BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Vorsteiner
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
BeachM
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3. Space Gray. DCT.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Bad Day

Driving home on the interstate from a funeral, behind a Waste Management garbage truck. He hits a big bump and rocks fly up and spider my windshield. Pull up beside him and he pulls off at next exit. We call his supervisor and the police. 2 hours later I get a report filed and am on my way. Call insurance company, USAA. I get through to the Safelite glass representative. He files my claim and will get the windshield replaced Saturday. I explain I have a police report and he seems uninterested. I will have to pay $100 deductible. The money is no big deal, but the truck was the one that damaged my car. Why would I pay? Call USAA back and talk to another person. Explain what happened and she files with a senior insurance claim rep. I feel the outcome is going to be me paying the $100, but I wanted USAA to look into the matter and try to talk to the Waste Management insurance people. Am I stupid for trying to get them to pursue this? If this was just a stray rock I would not pursue this. But, I saw it fly off the truck and there was a cloud of rocks and dirt that peppered my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Brucewonder's Avatar
17
Rep
1,544
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM View Post
Driving home on the interstate from a funeral, behind a Waste Management garbage truck. He hits a big bump and rocks fly up and spider my windshield. Pull up beside him and he pulls off at next exit. We call his supervisor and the police. 2 hours later I get a report filed and am on my way. Call insurance company, USAA. I get through to the Safelite glass representative. He files my claim and will get the windshield replaced Saturday. I explain I have a police report and he seems uninterested. I will have to pay $100 deductible. The money is no big deal, but the truck was the one that damaged my car. Why would I pay? Call USAA back and talk to another person. Explain what happened and she files with a senior insurance claim rep. I feel the outcome is going to be me paying the $100, but I wanted USAA to look into the matter and try to talk to the Waste Management insurance people. Am I stupid for trying to get them to pursue this? If this was just a stray rock I would not pursue this. But, I saw it fly off the truck and there was a cloud of rocks and dirt that peppered my car.
you pay deductible regardless. you should have gotten his lic plate #
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
BeachM
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3. Space Gray. DCT.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

I have license plate number, pictures of truck with gravel and mud all over the under carriage, and a police report. Also have numbers to supervisors at Waste Management.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
dimabimmer's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn to SoHo NYC

iTrader: (0)

I've gone through several windshield replacements with my other cars. My advice to you,- make sure safelight installs ONLY OEM windshield!!! I am sure they would try to put in some cheap glass Made in China etc., those winshields are so bad!!! Don't let them pull that on you! ... make sure they know you only want OEM or else!
Best of luck!
__________________
'11 E92 M3 ZCP SG 6MT Tech Sound USB Heat Cloth Aluminium Sunshade
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422151
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Giggs
Major
Giggs's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,131
Posts

Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM View Post
Driving home on the interstate from a funeral, behind a Waste Management garbage truck. He hits a big bump and rocks fly up and spider my windshield. Pull up beside him and he pulls off at next exit. We call his supervisor and the police. 2 hours later I get a report filed and am on my way. Call insurance company, USAA. I get through to the Safelite glass representative. He files my claim and will get the windshield replaced Saturday. I explain I have a police report and he seems uninterested. I will have to pay $100 deductible. The money is no big deal, but the truck was the one that damaged my car. Why would I pay? Call USAA back and talk to another person. Explain what happened and she files with a senior insurance claim rep. I feel the outcome is going to be me paying the $100, but I wanted USAA to look into the matter and try to talk to the Waste Management insurance people. Am I stupid for trying to get them to pursue this? If this was just a stray rock I would not pursue this. But, I saw it fly off the truck and there was a cloud of rocks and dirt that peppered my car.
You will pay the $100 initially and as long as they find the other driver at fault your insurance company should refund you your $100. At least that's how it works with my insurance at State Farm.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
MineralWeiss
USAF Retired
United_States
2
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma City

iTrader: (0)

You should file your claim with Waste Management's insurance. Anytime you use your insurance you normally pay the deductible.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
BeachM
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3. Space Gray. DCT.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

I figured if it is pursued I would get a refund. Familiar with Safelite. They did my Range Rover. Made sure it was OEM. Will do the same here. I get to sit around on my birthday waiting on a new windshield. Happy Birthday to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
128
Rep
8,517
Posts

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
You will pay the $100 initially and as long as they find the other driver at fault your insurance company should refund you your $100. At least that's how it works with my insurance at State Farm.
+1. let the insurance companies handle it. If they're at fault, you'll get reimbursed. What did your insurance agent say?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
dimabimmer's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn to SoHo NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusC
I've gone through several winshield replacements with my other cars
haha nevermind!
... but I did have to replace 4 windshields...
__________________
'11 E92 M3 ZCP SG 6MT Tech Sound USB Heat Cloth Aluminium Sunshade
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422151
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
21
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM View Post
I figured if it is pursued I would get a refund. Familiar with Safelite. They did my Range Rover. Made sure it was OEM. Will do the same here. I get to sit around on my birthday waiting on a new windshield. Happy Birthday to me.
First world problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
1,846
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Keep bugging USAA. When I first got my car it was hit in the parking lot. Of course it was already insured (it was like 2 weeks old), but I didn't feel that I should have to pay a deductible for someone else's screw up. I had the police report done, I had the other drivers info and insurance and all... After a few phone calls and a little bit of bugging with USAA, they caved and paid everything for me for the repairs and went after the other guy's insurance. I didn't pay a dime (full bumper replacement and one ZCP wheel replacement).
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST