BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
bmwonbrembos
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i montego ZSP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida

iTrader: (4)

Carfax?

im interested in trading my 328i for this g37, i know it was crashed but i just want to see if theres anything fishy

vin: JNKCV64E18M119444
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Ptuh Ptuh
Private
United_States
4
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: E90 LCI 335IX M Sport Pkg
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York, New York

iTrader: (0)

Omg bro your in luck, i have one report left and it expires tomorrow!!

Dont get it!!


Structural damage reported

Accident / Damage reported

3Previous owners

Personal vehicle

54,000 Last reported odometer reading

$3,110 Below retail book value

Year purchased 2008 2010 2012
Type of owner Personal Personal Personal
Estimated length of ownership 2 years 1 yr. 3 mo. 7 months
Owned in the following states/provinces New York, Florida Florida Florida
Estimated miles driven per year 16,663/yr --- ---
Last reported odometer reading 34,786 --- 54,000


11/27/2008 New York
Damage Report Accident reported
It hit another motor vehicle

05/19/2010 34,695 Seller Disclosure
Florida Structural damage disclosed by seller
based on results of a visual inspection
Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
Sold at auction
__________________


'09 E90 LCI 335i xDrive M Sport Pkg
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
bmwonbrembos
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i montego ZSP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptuh Ptuh View Post
Omg bro your in luck, i have one report left and it expires tomorrow!!

Dont get it!!


Structural damage reported

Accident / Damage reported

3Previous owners

Personal vehicle

54,000 Last reported odometer reading

$3,110 Below retail book value

Year purchased 2008 2010 2012
Type of owner Personal Personal Personal
Estimated length of ownership 2 years 1 yr. 3 mo. 7 months
Owned in the following states/provinces New York, Florida Florida Florida
Estimated miles driven per year 16,663/yr --- ---
Last reported odometer reading 34,786 --- 54,000


11/27/2008 New York
Damage Report Accident reported
It hit another motor vehicle

05/19/2010 34,695 Seller Disclosure
Florida Structural damage disclosed by seller
based on results of a visual inspection
Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
Sold at auction
he told me he was the second owner, but i knew about the crash he said it was only the headlight front quarter panel and the front bumper, do you guys think it was worse?

Last edited by bmwonbrembos; 10-16-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
bmwonbrembos
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i montego ZSP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida

iTrader: (4)

can someone tell me if this is s good or bad deal? his car is fully loaded top to bottom, but it was crashed, also i was talking to some guys in the are and they told the crashed cars that come from new york usually have rusted frames
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
b0bab0i
Major
16
Rep
1,035
Posts

Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Stay away. Car has frame damage. Pretty sure its salvaged.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
fatgrandma
Captain
fatgrandma's Avatar
Austria
38
Rep
609
Posts

Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Linz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwonbrembos View Post
can someone tell me if this is s good or bad deal? his car is fully loaded top to bottom, but it was crashed, also i was talking to some guys in the are and they told the crashed cars that come from new york usually have rusted frames
If he can't show you photos of the damaged car I wouldn't do it. He lied to you about that he is the second owner, why wouldn't he lie about the accident then?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
bmwonbrembos
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i montego ZSP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgrandma View Post
If he can't show you photos of the damaged car I wouldn't do it. He lied to you about that he is the second owner, why wouldn't he lie about the accident then?
Cause he didn't crash it, I'm gonna check under the frame
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
amanda hor$t
Banned
46
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

carfax < personal inspection

i know plenty of crashed/salvaged cars with clean titles. see it for yourself... there's a device to measure paint thickness (that shows if the panel's been repainted)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
bmwonbrembos
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i montego ZSP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: florida

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
carfax < personal inspection

i know plenty of crashed/salvaged cars with clean titles. see it for yourself... there's a device to measure paint thickness (that shows if the panel's been repainted)
Allright and I saw the paint job it looked good, but lets say I inspect the frame and all and it's ok should I do it?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
upstatedoc
Has a sh!t load of pew pews
upstatedoc's Avatar
453
Rep
1,804
Posts

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crisp, Baconia

iTrader: (2)



You're really jones'n for this G37. Is he selling it cheap? What's the allure? To me that carfax is a huge red flag.
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I was thinking of foaming that hole as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
Bobble
Major
Bobble's Avatar
No_Country
55
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Honestly I would never buy a car flagged as structural damage but it's your money.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
adriang
Captain
adriang's Avatar
Canada
14
Rep
658
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Boonies

iTrader: (0)

i wouldn't do it either....
__________________
2011 BMW 335d
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
MadDog's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
506
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
too many red flags, bro
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #14
amanda hor$t
Banned
46
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

every car i ever bought, i knew i wanted it right when i saw it
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
48
Rep
610
Posts

Drives: silver car
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

There are so many used cars out there. You have to get THIS one which you know has been damaged?

I wouldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
Mr Tonka
Gone riding...
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
4801
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: women away.
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

I would not.
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
upstatedoc
Has a sh!t load of pew pews
upstatedoc's Avatar
453
Rep
1,804
Posts

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crisp, Baconia

iTrader: (2)

op's drivin' a G37 right now...
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I was thinking of foaming that hole as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
Bobble
Major
Bobble's Avatar
No_Country
55
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
op's drivin' a G37 right now...
Yep a fully loaded previously crashed one.

Waiting for the next post "Why do I only get 18K miles on tires" Because you bought a car that has beem crashed and wont track straight!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST