BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #265
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1989 View Post
no no, i agree with you 100% I will keep a vigilant eye out, and at the very worst, if I must go back, ensure that they at least not re-use the towel ill request shit i will bring my own if need be....but ya I concur, those bents/ferraris dont give a shite, their car is still in production, ours, we're a vintage year! the last of the v8s!

and yea that would be pretty awesome its good to have diversity!

also after reading six's post on a clear bra, I may opt out for a clear bra, maybe get a matte finish? idk
I mean it will last for years and im sure be fine but I am not a fan of them cause of what ive seen

personally id rather have it resprayed in the future if necessary..

like how i look at those bumper bullies... id rather get a new bumper every 6 months than have that ugly ass shit hangin off my car ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Bro, what a looooooooooong road! I remember the first day I met you and finally you took delivery. Congrats!!!
yup i know bro so happy ! thanks for the help man !
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #266
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #267
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
 
///Machine's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
Omg that looks nice.
If I could only sell FR to my wife...(or even "nirvana" extended FR). I guess extended black is my compromise. Still cool, but no EFR.
__________________
Now: 2013 SG ZCP E92 M3; 2011 DSB X5d
Before: 2011 JZB E93 M3; 2008 Monaco Blue E90 328i; 2002 E46 Steel Blue 325i
///Machine is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #268
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Machine View Post
Omg that looks nice.
If I could only sell FR to my wife...(or even "nirvana" extended FR). I guess extended black is my compromise. Still cool, but no EFR.
I didn't opt for the extended fox red.. My GF actually encouraged this color combo ! she loves the red interior
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #269
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,051
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
like how i look at those bumper bullies... id rather get a new bumper every 6 months than have that ugly ass shit hangin off my car ...
I agree that the bumper bullies are ugly but have you consider Bumper Blocker.

And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #270
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
I agree that the bumper bullies are ugly but have you consider Bumper Blocker.

lol i hope your not being serious haha... although that looks no where as bad as the bumper bully !
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #271
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,051
iTrader: (6)

We have to take every protection possible in the NYC area. People can't drive or park.
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #272
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
 
Benjjman007's Avatar
 
Drives: On Order: F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California

Posts: 461
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 Audi RS4  [0.00]
I got the production number for my '13 coupe 2 hours after telling them I wanted to order.
__________________
On Order: 2015 F80 M3 Sedan

SOLD: 2013 E92 M3 Frozen Grey/Black Extended with Estroil Blue Contrasting Stitching, Competition, Premium, Heated Seats, Premium Sound, Satellite, BMW Apps.
Benjjman007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #273
03TitSilM3
New Member
 
Drives: Coupe M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

m3

wow, nice
that's super quick though


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjjman007 View Post
I got the production number for my '13 coupe 2 hours after telling them I wanted to order.
03TitSilM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #274
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,051
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjjman007 View Post
I got the production number for my '13 coupe 2 hours after telling them I wanted to order.
That is super fast. I got mines 1 week after I place my order.
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #275
sc1989
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe white, DCT, ZPP
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
We have to take every protection possible in the NYC area. People can't drive or park.

that is very bad parking lol, but that is also Europe .....the main thing I'd say we as M3 drivers need to worry about in NYC is Cab Drivers, useless MTA drivers, and potholes...for the most part people respect the M and don't tailgate, at least that is what i have experienced, even with Cabbies 60-70% of the time which caught me by surprise because i thought they dont respect shit...but i honestly don't see why anyone would want to street park, i read on there that someone's m got vandalized (keyed) and they were in NYC..if i park its only for 2 minutes and in an area where i can see my car (like when one buys coffe)...i am that paranoid sadly :/
sc1989 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #276
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1989 View Post
that is very bad parking lol, but that is also Europe .....the main thing I'd say we as M3 drivers need to worry about in NYC is Cab Drivers, useless MTA drivers, and potholes...for the most part people respect the M and don't tailgate, at least that is what i have experienced, even with Cabbies 60-70% of the time which caught me by surprise because i thought they dont respect shit...but i honestly don't see why anyone would want to street park, i read on there that someone's m got vandalized (keyed) and they were in NYC..if i park its only for 2 minutes and in an area where i can see my car (like when one buys coffe)...i am that paranoid sadly :/
NYC and street parking a nice car is just a terrible idea.

Garage space in Jersey is not too expensive and just a simple trip across on the weekend whenever you want to drive.
bvanderbilt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #277
And1M3
Major
 
And1M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR FR/Bk
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,051
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1989 View Post
that is very bad parking lol, but that is also Europe .....the main thing I'd say we as M3 drivers need to worry about in NYC is Cab Drivers, useless MTA drivers, and potholes...for the most part people respect the M and don't tailgate, at least that is what i have experienced, even with Cabbies 60-70% of the time which caught me by surprise because i thought they dont respect shit...but i honestly don't see why anyone would want to street park, i read on there that someone's m got vandalized (keyed) and they were in NYC..if i park its only for 2 minutes and in an area where i can see my car (like when one buys coffe)...i am that paranoid sadly :/
When you park in NYC streets unattended, you will expect to get ding and dents. People can't park and don't have respect for other people property. I have seen to many bad drivers and people that don't give a sh*t on what car you have.**When they see a spot they will try to squeeze in even if they don't fit. I am so paranoid that I have to buy a bumper blocker. I will not make the same mistake as my old car. It has to many scratches and dent from people that can't park.*
And1M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #278
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tri-State

Posts: 557
iTrader: (0)

its insane to think you can park in nyc proper and not get dinged or parking bumped. its simply the way things work in the city. the only alternative is choosing a nice garage parking structure like the time warner building where your car is a civic amongst all the other bentleys and exotics. i used to park there and never had a problem.
__________________
S65NAPWR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #279
sc1989
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe white, DCT, ZPP
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M3 View Post
When you park in NYC streets unattended, you will expect to get ding and dents. People can't park and don't have respect for other people property. I have seen to many bad drivers and people that don't give a sh*t on what car you have.**When they see a spot they will try to squeeze in even if they don't fit. I am so paranoid that I have to buy a bumper blocker. I will not make the same mistake as my old car. It has to many scratches and dent from people that can't park.*
good sir, that is precisely why i dont street park! the time i leave to get a quick coffee is legit 1-2 minutes, and luckily that street I go to is practically empty during the week but ya...luckily my building as a garage, and the garage attendants are very cautious , i have my own spot practically its pretty awesome
sc1989 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #280
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

drove it to work and back today slightly under 100 miles round trip.. lots of it in traffic..
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #281
etrillion
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NJ

Posts: 236
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
drove it to work and back today slightly under 100 miles round trip.. lots of it in traffic..
Show off... hahah jk

.. I think HONOR arrives this weekend! we shall join you soon enjoying our 5pm traffic.
etrillion is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #282
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrillan View Post
Show off... hahah jk

.. I think HONOR arrives this weekend! we shall join you soon enjoying our 5pm traffic.
yeah tons of traffic every day lol ... my commute is actually quite miserable but the car does make it a little better... getting used to it in traffic... gearing is diff than my z06 was so i keep goin into 2nd and hopping a little lol i noticed german gearing 1st gear isnt as long as the z06 was


side note... I am workin from home tomorrow I hope to give my baby her first bath, put the color matched IND side grills in , and take a nice little photoshoot with my DSLR... but i also have tons of work to do so I hope this happens hahahahaha
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #283
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tri-State

Posts: 557
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrillan View Post
Show off... hahah jk

.. I think HONOR arrives this weekend! we shall join you soon enjoying our 5pm traffic.


but my commute is 9 miles and reverse traffic, so every morning I blast it to 100 mph easy and I can get to work in 10 mins if I really pushed it with no traffic

Funny as this sounds, I wish my commute was at least 20 miles one way haha.
__________________
S65NAPWR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #284
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post


but my commute is 9 miles and reverse traffic, so every morning I blast it to 100 mph easy and I can get to work in 10 mins if I really pushed it with no traffic

Funny as this sounds, I wish my commute was at least 20 miles one way haha.
I wish it was like 25 each way max... or at least the 45 each way but with no traffic like reverse
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #285
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tri-State

Posts: 557
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
I wish it was like 25 each way max... or at least the 45 each way but with no traffic like reverse
what's your plan for washing, waxing, sealing the car? I'm trying to figure out detail products I need for it.
__________________
S65NAPWR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #286
6spdg37s
Captain
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: dirty jerz

Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post
what's your plan for washing, waxing, sealing the car? I'm trying to figure out detail products I need for it.
well the dealer actually did a nice prep job, looks like they have a nice coat of wax on it cause the water was beading up really nice...

But I have adams americana wax, and adams quick sealant

I use adams shampoo, a gilmour foam gun, bucket with grit guard, sonax wheel cleaner, one of those easy wheel brushes they sell on detailers domain and then waffle weave towels to dry

interior ive messed with diff products but im ordering 1z cockpit cause i heard great things about it not smearin when getting on navi screens, gauges etc
6spdg37s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST