BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source

05-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
The_Wood
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

Just installed AA Xpipe [w/ Remus sport slip-on]

Hey all,

I jumped on an Active Autowerke XPipe with HFC setup when I saw it on the for sale forums. I shipped it to work, threw it in the trunk of the M3 and put it on this morning in the driveway.

I was going to wait, but was so excited I woke up early and installed it before work. Ive owned my 08 e92 since January. I purchased it from a dealer in Michigan and drove it back to Texas. It came equipped with a Remus slip-on, but something was missing. My fiancee's brother in law is a 2012 C63 Development package owner with far too big an ego, so I saw it fit to free up a couple extra hp when I saw the XPipe for sale.

Upon its installation and test driving myself and through downtown Austin, the results have already been worth it. My car sounds the same upon start up, and maybe up until 2500-3k rpm, but then it changes into something sinister. I was a little intimidated with my test revs in the driveway at first, admittedly, but then upon cruising, turning heads, and asking the opinion of everyone I know who would listen, I think I've got a winning combo - for now.

I've long been considering the AE slip on and may very well still do so. Any feedback/prior knowledge would greatly be appreciated if anyone is familiar with either, or both of these setups!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
325rider
Zyzz Follower
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

my review of ae perf and turner test pipes

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832547

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
RBB
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Glad you're enjoying it. An xpipe or test pipes is a must for this car for the sound it produces alone.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
The_Wood
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

Agreed! it's so exotic sounding around 2.5-3k. Worried about a slight rattle from a clamp where the right cat meets the XPipe. Stikl debating quieting it down a bit with the AE. My gas mileage has dropped significantly as ive been testing haha
Appreciate 0