BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Sparta Evolution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #111
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
I don't agree with this. Not everything is about straight line acceleration. Similarly, not everyone who buys a SC kit cares only about straight line acceleration, but for some reason, this seems to be the only comparisson. Also, many people with SC kits track their cars on a circuit. I think when people purchase a SC kit, there are many variables to it, including reliability, power, how it behaves as a daily driver, heat soaking, what kind of support/warranty it comes with, and many many other variables.
I don't disagree with much of what you just said, but you cleary did not comprehend what I said and you appear to suffer from what Andrew does, in regards to putting words in people's mouths. As far as variables, there's a few, but people can gloss or spin this any way they want, the fact remains MOST guys want a kit that will make their car go faster, not give them more mid range TQ in the part of the power band that doesn't mean much on the in a WOT run on the street or track, but yes I guess there are a few who prefer TQ in the mid range to drive around town, why I don't know.

The FACT is whether you or anyone else likes it or not, is that MOST, not "everyone", bolt a SC'r kit on their car go faster, in a straight-line, not to track their car. Now of course people buy superchargers and track their car, but for the most part they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
To be fair, if you want straight line acceleration, there are cheaper, better options compared to an M3. The M3 shines in handling just as much as it shines in power and finesse.
I disagree most people buy an M3 because they like it and want an M3, some eventually or immediately want to go faster, and with supercharger kits they have the option to do that, they don't want something cheaper to go faster, they want the M3. You don't need a ton of power to track your car and no doubt some people buy it for that reason, but the majority that do don't supercharge their car. Also have you seen what a supercharged M3 can do? It's cleary a competitive straight line car, even stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
What I am trying to say is that this is turning into a cheap pissing match - which it shouldn't. Getting back on topic, the OP asked about superchargers in general ... and he also already made his decision. The job of this forum is to be informative. Vendors and members should give their own input and leave it at that. If someone starts trashing one brand over the other this will turn ugly.

Just my opinion.
Thank you for reading.
I'm not trashing any brand, just stating the current facts, not opinion, about the blowers and giving my input as well which I feel is valuable because I actually own a supercharged M3 and have plenty of experience with it.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH

Last edited by DLSJ5; 11-02-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #112
MStar
Banned
No_Country
2
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Here and there

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
What I am trying to say is that this is turning into a cheap pissing match. If someone starts trashing one brand over the other this will turn ugly.
It always does -smh-
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #113
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
It must not be his daily driver if he thinks 6800+ rpm is the only place it counts. I personally sit in traffic 5 days a week with a few runs to the next traffic light.
Andrew, you drive a 135I, you don't drive an M3, stop equating the two, if going to the store or your daily commute is more important to you in terms of where the power counts with a modified car, then I guess your kit is the one, but if you want the power where it ONLY counts 6800+ to redline during a WOT run, then the Vortech kits are better suited for that. Why you can't comprehend this is beyond me.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #114
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

One does not have to own a M3 to understand how a power band works.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #115
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Give it a rest Drew. Ask Akash if he was pushing it that day or not I was not there.
Ah I see, apparently he was only half throttle in the vids where his car is screaming down the 1/4 mile strip that he paid a couple hundred dollars to attend, you need to give the defensiveness and alternate reality a rest Andrew.

You tell me if he was going all out that day -

__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #116
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

God I love supercharger threads
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #117
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
22
Rep
1,144
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Give it a rest Drew. Ask Akash if he was pushing it that day or not I was not there.
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha that's so funny
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #118
GIdriver
Major
GIdriver's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
God I love supercharger threads
+1
__________________
2014 E63 AMG-S
2012 C63 AMG (P31) - gone
2011 E90 M3 FBO - gone
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #119
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
One does not have to own a M3 to understand how a power band works.
Apparently some do, you make the same ridiculous argument about mid range TQ when driving around town, commuting or going from light to light, that plenty of N54/55 owners make, it's nonsense, you're not WOT in those instances and you're not racing, lol. Again where the power counts on THE S65, while going WOT in a race, not to the store or commuting, is ~6500/6800 - redline.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #120
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

.... again! YOU do not understand why, that is for sure.



DLSJ5" the fact remains MOST guys want a kit that will make their car go faster, not give them more mid range TQ in the part of the power band that doesn't mean much on the in a WOT run on the street or track, but yes I guess there are a few who prefer TQ in the mid range to drive around town, why I don't know."

Last edited by VCMpower; 11-02-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Because I can
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #121
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Apparently some do, you make the same ridiculous argument about mid range TQ when driving around town, commuting or going from light to light, that plenty of N54/55 owners make, it's nonsense, you're not WOT in those instances and you're not racing, lol. Again where the power counts on THE S65, while going WOT in a race, not to the store or commuting, is ~6500/6800 - redline.
I disagree with you. I actually go WOT from 2500 rpm all the time going to work. I would never trade my low end torque for high end WHYY??? Because I never get to do highway runs. If this does not make sense to you then i'm sorry.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #122
Chriskm3
Colonel
Chriskm3's Avatar
Canada
28
Rep
2,218
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

That's a great race. Aa vs ess Wow what a difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #123
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I expected it to win as well. Still a loss no? The 535 kit also beat the 600 kit for almost 75% of the run as well.

Like I said it shows Lost marines skill at the 1/4 track
Of course it's still a loss, who is arguing that? I never did, but at least in that run LM started in the right gear against the 600.

FWIW AK still has a faster ET and trap than LM, just not on the same day which matters a great deal, and if LM was in highly negative DA like AK was when he ran his best times/traps, based on what all the other kits did in negative DA at that track, he'd trap higher and be close to 11 flat and with a great launch maybe 10's with a 535 kit and slightly smaller pulley, point is the two kits we are talking about are rated close to the lowest vs the highest.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #124
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
That's a great race. Aa vs ess Wow what a difference.

Now you've done it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #125
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Of course it's still a loss, who is arguing that? I never did, but at least in that run LM started in the right gear against the 600.

FWIW AK still has a faster ET and trap than LM, just not on the same day which matters a great deal, and if LM was in highly negative DA like AK was when he ran his best times/traps, based on what all the other kits did in negative DA at that track, he'd trap higher and be close to 11 flat and with a great launch maybe 10's with a 535 kit and slightly smaller pulley, point is the two kits we are talking about are rated close to the lowest vs the highest.
1.They both started in the same gear- the point you are trying to make is not valid.

2.Comparing cars with and without drag tires is just silly.

3. Stop beating a dead horse. I've heard your opinion about 5 times already.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #126
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I disagree with you. I actually go WOT from 2500 rpm all the time going to work. I would never trade my low end torque for high end WHYY??? Because I never get to do highway runs. If this does not make sense to you then i'm sorry.
No offense, I don't care what you do Andrew, I'm a M3 supercharger owner, you are not, who's had plenty of experience with these setups. It doesn't matter what type of kit you own, you start at that RPM and you may loose to your girlfriends car or SUV and frankly from an enthusiasts viewpoint your argument makes zero sense. It doesn't matter if it's highway runs or 1/4 mile runs, or on the track going down a long straight, the power band is where it is on the S65 at WOT going through the gears, anyone except your true followers would say you are out to lunch on that one.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #127
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
.... again! YOU do not understand why, that is for sure.



the fact remains MOST guys want a kit that will make their car go faster, not give them more mid range TQ in the part of the power band that doesn't mean much on the in a WOT run on the street or track, but yes I guess there are a few who prefer TQ in the mid range to drive around town, why I don't know.
No idea what you're talking about, put the pom poms down and post something with actual substance.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #128
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No idea what you're talking about, put the pom poms down and post something with actual substance.
I dont think you are allowed to make a joke about cheerleaders
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #129
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
9
Rep
941
Posts

Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Hey, easy. I am just rebutting to your apparent understanding of everyone's wants and needs. You use the word "FACT" often enough that the word now has no substance. By the way, I am actually holding a 5lb sledge right now, do you have steel toes on?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No idea what you're talking about, put the pom poms down and post something with actual substance.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #130
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
1.They both started in the same gear- the point you are trying to make is not valid.

2.Comparing cars with and without drag tires is just silly.

3. Stop beating a dead horse. I've heard your opinion about 5 times already.
1. Don't care, in a run you always start in the optimal gear, and if I recall AK didn't remember initially what gear he started in, but I digress, he must have started in 3rd because LM did. Either way the outcome was expected, you cleary didn't get the point about comparing the two kits on each end of the spectrum.

2. When comparing trap speeds it's not silly, and two ESS cars did not run drag tires, and on DR's their traps did not change much.

3. Your opinions for the most part about roll runs, where it counts in terms of the PB and tires are NONSENSE.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #131
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
99
Rep
3,662
Posts


Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
1. Don't care, in a run you always start in the optimal gear, and if I recall AK didn't remember initially what gear he started in, but I digress, he must have started in 3rd because LM did. Either way the outcome was expected, you cleary didn't get the point about comparing the two kits on each end of the spectrum.

2. When comparing trap speeds it's not silly, and two ESS cars did not run drag tires, and on DR's their traps did not change much.

3. Your opinions for the most part about roll runs, where it counts in terms of the PB and tires are NONSENSE.
I understand there was only 25 whp difference between the two.

Anyway we will have some new dyno's up soon with some changes we made. You can hate on us at that time as well. Later
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #132
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
Hey, easy. I am just rebutting to your apparent understanding of everyone's wants and needs. You use the word "FACT" often enough that the word now has no substance. By the way, I am actually holding a 5lb sledge right now, do you have steel toes on?
I never stated that everyones wants and needs are the same when buying a supercharger for their M3, I stated that for the most part people bolt on a Supercharger to go faster, not to track their car. The problem is your attempted rebuts are without any substance and immature, not unlike your response here.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.35s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST