BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

E92-lighting

09-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
klammer
Brigadier General

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5

These videos helped quite a bit before my trip, love the song, looking for sub 2:15 next time
      09-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
armyav8tor
n1smo

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Thanks everyone for the comments. I saw that BMW commercial with the AWOLNATION song for the first time last week and went, BMW copied me!!! But then I looked at the date and the thing came out back in July, damnit! Oh well, I copied it off Jeb Corliss anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Nice video however the constant rocking motion is bit wierd. Might I suggest getting a Cruise cam headrest mount. An idea would also be to plug your go pro 2 to the ATR 3350 mic (which can be attached to the rear bumper to get the awesome akrapovic sound at full song.

The cruise cam mount is $50. ATR3350 is around $20.

This has to be the best sounding M3 video by a long mile.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P--2s...feature=relmfu
I actually have the same setup as Isaac. I just don't use it because I think it is a lot more dramatic with it being helmet mounted. I plan on getting another GoPro2 and sticking it on the back windshield so I get the rear view thing going too and then run the ATR 3350 mic off of the rear camera.

Here's with Cruise Cam mounted on headrest back in February...

And another one of me at the 1/4 mile track with the rice burner...

And here's me playing in the rain...

Just not as dramatic as the helmet mounted videos.
armyav8tor is offline   United_States
      09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #25
armyav8tor
n1smo

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
These videos helped quite a bit before my trip, love the song, looking for sub 2:15 next time
Glad it helped, think that is probably the best line going around VIR but I'm still experimenting, especially around Oak Tree. I think I can go up the climbing esses just a little faster and late brake going into 14 and I'll be close to 2:10. Now I need to find a way to get it down to 2:08. Because in that 2:13 lap, that slip at 14 messed me up all the way down Hog Pen. I felt so slow going down there on that lap I was surprised it was still such a fast lap. Wish Leh Keen had a video of his 2:08 lap so I can study it! But I have no doubt that you will go sub 2:15, just how much below? Aim high!!
armyav8tor is offline   United_States
      09-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #26
Makingitsomeday

Drives: I don't own a car YET

Very nice videos and awesome sounding exhaust! Akra never fails to impress, jus the right tone and volume.
      09-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
klammer
Brigadier General

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Glad it helped, think that is probably the best line going around VIR but I'm still experimenting, especially around Oak Tree. I think I can go up the climbing esses just a little faster and late brake going into 14 and I'll be close to 2:10. Now I need to find a way to get it down to 2:08. Because in that 2:13 lap, that slip at 14 messed me up all the way down Hog Pen. I felt so slow going down there on that lap I was surprised it was still such a fast lap. Wish Leh Keen had a video of his 2:08 lap so I can study it! But I have no doubt that you will go sub 2:15, just how much below? Aim high!!
Agreed. Think I could trail brake more going into oak tree (11) making it more of a kink than a turn setting up for 11a and I know I could go faster in the uphill esses (was trying to enter around 120, but think 130 could be doable ) and 14 can be taken a faster as well. Feel that a 2:10 would be a goal, but that would be after some serious seat time at that track as it's a very complicated track with a ton of details. I'll be back