BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

09-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
White 13
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92

iDrive jumps back to Nav screen

I am having a very intermittent problem with the iDrive returning to the Nav screen after about 6 seconds on another screen. For example, I bring up the radio screen and before I can try another radio station the screen goes back to the nav screen. Again this has only happened a couple of times and I can't seem to find what causes it to get over the problem and fix itself. Nav screen is probably the screen it most is left on so that might not be a clue. Once it did it for a couple of days but as of now I haven't gotten it to the dealer while it is having the problem. Last time at the dealer I mentioned it and they looked for codes but found none.

2013 model with build date of March 2013.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
jdamore
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 e92 M3

I would try disconnecting the idrive knob to verify it's not that (remove the top of the center console and just unplug it). I can't remember but can the buttons on the steering wheel be programed to switch to Nav? If so, switch it to something else to verify it's not a sticky button or something. Other than that, I believe the only thing left is the Nav unit itself..
      09-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #3
White 13
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92

Just in front of the knob there is the six or so buttons that also change fields. Do you know if the buttons are plugged with a different plug from the knob? When it is acting up it doesn't matter if I use the buttons or the knob.

Really need this to do it on command.
Appreciate 0