know what you think?
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #139
VCMpower
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

Posts: 941
iTrader: (0)

Nice one! Exactly the comment I made earlier( In less words ) but it appears some on here need it all spelled out or it has no substance. LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Dude, you need to chill out and cool off your fingers. Not everyone shares you opinion, and I'm one of them. I don't see a point of supercharging the M3 JUST so you can go down fast in a straiht line .... above 6800rpm .... starting in the right gear. While I don't own a supercharger, I can only imagine what the power must feel like, the dynos show it. I can also imagine that this SCed car will be much more amazing on the street than stock. And I don't care what you say, I still don't think most people supercharge their M3 just so they can go fast in a straight line, especially on the dragstrip. I think less than 50% of supercharged owners spend extensive time of the dragstrip trying to shave off hundreds of seconds. If you want start a poll.

What I don't get is why are you so mad and why are you getting further into a pissing match of something that you're not even a part of. So one car lost to another, big deal. Do you know every single detail why that car lost? Maybe he forgot to take out the user manual from the glove box to save 4lbs. Maybe the tune wasn't running right, maybe he had a batch of bad gas. Who gives a shit. Why are you so deeply involved in this. What do you have to prove that one car loses to another. Let it go.

BTW In my opinion, not everything is about above 6800rpm. You (and everyone else) spends less than 0.01% above 6800rpm in your daily drive. Something to think about.
VCMpower is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #140
VCMpower
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

Posts: 941
iTrader: (0)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA




Quote:
Originally Posted by MStar View Post
Chuck Norris approved! "I don't step on toes I step on necks"

VCMpower is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #141
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Dude, you need to chill out and cool off your fingers. Not everyone shares you opinion, and I'm one of them. I don't see a point of supercharging the M3 JUST so you can go down fast in a straiht line .... above 6800rpm .... starting in the right gear.
Calm down, as I stated before I agree with much of what you said, it doesn't matter what you personally feel though, most people buy the kit to go faster, and at WOT during a run and currently the Vortech unit is better suited. At least you took the time to share your thoughts, instead of relying on silly immature responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
While I don't own a supercharger, I can only imagine what the power must feel like, the dynos show it. I can also imagine that this SCed car will be much more amazing on the street than stock. And I don't care what you say, I still don't think most people supercharge their M3 just so they can go fast in a straight line, especially on the dragstrip. I think less than 50% of supercharged owners spend extensive time of the dragstrip trying to shave off hundreds of seconds. If you want start a poll.
Exactly you don't own a supercharger, but in theory it doesn't matter, the power band where it matters at WOT going through all the gears, is the same on a NA S65, lol, that was my main point. I agree I'd say far less than 50% actually go to the dragstrip. Think about what your saying though, why do people do engine mods in any platform? To take a corner better? To commute in traffic or go to the store in their highly modified M3? If so whats the point of adding the power when you can't use it in any of those situations, lol, let's be pragmatic here, they add the kit because want go faster for the most part, and normally they do it at WOT. I don't know what kit would do better on a track, I'd say it's most likely a wash, but you're wrong most modify their engine to go faster regardless of what platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
What I don't get is why are you so mad and why are you getting further into a pissing match of something that you're not even a part of. So one car lost to another, big deal. Do you know every single detail why that car lost? Maybe he forgot to take out the user manual from the glove box to save 4lbs. Maybe the tune wasn't running right, maybe he had a batch of bad gas. Who gives a shit. Why are you so deeply involved in this. What do you have to prove that one car loses to another. Let it go.
This is the internet, I'm really not that mad. I'm not sure why you feel it's just me getting in a pissing match, if you are truly impartial here you should direct your feelings toward the others a well. Why are you involved at all? lol, normally when people are discussing something they are involved, the bulk of this discussion has nothing to do with one car losing to the other, and I could care less about one car losing, just trying to put it into context. The bulk of what I'm saying has nothing to do with that, but more so about the differences between the chargers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
BTW In my opinion, not everything is about above 6800rpm. You (and everyone else) spends less than 0.01% above 6800rpm in your daily drive. Something to think about.
I totally agree most people aren't at WOT all the time, ALL of the kits are very drivable, in any situation, even my VT3 with a built motor drives like stock. But when we add power to the car, for the most part one thinks about WOT 100% of the time in terms of results and on the S65 ~6800 to redline, going through the gears is where it matters.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #142
Superfly_M3
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

test post, brb
Superfly_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #143
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Fact is we do not raise our rev limiter so mid range power is more important in our situation.
Do you lower it? You should raise it you'll get more usable power at WOT.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I have driven a couple Vortech e36's and e46's and I do not like how they respond compared to our hks/rotrex kits. Its my opinion based on experience with those engines.
The Supercharged S54 M3's that hold the WR for 1/4 mile and 60-130 times use Vortech units, not sure on the E36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Maybe you should drive an AA car and let us know what you think?
Is there one is Socal? The Vorsteiner car?
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #144
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Do you lower it? You should raise it you'll get more usable power at WOT.




The Supercharged S54 M3's that hold the WR for 1/4 mile and 60-130 times use Vortech units, not sure on the E36.



Is there one is Socal? The Vorsteiner car?

-Yes we lowered the rpm to 8100. Our power band is lower like I was trying to explain to you so 8100 is perfect for these blowers.

-They might have the records but I can bet you would enjoy driving around our cars more. We made 450whp on the last e36 we did and that thing is super scary.

-I believe that car was sold.
__________________

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 11-03-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #145
Superfly_M3
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Calm down, as I stated before I agree with much of what you said, it doesn't matter what you personally feel though, most people buy the kit to go faster, and at WOT during a run and currently the Vortech unit is better suited. At least you took the time to share your thoughts, instead of relying on silly immature responses.
I don't care what you think about what I personally feel. I have my opinion as well as you have yours. The only silly immature responses are coming from you because I find it silly that the only relavent reason why people buy a SC (from any company) is to have an advantage at WOT above 6800.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
... I agree I'd say far less than 50% actually go to the dragstrip....
Case and point. Not everyone buys a SC to go faster in a straight line. Or am I putting word into your mouth? I'm still puzzled how I put words into anyone's mouth, care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Think about what your saying though, why do people do engine mods in any platform? To take a corner better? To commute in traffic or go to the store in their highly modified M3? If so whats the point of adding the power when you can't use it in any of those situations, lol, let's be pragmatic here, they add the kit because want go faster for the most part, ,,,
What am I saying? You think people don't take advantage of the added power of the supercharger at mid rev range ... for example when going to get the groceries? You can use a SC (or any mod that has increased the hp and tq of your car) in many situations that excludes WOT at 6800+ RPM. Not everything on the street is WOT and you know this. I just don't get why you can't comprehend that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
... and normally they do it at WOT.
No they don't. Many times people go WOT, most of the time even if they go WOT they are midrange in the revs, and not above 6800. Many people press their pedal half way sometimes ... you should try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
I don't know what kit would do better on a track, I'd say it's most likely a wash, but you're wrong most modify their engine to go faster regardless of what platform.
Power is not the all and be all on a circuit. There are many other variables like suspension, brakes, tires, etc. For now, lets assume all things are equal. The kit that would "outaccelerate" other kits on a circuit is a kit that could manage heat better.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
... This is the internet, I'm really not that mad. I'm not sure why you feel it's just me getting in a pissing match, if you are truly impartial here you should direct your feelings toward the others a well. Why are you involved at all? lol, normally when people are discussing something they are involved, the bulk of this discussion has nothing to do with one car losing to the other, and I could care less about one car losing, just trying to put it into context. The bulk of what I'm saying has nothing to do with that, but more so about the differences between the chargers.
You could care less about one car losing to another? I'm not going to qoute, but you should read over pages 5-7. I can be as involved as I want to be ... this is the internet. What I don't get is why are you so one sided on the kits (remember you are only talking about AA vs ESS) and trash down everything that doesn't make power "ONLY above 6800rpm".



Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
... I totally agree most people aren't at WOT all the time, ALL of the kits are very drivable, in any situation, even my VT3 with a built motor drives like stock. But when we add power to the car, for the most part one thinks about WOT 100% of the time in terms of results and on the S65 ~6800 to redline, going through the gears is where it matters.
I still don't get it. Do you drive WOT all the time above 6800? I don't think that people who supercharge their cars for the most part are concerned about the power the car makes at WOT at 6800. Most people are WOT below 6800 97% of the time on the street, and by just playing the numbers most people rack up maybe 1% of their total mileage on the car going down the 1/4mile. You tell me whats more important and more enjoyable - staying above 6800 at WOT or enjoying your car that other 97% with added power.
Superfly_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #146
MStar
Banned
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Here and there

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

So to sum up the thread:

“My supercharger is better then yours” “No mine is better than yours”

“Mine goes .0001 seconds quicker at 8314.7672 RPM”

“HA!! ..mine is .0002 seconds quicker at 8316.2271 RPM.. I win"



Grow up children.
MStar is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #147
Superfly_M3
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStar View Post
So to sum up the thread:

“My supercharger is better then yours” “No mine is better than yours”

“Mine goes .0001 seconds quicker at 8314.7672 RPM”

“HA!! ..mine is .0002 seconds quicker at 8316.2271 RPM.. I win"



Grow up children.
Not at all. My point was that not everyone who buys a supercharger is buying a supercharger ONLY for the reason that it is super fast at WOT beyond 6800RPM. I just don't like ignorant people who don't see another point of view and portray their view onto others. I don't even own one.
Superfly_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #148
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
I don't care what you think about what I personally feel. I have my opinion as well as you have yours. The only silly immature responses are coming from you because I find it silly that the only relavent reason why people buy a SC (from any company) is to have an advantage at WOT above 6800.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, even though you don't own a supercharger and cleary you do not understand what I'm saying, but I will try one more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Case and point. Not everyone buys a SC to go faster in a straight line. Or am I putting word into your mouth? I'm still puzzled how I put words into anyone's mouth, care to elaborate?
Agreed, not "everyone", I said for the most part people install supercharger for their M3 or engine mods in general to go faster, and for most probably in a straight line, it's kind of hard to go WOT with a lot turns, and I do agree that most don't go to the 1/4 mile track to open it up, most do it on the street. There is no doubt that some may do it for other purposes, but I would say few and far between. As far as putting words in my mouth, you are claiming that I stated everyone who buys superchargers only do it to go fast in a straightline when I didn't, I said most do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
What am I saying? You think people don't take advantage of the added power of the supercharger at mid rev range ... for example when going to get the groceries? You can use a SC (or any mod that has increased the hp and tq of your car) in many situations that excludes WOT at 6800+ RPM. Not everything on the street is WOT and you know this. I just don't get why you can't comprehend that.
I think you are completely misunderstanding my point or simply ignoring it, I'm not talking about daily driving to the store, I'm only talking about WOT, but no I don't think people really take advantage of the added power when they go to the store for groceries, but I guess that would depend on where you live. Regardless of the situation or kit you run, on the S65, everytime you shift at WOT, the engine drops back down to ~6800 rpm then back to redline, and yes for the most part when people are looking at how a kit performs, whether dyno results, 1/4 mile results, on the street, at an airstrip event, or on a track, we are talking about WOT shifting through the gears. As far as enjoying a supercharger kit on the street, in what way are you referring too? SBS runs in Mexico? Or going from light to light? Or just getting on it for a one gear pull? If so I'm pretty sure one would go WOT if conditions allowed, but again how a kit performs at half throttle or commuting around town, or on a road coarse is certainly not what I was talking about when comparing the blowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
No they don't. Many times people go WOT, most of the time even if they go WOT they are midrange in the revs, and not above 6800. Many people press their pedal half way sometimes ... you should try that.
When you are racing someone or going all out with the car, you are at WOT. Yes one can start a WOT run below 6800 rpm, lol, but after that when you shift into the next gear, regardless of what kit you run, you can't help but be in that part of the RPM range with each shift, ~6800-redline. You should try being logical, why would someone compare the blowers at half throttle, or out the meaty part of the power band on the S65?

If you don't believe me, maybe this vid will help, look at the RPM gauge after each shift -




Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Power is not the all and be all on a circuit. There are many other variables like suspension, brakes, tires, etc. For now, lets assume all things are equal. The kit that would "outaccelerate" other kits on a circuit is a kit that could manage heat better.
Agreed, you can take a mini and crush just about anyone on a road corse, and a NA M3 could beat a Supercharged M3, that is more about the driver, suspension, etc, not so much power, AGAIN, I AGREE with you on that point. I stated on a track with turns, I'm not sure what the best setup is or what part of the powerband is more important, and you certainly are not a WOT here all the time, but I'm sure all the kits perform well in this regard but a skilled driver and good suspension are the best mods on a road coarse, or a large track with turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
You could care less about one car losing to another? I'm not going to qoute, but you should read over pages 5-7. I can be as involved as I want to be ... this is the internet. What I don't get is why are you so one sided on the kits (remember you are only talking about AA vs ESS) and trash down everything that doesn't make power "ONLY above 6800rpm".
I stated several times, here and the other thread that the outcome of that run was expected, so no I don't really care, but yes I did have a few opinions and was curious as to why the trap speeds didn't match that outcome. What you deem to be one sided I deem to be objective, of course you can be involved, but it's apparent that you don't know that much about supercharged M3's or why most people bolt them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
I still don't get it. Do you drive WOT all the time above 6800? I don't think that people who supercharge their cars for the most part are concerned about the power the car makes at WOT at 6800. Most people are WOT below 6800 97% of the time on the street, and by just playing the numbers most people rack up maybe 1% of their total mileage on the car going down the 1/4mile. You tell me whats more important and more enjoyable - staying above 6800 at WOT or enjoying your car that other 97% with added power.
Cleary you don't get it, your comment above in bold, that people don't care about what their car makes above 6800 on the S65 is one of the most ridiculous comments I've read in a long time, supercharged or not, people who want more power after reliability, most likely care about that more than anything else.

Of course you are not at WOT all time but I'm talking about how the blowers perform and yes at WOT ONLY, not going to get groceries, because cleary people don't add power to their car to do that. If you want to drive fast or go to the dyno or the track, or an airstrip event to see how fast your car is or how it performs, you are at WOT. The other 97% of the time you're really not enjoying the full potential of the supercharger, for the most part anyway as it isn't even in boost, it's like driving the car NA, so why would someone add a supercharger to mainly do that, it's totally irrelevant in terms or performance.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi

Last edited by DLSJ5; 11-03-2012 at 02:02 AM.
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #149
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Not at all. My point was that not everyone who buys a supercharger is buying a supercharger ONLY for the reason that it is super fast at WOT beyond 6800RPM. I just don't like ignorant people who don't see another point of view and portray their view onto others. I don't even own one.
All the kits are pretty fast and have done well, the 6800 RPM was a reference to the powerband on the S65, instead of mocking it why not look into it and understand the point that is being made and it's' not an opinion it's fact. You and I are in complete disagreement about why people strap superchargers on their car for the most part. I never stated that everyone buys a supercharger kit to go faster, etc., but most do, and there is no doubt that those who do it for that reason care about how much power the car makes in it's sweat spot in the PB.

What I don't like is people who put words in others mouths and spin things in ridiculous ways in an attempt to supplement their flimsy argument and at the same time have no experience with what is being discussed, then they come across as if they have some sort of moral high ground in the discussion.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #150
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
-Yes we lowered the rpm to 8100. Our power band is lower like I was trying to explain to you so 8100 is perfect for these blowers.

-They might have the records but I can bet you enjoy driving around our cars more. We made 450whp on the last e36 we did and that thing is super scary.

-I believe that car was sold.
You didn't need to explain it, I simply disagree with you on what blower is better suited for the S65, but fair enough, let's move on. I wish you continued success, and look forward to hearing more about your Stage 3 setup.

I'm pretty sure that the Vortech setups enjoyed driving their cars in all situations as well. I think you guys did much more for the E36 while others didn't, that is good power on that engine, nicely done.

If there's a car in socal let me know.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #151
Superfly_M3
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 948
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
LMAO, what is wrong with you? When you are racing someone or going all out with the car, you are at WOT. Yes one can start a WOT run below 6800 rpm, lol, but after that when you shift into the next gear, regardless of what kit you run, you can't help but be in that part of the RPM range with each shift, ~6800-redline. You should try being logical, why would someone compare the blowers at half throttle, or out the meaty part of the power band on the S65?
You don't get it at all. Ièll make this short because Ièm tired of arguing with you, and you dont seem to get the point. In any of my post did I say that at WOT one kit is better than the other, if fact I never referred to a comparisson between any kits. My point is about why people buy a SC kit for their cars. It is not ALL about 1/4mile, airstrip, or how much power is there from 6800+. There are added power throughout the powerband that people enjoy and use everyday. Like I said before its not all about 6800+ and going fast in a straight line. You dont seem to get that, it seems that for you the only reason people should get a SC is only about what happens after 6800.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Of course you are not at WOT all time but I'm talking about how the blowers perform and yes at WOT ONLY, not going to get groceries, because cleary people don't add power to their car to do that. If you want to drive fast or go to the dyno or the track, or an airstrip event to see how fast your car is or how it performs, you are at WOT. The other 97% of the time you're really not enjoying the full potential of the supercharger, for the most part anyway as it isn't even in boost, it's like driving the car NA, so why would someone add a supercharger to mainly do that, it's totally irrelevant in terms or performance.
Here is my point and youve proved it yourself, not enjoying the full potential of the SC. It seems like for you (and maybe a few others) the added power of the SC can only be enjoyed at WOT and 6800-redline. Which is fine, whatever turns your bubble. My point is exactly the opposite, and I stand by it. I think people enjoy very much the benefit of added power throughout the powerband and under various conditions, even at 1/2 throttle, even at WOT lower revs, or .... imagine that .... at 6800+. My point is that you dont have to visit redline everytime to enjoy a SC kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
but it's apparent that you don't know that much about supercharged M3's or why most people bolt them on.

Apparently you dont either. Most people who put them on enjoy the kit just as much in daily driving as they do at redline shifting. I guess since I dont own a kit I dont know much about them. But I know for a fact if I ever wanted to get a SC kit, I could care less if my car made 25whp less between 680 - redline than another kit because I dont live at a 1/4mile track, I value my driving priviledges. For me (and Im sure a few others on here) there are other criteria for wanting a SC - passing power, added hp, tq, the feeling of acceleration and maybe someday circuit tracking the car. Things that I would consider also would be reliability, reputation, proven track record and support.

Apparently for you its a whole set of different criteria, and it shows in your sig, you are constantly chasing higher hp and faster 60-130#s. And whatever rocks your boat doesnt bother me one bit. But I just want you to know, whatever happens between 6800-redline is not even close the sole reason why people buy and install SC kits on the M3.

Thats it.
Superfly_M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #152
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,306
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
You don't get it at all. Ièll make this short because Ièm tired of arguing with you, and you dont seem to get the point. In any of my post did I say that at WOT one kit is better than the other, if fact I never referred to a comparisson between any kits. My point is about why people buy a SC kit for their cars. It is not ALL about 1/4mile, airstrip, or how much power is there from 6800+. There are added power throughout the powerband that people enjoy and use everyday. Like I said before its not all about 6800+ and going fast in a straight line. You dont seem to get that, it seems that for you the only reason people should get a SC is only about what happens after 6800.




Here is my point and youve proved it yourself, not enjoying the full potential of the SC. It seems like for you (and maybe a few others) the added power of the SC can only be enjoyed at WOT and 6800-redline. Which is fine, whatever turns your bubble. My point is exactly the opposite, and I stand by it. I think people enjoy very much the benefit of added power throughout the powerband and under various conditions, even at 1/2 throttle, even at WOT lower revs, or .... imagine that .... at 6800+. My point is that you dont have to visit redline everytime to enjoy a SC kit.



Apparently you dont either. Most people who put them on enjoy the kit just as much in daily driving as they do at redline shifting. I guess since I dont own a kit I dont know much about them. But I know for a fact if I ever wanted to get a SC kit, I could care less if my car made 25whp less between 680 - redline than another kit because I dont live at a 1/4mile track, I value my driving priviledges. For me (and Im sure a few others on here) there are other criteria for wanting a SC - passing power, added hp, tq, the feeling of acceleration and maybe someday circuit tracking the car. Things that I would consider also would be reliability, reputation, proven track record and support.

Apparently for you its a whole set of different criteria, and it shows in your sig, you are constantly chasing higher hp and faster 60-130#s. And whatever rocks your boat doesnt bother me one bit. But I just want you to know, whatever happens between 6800-redline is not even close the sole reason why people buy and install SC kits on the M3.

Thats it.
This is pointless and I'll try and keep this short, IMHO you are so out of touch on the main ,not sole, reason people add power to their cars. There is no arguing that for most, the main reason is because they want to go faster, of course other things come into play like reliability, etc. But mainly they just want a faster car, whether it's for passing people on the street or anywhere else. It certainly does not mean they're all shooting for the WR at the track or 60-130's, I would say most don't, but many do, but it does mean they want to go faster, everything else is a plus, but not the main reason, you cleary do not get this.

As far as enjoying the car in all aspects, of course one should take that into account, I never said otherwise, there is no point if you can't still enjoy the car in all aspects, but there you go again inferring something that is completely a hunch on your part, or as if I literally said nothing else matters, lol. You cleary have little to no ability to comprehend and understand things about these blowers and why people for the most part bolt them on their cars. You take everything in a literal sense and generalize rather than making a conscious effort to understand the specific point that is being made and like most that resort to superficial responses, you bring up what's in the signature, lol. Yes I'm done discussing this with you.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #153
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Superfly ...

What your saying is understandable but really highly unlikely that some one would go in their pockets and pull out their hard earned money to support their passion and go out and purchase the most over priced supercharger kit available that delivers the least amount of power .... Step out the box and understand what I just said !

That torque you speak of is nonsense and is not worth the money's !!! Bro ... Stay away from supercharging cars especially this platform and go buy yourself a torque monster to go pick up peanuts at your local A&P and you'll save a heap of money......

I can't believe I'm reading such nonsense .......
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #154
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

[IMG][/IMG]
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST