BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
House Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
johnsh39
New Member
United Kingdom
3
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: E93 335, Space Grey
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bury, UK

iTrader: (0)

EVO Issue 108 -- M3 vs RS4 Review scans

As promised, scans from EVO issue 108, M3 v RS4.














Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:55 AM   #2
Reefermadness
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: G35
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Japan

iTrader: (0)

Thanxx
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
savage.ulm
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermadness View Post
Thanxx
Many many thanks....
You will receive tons of visit...Great:-)

have a nice day
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
Leg
Captain
37
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Not as positive as I was hoping, although Ill wait till I can see and drive the car for myself I cant deny Im seriously wavering.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
dazzapb
Major
England
39
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport +
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SW London, England

iTrader: (0)

stop being so negative.. its the review i was waiting for! it BEAT the RS4! woohoo, this is the mag that matters.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
21
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

thanks,

It sounds like the optional EDC is a must have, why BMW does not make this std is beyond me. I am very interested to read reviews on standard M3s.
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:03 AM   #7
Leg
Captain
37
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
stop being so negative.. its the review i was waiting for! it BEAT the RS4! woohoo, this is the mag that matters.
Im not being negative, im just reading the article and drawing conclusions from that. There are many negative comments in there that are less than inspiring.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:04 AM   #8
JEllis
Brigadier General
JEllis's Avatar
102
Rep
4,978
Posts

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Not as positive as I was hoping, although Ill wait till I can see and drive the car for myself I cant deny Im seriously wavering.
Dude, we are not talking about the GT3...car reviews dont get much better than that.

jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:04 AM   #9
moss
Private First Class
United Kingdom
6
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: Audi RS4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
stop being so negative.. its the review i was waiting for! it BEAT the RS4! woohoo, this is the mag that matters.
Hmmm yep flattens the RS4 - at last 'ONE review' in which it scraps it and after nearly two years of the RS4 first coming onto the schene. Yeah wow well done BMW - Particularly impressed at how the old M3 was better than the new one - great acheivement.

Anyway some good news - there's one more early M3 available in the UK, I'm off the list until I hear reviews of the DCT.

This M3 will drop in value like no other M3 before it - highly disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
651
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Hmmm yep flattens the RS4 - at last 'ONE review' in which it scraps it and after nearly two years of the RS4 first coming onto the schene. Yeah wow well done BMW - Particularly impressed at how the old M3 was better than the new one - great acheivement.

Anyway some good news - there's one more early M3 available in the UK, I'm off the list until I hear reviews of the DCT.

This M3 will drop in value like no other M3 before it - highly disappointing.
Sure! Wishful thinking here?

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:38 AM   #11
Leg
Captain
37
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Sorry guys, dont underestimate how much I want the new M3 to be great. I dont want an RS4 and at £55K there isnt another new 2+2 coupe I can think of so if I dont like the M3, Im stuffed. My order is in, depsoit down and it will remain so until I can judge the car for myself. However, you cant surely be taking the above write up as positive? The negative comments far outweigh the positives by a long way, it is there in black and white, not my opinion, it is there in the article for all to read.

My point is, instead of being sat here, smug, excitedly awaiting my new £55000 car Im sat here worrying it will be a let down. That just shouldnt be the case with a BMW M3 costing this much.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:53 AM   #12
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
2,801
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Hmmm yep flattens the RS4 - at last 'ONE review' in which it scraps it and after nearly two years of the RS4 first coming onto the schene. Yeah wow well done BMW - Particularly impressed at how the old M3 was better than the new one - great acheivement.

Anyway some good news - there's one more early M3 available in the UK, I'm off the list until I hear reviews of the DCT.

This M3 will drop in value like no other M3 before it - highly disappointing.

moss, give it a rest please. you insist on seeing only what you want to see in the face of reviews to the contrary. you say "the old M3 was better than the new one - great achievment" where EVO's review of the M3 clearly characterizes the new M3 as vast improvement over its predecessor. and what proof do you have to offer regarding the M3's depreciation? i suspect none other than your skewed fanboy opinion. if you insist on being a troll, then do it on the audi boards, because your act is getting a little old.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
21
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Sorry guys, dont underestimate how much I want the new M3 to be great. I dont want an RS4 and at £55K there isnt another new 2+2 coupe I can think of so if I dont like the M3, Im stuffed. My order is in, depsoit down and it will remain so until I can judge the car for myself. However, you cant surely be taking the above write up as positive? The negative comments far outweigh the positives by a long way, it is there in black and white, not my opinion, it is there in the article for all to read.

My point is, instead of being sat here, smug, excitedly awaiting my new £55000 car Im sat here worrying it will be a let down. That just shouldnt be the case with a BMW M3 costing this much.

Shouldn’t you guys be ordering boats?
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #14
Leg
Captain
37
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Shouldn’t you guys be ordering boats?

LOL, Im in West Yorkshire, too many hills for floods, it just runs downhill and floods everyone in South Yorkshire!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #15
savage.ulm
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
stop being so negative.. its the review i was waiting for! it BEAT the RS4! woohoo, this is the mag that matters.
yes....:-)
and put the 18 inch wheels also on the Rs4 (or 19" on the BMW) and you will see wich one will look better...I am sure that this make an huge difference on final look...
Rs4 had an advantage in this area...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 06:28 AM   #16
888
I'm takin' the day off.
888's Avatar
South Africa
21
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
LOL, Im in West Yorkshire, too many hills for floods, it just runs downhill and floods everyone in South Yorkshire!

Thank g-d. I hope all gets back to normal soon.
__________________
If I were to agree with you we would both be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #17
Leg
Captain
37
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Thank g-d. I hope all gets back to normal soon.
Oh I dont know, South Yorkshire needed a wash tbh
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
93
Rep
4,227
Posts

Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Hmmm yep flattens the RS4 - at last 'ONE review' in which it scraps it and after nearly two years of the RS4 first coming onto the schene. Yeah wow well done BMW - Particularly impressed at how the old M3 was better than the new one - great acheivement.

Anyway some good news - there's one more early M3 available in the UK, I'm off the list until I hear reviews of the DCT.

This M3 will drop in value like no other M3 before it - highly disappointing.
It's funny how for the last two weeks you have been trying to make nice and act unbiased. I guess everyone was right when you first came around trolling.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #19
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
117
Rep
8,034
Posts

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
thanks,

It sounds like the optional EDC is a must have, why BMW does not make this std is beyond me. I am very interested to read reviews on standard M3s.
They are probably thinking about the people who will significantly mod the suspension. And some people don't want any electronic intervention in the handling of their cars while driving (I can be one of them depending on the circumstances). However, my understanding is that EDC's sport setting does not interfere at all after the initial adjustments are made when it is activated, so as long as that choice is there, I'm on board.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
dazzapb
Major
England
39
Rep
1,342
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport +
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SW London, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
It's funny how for the last two weeks you have been trying to make nice and act unbiased. I guess everyone was right when you first came around trolling.
+1000 well said. crystal clear troll.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #21
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
15,602
Posts

Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [4.75]
Thanks again for the scans, and whats this about the new M3s depreciation??
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #22
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
I wouldn't choose an Audi if I were concerned about depreciation...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST