BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #111
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
409
Rep
29,307
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Just noticed in the parking lot, one M3 does not have the carbon roof? wonder what thats all about?

Carl
__________________
997.2 GT3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #112
JEllis
Major General
JEllis's Avatar
128
Rep
5,064
Posts

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

If you opt for a sunroof then you dont get a CF roof.

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #113
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
409
Rep
29,307
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
If you opt for a sunroof then you dont get a CF roof.

Jason
Honestly? I didnt think they would even let you spec a sunroof? Man who would want a sunroof anyway.
__________________
997.2 GT3
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #114
A_COUNA
New Member
A_COUNA's Avatar
Portugal
1
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: E36 ///M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lisbon

iTrader: (0)

I'm lucky enought to see one every day on the office garage.
It's always parked by a a interlagos.

Next to them are two M6, two M5...

I almost drool every time i pass by them.
I love working on the same building as BMW
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #115
335ie90socal
Private First Class
335ie90socal's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: 07335i e90
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Malibu, CA

iTrader: (0)

i think this car looks the best in white
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #116
savage.ulm1
First Lieutenant
savage.ulm1's Avatar
Italy
30
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Near the Brno's Track today....

a very dirty track-day:-)

My "Aw" car doesn't seem anymore new after today's experience..but now I know what this engine gives you in terms of enthusiasm during the last 1000 rpm. Brakes were ok, but what a smell.....
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #117
JEllis
Major General
JEllis's Avatar
128
Rep
5,064
Posts

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

iTrader: (4)

Call me crazy but it looks even meaner with the racing dirt
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #118
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
124
Rep
3,287
Posts

Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Wow, that third shot is sick. Just pure white evil. Awesome shot, infact its my new desktop.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 11-25-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #119
Leg
Captain
41
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Oooh no, now thats just plain dirty, in a sexual way, you shouldnt have gone and posted those pics, now Im gonna have to dust off my batman outfit and see if the Mrs is up for some rumpy pumpy!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #120
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
697
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Oooh no, now thats just plain dirty, in a sexual way, you shouldnt have gone and posted those pics, now Im gonna have to dust off my batman outfit and see if the Mrs is up for some rumpy pumpy!
OMG, you're so funny...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #121
Leg
Captain
41
Rep
844
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
OMG, you're so funny...

Best regards, south
U wanna see me in the batman outfit, now THAT is funny
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #122
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
124
Rep
3,287
Posts

Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Pics or it didn't happen!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #123
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
697
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
U wanna see me in the batman outfit, now THAT is funny
Man, you promised not to tell that...


Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #124
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,830
Posts

Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South County

iTrader: (0)



There it is...
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #125
OzStriker
Captain
OzStriker's Avatar
Australia
24
Rep
923
Posts

Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to OzStriker
I like that last shot, looks like you have just completed Le Mans!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #126
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post


There it is...
+2...... I allready see it!!!!

Last edited by Jack28; 03-12-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #127
GeriFix
Lieutenant
GeriFix's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Honestly? I didnt think they would even let you spec a sunroof? Man who would want a sunroof anyway.
Well I would for one. The benefits of the carbon fibre roof comes into effect at about 110 MPH (guess; based on discussion with salesmen), whilst the benefits of the sunroof come into effect from 0 MPH upwards. Since I'm going to be driving the car around town at 70km/hr (max) most of the time, I'll get alot more enjoyment out of a sunroof than a CF roof. It's an M3, not a CSL track-day car.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 03:28 AM   #128
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
124
Rep
3,287
Posts

Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
Well I would for one. The benefits of the carbon fibre roof comes into effect at about 110 MPH (guess; based on discussion with salesmen), whilst the benefits of the sunroof come into effect from 0 MPH upwards. Since I'm going to be driving the car around town at 70km/hr (max) most of the time, I'll get alot more enjoyment out of a sunroof than a CF roof. It's an M3, not a CSL track-day car.
Actually, since the CF room effectively lowers the center of gravity for the total car then the effect will come into play at much lower than 110 mph assuming your going around a corner. It has little benefit in straight line performance. A well experienced drive would probably be able to tell the difference at about 40 mph in a corner, and as the number of corners increases (slalom) the benefit proportionally increases.

The M3 will have DCT, not SMG. The release date for DCT is not currently known, but most rumors say March when the M3 launches in the US. Do a forum search for DCT or M-DCT to learn more about this fantastic transmission system.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 04:13 AM   #129
GeriFix
Lieutenant
GeriFix's Avatar
Australia
7
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Actually, since the CF room effectively lowers the center of gravity for the total car then the effect will come into play at much lower than 110 mph assuming your going around a corner. It has little benefit in straight line performance. A well experienced drive would probably be able to tell the difference at about 40 mph in a corner, and as the number of corners increases (slalom) the benefit proportionally increases.

The M3 will have DCT, not SMG. The release date for DCT is not currently known, but most rumors say March when the M3 launches in the US. Do a forum search for DCT or M-DCT to learn more about this fantastic transmission system.
The CF roof is 5kg lighter than a steel roof, and maybe 10 (or lets say 15) kg less than a steel/sun roof. The car weighs 1580kg and is 1.42m high. Sure, a sun roof will raise the center of gravity, but by what? One or two centimeters. I wouldn't criticise someone for opting for the CF roof, but if I was criticised for getting a sunroof on my M3 (due this month), I'd say that if I wanted a track day car, I would have saved $70,000 and bought a Lotus 2-eleven.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 04:49 AM   #130
OzStriker
Captain
OzStriker's Avatar
Australia
24
Rep
923
Posts

Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to OzStriker
+1

Im going CF purely for the look.

Black roof. Black leather. Summer will be fun
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #131
#42 Ganassi Racer
Registered
#42 Ganassi Racer's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 750Li
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

the parking lot full of M3's is pretty close to what i'd call heaven.

Will post some pic's from the L.A. Auto Show shortly.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #132
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by #42 Ganassi Racer View Post
the parking lot full of M3's is pretty close to what i'd call heaven.

Will post some pic's from the L.A. Auto Show shortly.
+1
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST