BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #23
Park2670
General
Park2670's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
18,125
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

iTrader: (8)

Nope. wheels arent for sale yet. I have my parts department checking into it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
SoCalM311
Private
SoCalM311's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: AW E46 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to SoCalM311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
Nope. wheels arent for sale yet. I have my parts department checking into it.


thanks for the useful reply
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #25
Park2670
General
Park2670's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
18,125
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

iTrader: (8)

I work for a dealer. I check with my friend who works there everyday to see if the part numbers are available in the USA system yet. Did I do something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #26
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
I work for a dealer. I check with my friend who works there everyday to see if the part numbers are available in the USA system yet. Did I do something wrong?
Don't worry about the newb.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #27
SoCalM311
Private
SoCalM311's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
81
Posts

 
Drives: AW E46 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to SoCalM311
No I did mean thanks for the info because the previous guy before you posted a link that was sarcastic. Your parts info was perfect.thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #28
Park2670
General
Park2670's Avatar
United_States
204
Rep
18,125
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM311 View Post
No I did mean thanks for the info because the previous guy before you posted a link that was sarcastic. Your parts info was perfect.thanks.
Ok that makes much more sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #29
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Also in the Wallpaper section. Might not be as much traffic there.

Larger resolutions and a video are available from the M3 microsite on bmwusa.com









__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #30
jtown
Lieutenant
jtown's Avatar
12
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Don't you love how they cover up the muffler?

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #31
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Yes, they know they f'ed up.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #32
MI6
The World is Not Enough
MI6's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

iTrader: (0)

[quote=jtown;1293619]Don't you love how they cover up the muffler?

You know, I'm beginning to see more and more new cars showing the muffler, not just the new M3....

Why is this???

Granted, most of them have that aluminum look versus the old dirty brown/gray look but why show it in the first place.

Are companies trying to cut costs by making a shorter apron rather than a longer one to hide it???
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #33
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Epacy!
Great pics...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #34
jtown
Lieutenant
jtown's Avatar
12
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

[quote=MI6;1293755]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
Don't you love how they cover up the muffler?

You know, I'm beginning to see more and more new cars showing the muffler, not just the new M3....

Why is this???

Granted, most of them have that aluminum look versus the old dirty brown/gray look but why show it in the first place.

Are companies trying to cut costs by making a shorter apron rather than a longer one to hide it???
I agree. Ever since the new M showed up I've been looking at other cars to see if the muffler is showing and it actually is for most cars. Don't know why. Not really a deal breaker though.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #35
///Murdock
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 06 M5, 04 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOS, USA

iTrader: (0)

wtf r u guys talking bout a visible muffler.... the e36, e46 and e92 all have visible mufflers.. as well as porsche gt3 and many many many other cars....

i dont get u people
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #36
Just_me
Captain
65
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: RWD
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Here is a swedish M3 white

They did a rototest (dynotest) on this car and maximum of torque was 365.5NM, far off what BMW says (400nm).
Attached Images
       
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 03:46 AM   #37
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
Here is a swedish M3 white

They did a rototest (dynotest) on this car and maximum of torque was 365.5NM, far off what BMW says (400nm).
Crossposting from GCZ:
The M5 has also been tested on the rototest (http://www.rri.se/popup/performanceg...h&ChartsID=153) and this car had 475 NM of wheel torque compared to it's 520 NM engine torque. That makes a drivetrain loss of about 8.65 %. If you calculate the same drivetrain loss for the M3, you get 365.4 NM. So if it really was the wheel torque they measured, everything's good.

BTW: Guess that topic would be worth an own thread.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:11 AM   #38
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
Here is a swedish M3 white

They did a rototest (dynotest) on this car and maximum of torque was 365.5NM, far off what BMW says (400nm).
Yeah, the real question is crank or wheel? CAn't say it is far off from what BMW claims without saying it is crank NM for sure.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #39
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Yeah, the real question is crank or wheel? CAn't say it is far off from what BMW claims without saying it is crank NM for sure.
On the webpage of the rototest (http://www.rri.se) they always state wheel torque and wheel power. So it's probably wheel torque, but you're right, the question remains...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:36 AM   #40
Just_me
Captain
65
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: RWD
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Epacy, South has corrected me on germancarzone, I dont need another education

Im with south, let create a new thread about this subject..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:50 AM   #41
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me View Post
Epacy, South has corrected me on germancarzone, I dont need another education

Im with south, let create a new thread about this subject..
Sorry, didn't check germancarzone before I replied here. I'm SO stupid!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:56 AM   #42
Just_me
Captain
65
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: RWD
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Sorry, didn't check germancarzone before I replied here. I'm SO stupid!!!
yeah yeah, get over it

Continue here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...29#post1308629
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #43
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
396
Posts

 
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Iowa City, IA

iTrader: (0)

Dyno Numbers

Assuming the dyno numbers you quote are wheel torque, the M3 only has about 8.6% drive train loss. That's great.

I would be hard put to believe they measured crank torque on the brand new model's engine

Good news - 8.6% is amazing drivetrain effeciency.
__________________
Now:'05 G35 6MT\Laser Red\Beige\Sport\Premium

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #44
Bennu
Colonel
Bennu's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,256
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Crossposting from GCZ:
The M5 has also been tested on the rototest (http://www.rri.se/popup/performanceg...h&ChartsID=153) and this car had 475 NM of wheel torque compared to it's 520 NM engine torque. That makes a drivetrain loss of about 8.65 %. If you calculate the same drivetrain loss for the M3, you get 365.4 NM. So if it really was the wheel torque they measured, everything's good.

BTW: Guess that topic would be worth an own thread.

Best regards, south
Of course they are simular engines. So then if this is right, we should be able to estimate the RWHP as well dont ya think?
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST