BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
CardSurge
Private
CardSurge's Avatar
0
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 JZB/FR E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Gross. A new one for the "Defaced" file

Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...on the roof, in the most far away spot. There is usually only one other car with my neurotic tendencies that parks near me, and on weekends it is usually even more sparse. Unfortunately, for this reason, the garage is also open to the public (visitors, patients, etc) on weekends and off-hours.
So...I walk out to my car this morning to find that someone has taken their bloody and pus-soaked wound bandage (looked like abscess packing) and stuck it on my bumper with silk tape. For those not in the business, silk is extremely sticky and gets even more difficult to remove once it heats.
Fortunately it was cool last night and I caught I before it really adhered. I think I should be good after some goo gone, but nonetheless it was pretty disgusting (and I've had to stick my hands in and smell some gross shit throughout the years).

Pretty unbelievable that someone went to such lengths to do this (they literally had to walk to the farthest possible spot). No doubt it was done by someone who has no idea the amount of work and sacrifice it took to own this car and keep it in this condition. Glad I get to stay up all night to help these folks. Maybe later in life this person will need a chest tube or something and there will be a convenient shortage of lidocaine.

Anyway, now off to wash my car with chlorhexidine (kidding)...
__________________
2012 JZB/FR E92 ///M3, Diamond Black TE37SL, iND cosmetic package, 35% tint, LUX H8, KW, Arkym lip, Remus Race ///GONE

2014 Super Silver GT-R Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
MKE_M3's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,690
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (0)

sad story, but mostly repulsive.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
tbone28's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
2,099
Posts

 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (13)

my vote is for Dakin's solution
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
MStar
Banned
No_Country
2
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Here and there

iTrader: (0)

Dont leave your M3 in parking garages
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
GIdriver
Major
GIdriver's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSurge View Post
Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...on the roof, in the most far away spot. There is usually only one other car with my neurotic tendencies that parks near me, and on weekends it is usually even more sparse. Unfortunately, for this reason, the garage is also open to the public (visitors, patients, etc) on weekends and off-hours.
So...I walk out to my car this morning to find that someone has taken their bloody and pus-soaked wound bandage (looked like abscess packing) and stuck it on my bumper with silk tape. For those not in the business, silk is extremely sticky and gets even more difficult to remove once it heats.
Fortunately it was cool last night and I caught I before it really adhered. I think I should be good after some goo gone, but nonetheless it was pretty disgusting (and I've had to stick my hands in and smell some gross shit throughout the years).

Pretty unbelievable that someone went to such lengths to do this (they literally had to walk to the farthest possible spot). No doubt it was done by someone who has no idea the amount of work and sacrifice it took to own this car and keep it in this condition. Glad I get to stay up all night to help these folks. Maybe later in life this person will need a chest tube or something and there will be a convenient shortage of lidocaine.


Anyway, now off to wash my car with chlorhexidine (kidding)...
What a fawking a$$hole the person who did this!! And ungrateful too. I fell your pain...

Please keep the clearcoat away from betadine... At least the CloraPrep is clear.
__________________
2014 E63 AMG-S
2012 C63 AMG (P31) - gone
2011 E90 M3 FBO - gone
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
GIdriver
Major
GIdriver's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSurge View Post
Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...on the roof, in the most far away spot. There is usually only one other car with my neurotic tendencies that parks near me, and on weekends it is usually even more sparse. Unfortunately, for this reason, the garage is also open to the public (visitors, patients, etc) on weekends and off-hours.
So...I walk out to my car this morning to find that someone has taken their bloody and pus-soaked wound bandage (looked like abscess packing) and stuck it on my bumper with silk tape. For those not in the business, silk is extremely sticky and gets even more difficult to remove once it heats.
Fortunately it was cool last night and I caught I before it really adhered. I think I should be good after some goo gone, but nonetheless it was pretty disgusting (and I've had to stick my hands in and smell some gross shit throughout the years).

Pretty unbelievable that someone went to such lengths to do this (they literally had to walk to the farthest possible spot). No doubt it was done by someone who has no idea the amount of work and sacrifice it took to own this car and keep it in this condition. Glad I get to stay up all night to help these folks. Maybe later in life this person will need a chest tube or something and there will be a convenient shortage of lidocaine.


Anyway, now off to wash my car with chlorhexidine (kidding)...
What a fawking a$$hole the person who did this!! And ungrateful too. I fell your pain...

Please keep the clearcoat away from betadine... At least the ChloraPrep is clear.
__________________
2014 E63 AMG-S
2012 C63 AMG (P31) - gone
2011 E90 M3 FBO - gone

Last edited by GIdriver; 10-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Poppin Fresh's Avatar
Philippines
33
Rep
2,128
Posts

 
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bergen County NJ

iTrader: (0)

MRSA will hopefully infect their wounds
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
bobbym3beats
newb
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

WTH?!!! At least it wasn't a door ding
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Stronghammer's Avatar
13
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: south carolina

iTrader: (3)

You should cover your car with broad spectrum antibiotics. This problem will be solved when you get to start parking in the doctors parking lot and are surronded by nice cars. Heck you wont even need to park in the furthest space
__________________
2011 E92 M3 MR July 11 ED Sept 11 PCD
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
M Pulse
Private First Class
Canada
7
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

Did you piss off someone at work?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant Colonel
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
1,637
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSurge View Post
Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...
As healthcare costs continue to rise and coverages wanes I think there's going to be more of this around hospitals and clinics.

Angry patients under financial pressure due to medical costs with weak or no coverage will assume any nice car in the lot is owned by the people sending him/her the huge bills.

I'd start thinking about parking on the street a block or so away
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

That bumper will need Vancomycin 1 gram IV q 12 hours for at least two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
IFX
Banned
32
Rep
2,538
Posts

 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

iTrader: (1)

wtf.. i've never made a repulsed face while reading a story on a forum. But i just did.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
X2Board
Captain
X2Board's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
969
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X5 M
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wake County, NC

iTrader: (1)

That is some sick shit! I'm guessing, no security cameras?
__________________
2015 YMB/Silverstone F80 M3 6sp ED completed on 12/5. Tracking shipment, and waiting for PCD date.
2011 Sapphire Black/Black E70 X5 M - For Sale! Send me a PM for details.
2010 Jerez Black/Black E90 M3 DCT -Gone-
2009 Montego Blue/Grey E90 335i -Gone-
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
NoM3ForMe
Major
NoM3ForMe's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,424
Posts

 
Drives: '04 Quest, '07 Kia Sorrento
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ...location, location?

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NoM3ForMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
MRSA will hopefully infect their wounds
Since the OP works in a hospital, my guess is he would want them to contract H-MRSA instead
__________________
try { Life.Live(); } catch (Experience exp) { Console.WriteLine(exp.ToString(); } finally { Brian.Dispose(); }
"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those that read binary, and those that don't."
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
MMME30W
Riff Raff Refugee
MMME30W's Avatar
Germany
10
Rep
625
Posts

 
Drives: Civic
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (1)

Ick. I could have gone all day not seeing this.

OP - sorry, that sucks.
__________________


Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
CardSurge
Private
CardSurge's Avatar
0
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 JZB/FR E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philly

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
Dont leave your M3 in parking garages
Good idea. From now on I'll stay in my downtown palace with climate controlled parking and just live off the dividends of my AAPL that I bought in 1987. Why didn't I think of this before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Hopefully that wound got infected...
By the smell of things, we've already reached that point...we can only hope it goes deeper. Luckily no damage that I can see. Glad I have a fresh coat of wax on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
MRSA will hopefully infect their wounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
Since the OP works in a hospital, my guess is he would want them to contract H-MRSA instead
Personally hoping for pan-resistant acinetobacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
You should cover your car with broad spectrum antibiotics. This problem will be solved when you get to start parking in the doctors parking lot and are surronded by nice cars. Heck you wont even need to park in the furthest space
Unfortunately there isn't really a "doctor's lot" here. And the "employee lot" is not very much better. There have been repeated thefts and break-ins in that lot as well, and they recently arrested one of the attendants for aiding and abetting. It also is super cramped and carries much higher risk of door dings. Lose-lose situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
Did you piss off someone at work?
Nope. Most of my patient's are intubated or can barely walk. I actually have a very good relationship with most of my colleagues (from techs, to nurses, to doctors, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
As healthcare costs continue to rise and coverages wanes I think there's going to be more of this around hospitals and clinics.

Angry patients under financial pressure due to medical costs with weak or no coverage will assume any nice car in the lot is owned by the people sending him/her the huge bills.

I'd start thinking about parking on the street a block or so away
Agreed. Unfortunately if I parked a block away on the street in West Philly, I'd probably have no car at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2Board View Post
That is some sick shit! I'm guessing, no security cameras?
Nope! That would require foresight and money. Both of which my hospital system lacks.
__________________
2012 JZB/FR E92 ///M3, Diamond Black TE37SL, iND cosmetic package, 35% tint, LUX H8, KW, Arkym lip, Remus Race ///GONE

2014 Super Silver GT-R Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Poppin Fresh's Avatar
Philippines
33
Rep
2,128
Posts

 
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bergen County NJ

iTrader: (0)

So in summary, our hard earned property gets vandalized because society thinks we shouldn't treat ourselves for our successes because they feel we are taking what they are entitled to.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
paradocs98
Major
paradocs98's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
my vote is for Dakin's solution
Orthopaedic surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
What a fawking a$$hole the person who did this!! And ungrateful too. I fell your pain...
Gastroenterologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
That bumper will need Vancomycin 1 gram IV q 12 hours for at least two weeks.
Nephrologist



How did I do?
__________________
IB E90 M3 ZCP returned to BMW FS
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
kscarrol
Colonel
United_States
38
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

I might go with proctologist rather than gastroenterologist for #2!!
__________________
Current: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg., Conv. Pkg., everything but Cold Weather Pkg!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,260
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Orthopaedic surgeon


Gastroenterologist


Nephrologist



How did I do?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
Limey
EXC MIII
Limey's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Pics please!
__________________
2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro | Other bits
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST