BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Horrible service!! BMW gallery / Norwood Ma

Gentlemen I need to vent,
So I dropped off my m3 this morning at 7am for flashing tpl and a oil change, it
Took 15min to be greated and attended to, mind you i was the 2nd customer in, Well about noonish I receive a phone call it has faulty tpm, ok great fix it and call me when done, it is now 5pm , 2 voicemails later and I am yet to receive a status / update from my SA, and what's even more frustrating is that no one picks up there damn phone!! I've been transferred to service 5 times once to the service manager and still haven't spoken to anyone or updated about my car , it is now 5:06 and still nothing .....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
9
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOSTON, MA

iTrader: (0)

i don't like Norwood at all. Norwell is better. are you out of warranty yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
WingZeroX5
Lieutenant Colonel
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
108
Rep
1,614
Posts

Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManM3 View Post
Gentlemen I need to vent,
So I dropped off my m3 this morning at 7am for flashing tpl and a oil change, it
Took 15min to be greated and attended to, mind you i was the 2nd customer in, Well about noonish I receive a phone call it has faulty tpm, ok great fix it and call me when done, it is now 5pm , 2 voicemails later and I am yet to receive a status / update from my SA, and what's even more frustrating is that no one picks up there damn phone!! I've been transferred to service 5 times once to the service manager and still haven't spoken to anyone or updated about my car , it is now 5:06 and still nothing .....
an oil change should take no more than an hr,plus the TPM service, 2 hrs tops, and i'm being generous. I took mine to tulley manchester and waited for brake fluid change, cabin filter, and it was like an hr. How far r u away from other dealers?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
an oil change should take no more than an hr,plus the TPM service, 2 hrs tops, and i'm being generous. I took mine to tulley manchester and waited for brake fluid change, cabin filter, and it was like an hr. How far r u away from other dealers?
I work right down the street so it's super convenient but I will never go back this is ridiculous...... BMW of Peabody is closer to home ill try them next, and yes I'm out of warranty
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
WingZeroX5
Lieutenant Colonel
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
108
Rep
1,614
Posts

Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManM3 View Post
I work right down the street so it's super convenient but I will never go back this is ridiculous...... BMW of Peabody is closer to home ill try them next, and yes I'm out of warranty
this is why i keep saying convenience isn't everything. Sometimes, quality service is a bit further away and if it takes the extra mile to get it, I will be willing...

gluck man, i heard peabody is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
tjsabec
Lieutenant
tjsabec's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
539
Posts

Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Uniontown, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManM3 View Post
I work right down the street so it's super convenient but I will never go back this is ridiculous...... BMW of Peabody is closer to home ill try them next, and yes I'm out of warranty
What are they charging you for the oil change? I paid close to $300 a couple weeks ago and I'll be doing my own from now on.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsabec View Post
What are they charging you for the oil change? I paid close to $300 a couple weeks ago and I'll be doing my own from now on.
$240
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Kanweezy
Private First Class
1
Rep
138
Posts

Drives: Red e92
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Washington/Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Boohoo you don't have your car for a few hours
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanweezy View Post
Boohoo you don't have your car for a few hours
Not having my car for a few hours isn't the problem , poor customer service, lack of communication and being in limbo not knowing how to plan my day is the issue
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Megatron_Ralphy
Registered
Megatron_Ralphy's Avatar
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Methuen MA

iTrader: (0)

bro i go to bmw of Peabody or boston herb great service!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
KennyPowers
Major General
290
Rep
5,194
Posts

Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast

iTrader: (13)

300 for an oil change wtf wow

The parts are like 80 dollars, and the job takes 10 minutes on jack stands.

Out of warranty? Done with dealer. Find a good local shop if you can't DIY
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron_Ralphy View Post
bro i go to bmw of Peabody or boston herb great service!!!
Yeah I think I'm going to Peabody bro f*ck gallery , p.s enjoy PR!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
SROC5
Colonel
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
411
Rep
2,850
Posts

Drives: BSM M4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (8)

Wow, that's nuts. Sorry to hear they're being a pain.

My BMW service center on the other hand works super fast, I wait for the oil change that takes 1.5 hr. flat. I used to take the BMW loaner before but found they were so fast, it was more of a hassle to drive back and forth vs. just wait for 1.5 hrs. at the center.
__________________

AWE NR | SWIFT SR| PAGID RS29 | RE71 R | 6MT
-https://youtu.be/wGKimCOSJ5o
-https://youtu.be/tJOXlWYUDYE
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
22
Rep
798
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Norwood has gone completely downhill. a complete mess to say the least. It's too bad because Matt (Dinan tech) and Steve (assistant parts manager) are great guys.

I spent alot of money with them on Dinan products a while back on my 10 e90 and when I needed them to help assist me hey turned the wrong direction. I had the same issue with a simple oil change brake fluid flush and it ended up being there for almost a week!!'

More importantly they somehow broke a rod in my drivers seat and the leather up top fits all weird. They were supposed to get the replacement part from Germany to fix it and never even called me back. But more importantly never even ordered the part.

Norwell is fantastic and although the same ownership a completely different ball game. The whole crew love modifying and working on the m cars. They even installed my SC for me!! Excellent and I won't go anywhere else. If you are near the south shore or even in the NORWOOD area just go to Norwell. Ask for Tom Toppan. Great guy and a good friend to me that he has become.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
IronManM3
Private First Class
IronManM3's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2009 m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: lawrence ma

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 BMW e93 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Norwood has gone completely downhill. a complete mess to say the least. It's too bad because Matt (Dinan tech) and Steve (assistant parts manager) are great guys.

I spent alot of money with them on Dinan products a while back on my 10 e90 and when I needed them to help assist me hey turned the wrong direction. I had the same issue with a simple oil change brake fluid flush and it ended up being there for almost a week!!'

More importantly they somehow broke a rod in my drivers seat and the leather up top fits all weird. They were supposed to get the replacement part from Germany to fix it and never even called me back. But more importantly never even ordered the part.

Norwell is fantastic and although the same ownership a completely different ball game. The whole crew love modifying and working on the m cars. They even installed my SC for me!! Excellent and I won't go anywhere else. If you are near the south shore or even in the NORWOOD area just go to Norwell. Ask for Tom Toppan. Great guy and a good friend to me that he has become.
Thanks! Yeah it's sad that a service department that caters to high end vehicles is as bad as they are
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
RBB
First Lieutenant
RBB's Avatar
9
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
300 for an oil change wtf wow

The parts are like 80 dollars, and the job takes 10 minutes on jack stands.

Out of warranty? Done with dealer. Find a good local shop if you can't DIY
How do you figure that? Cheapest I can get the oil and filter for is about $160 and that's from Tischer.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
W///
Lieutenant General
W///'s Avatar
2359
Rep
10,196
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3/99 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
How do you figure that? Cheapest I can get the oil and filter for is about $160 and that's from Tischer.
Even if oil alone was at $10 a quart, you'll still need 9 quarts minimum to do an oil change. Then there's oil filter too. No way you can DIY an oil change on these things for under $100
__________________
Current: 2008 BMW M3 Sparkling Graphite/Bamboo Beige/6MT. 1999 BMW M3 Techno Violet/Dove/5MT
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
1,296
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

I've been to both BMW of Peabody and Tulley in Nashua. My recommendation, go to Tulley. Great customer service, gorgeous showroom, so many snacks available, and other things. Last time I was there, they had a M3 Lime Rock edition, beautiful car. Got to sit in it and look around.

I had them install new updates. Usually dealers say just drop off the car and get it the next day. They took it to the next level by allowing me to wait for my car, also go a discount. The car was done in 2.5 hours.

Again, sometimes convenience is good but quality is what we look for.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST