BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

10-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #23
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
In summary it's hard for any president to bring unity when the representatives of half of those you seek to to unite meet behind closed doors on the day of your election and make a tactical decision to oppose everything you do and to distort your record and everything you stand for.
OK, so assuming that is the case, then these same representatives, will all do an about-face, and bend over backwards to work with Obama if he's re-elected? If they lose the chance to keep him a 1-termer, then they'll simply abandon their position completely and work hard so that his final term will go down in the history books as one of the most productive in history, so that come 2016, people will all be really pleased with the Democratic party?

If you are right about the root cause of the congressional gridlock (evil tea partiers), then that hardly sounds like the ideal outcome in the minds of people who are willing to shamefully harm the country just to smear Obama's name. If the closeness of the polls is any indication at all, it doesnt seem likely that all the GOP congressmen will be voted out in a clean sweep because the public is fed up with their "obstructionism". Unless such a sweep occurs, that will hardly send a message to the congress to check their ideology at the door and play nice.

If you are wrong about the root cause of congressional gridlock, and maybe Obama himself should shoulder some of the blame, then we still have a problem going forward if he's re-elected.

If you are right and he's re-elected, doesnt sound like things will improve a lot.
If you are wrong and he's re-elected, doesnt sound like things will improve a lot.

Maybe that's why Romney is enjoying support that is very close to Obama's right now. People look at their personal financial position today, and have become disillusioned with the irrational exuberance and unfulfilled promises of hope and change , or the monumentally naive/arrogant "I'm gonna change how Washington works" declaration. Now, they are thinking about what is most likely to happen based on what they've seen so far, rather than what they would love to see happen in a fairy tale.
      10-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Might want to check the capitalization of I while you're at it. Good luck when filling out job applications. Most that have spelling mistakes get thrown into the round file.
SHIT! this isnt the application server for Goldman!?!?!

Why is it that every single Lib on here goes to spelling when they have nothing? really. it happens regularly. Nobody calls out libs because its not important, yet you seem to be unable to resist.
      10-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #25
loveskiing
Private

Drives: N/A

I've read all the posts and think some have taken what I call the high road to present their opinions as just that...not as hard cold facts. True communication only happens when one is willing to truly listen and not wait for the other to stop talking so you can refute what they just said and tell them why everything they just said is false. Attacks only beget more attacks in return.
If you truly want to be heard, then truly listen and find something to agree with. I wish we could lose the partisan rhetoric and reclaim our fine country. I think we have allowed some very wealthy individuals to corrupt the political process and return us back to a time and place where those with money could buy the politicians and put into place policies that would benefit them and drape it in doing what's best for the country. We can choose to stay stuck in the whirlpool of divisiveness, or rise up and find commonalities to move forward. I would invite all of you to look at what you are writing from a perspective of unity than from partisan talking points that will only ensure we all fail.
Simply my humble opinion...
loveskiing is offline   United_States
      10-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #26
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
SHIT! this isnt the application server for Goldman!?!?!

Why is it that every single Lib on here goes to spelling when they have nothing? really. it happens regularly. Nobody calls out libs because its not important, yet you seem to be unable to resist.
It's the truth. It's sad really...