BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
M3 Supercharged/modded vs 911, F80 M3, GTR....

I currently have a 335 fully modded. I am not putting another dime into it. It does really perform well, but it is not up to the performance standard that I wanted.

NEEDS:
- minimum 550 hp
- no shimmy when under full throttle - has to brake and accell in a straight line (my 335 doesn't do that)
- full comforts - 335 is the standard for all the creature comforts
- 2 sets of golf clubs mandatory
- Canadian winter driven in the snow - 4 snows go on

I THINK my next car should be this (used prices in US$):

2012/2013 M3 Comp ($60k) with the following mods: $60k
1) E9x M3 VT2-625 Intercooled Supercharger System: $14k
2) Coilovers - say the KW V3s, with camber plates: $3.5k
3) Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust System for BMW E9X M3 - $6k
4) Stoptech Big Brake Kit E90 E92 E93 M3: Front/rear - $6k
5) Rims/Tires - 265/275 PSS rubber on comp rims: $1.5k

All prices are ball park from HPA, ESS and Tire Rack

The total would be rather large:
Car: $60k
Mods: $31k

This car would be $91k - no tax on anything yet.

Now: lets compare this Uber M3 to the (used) competition: (using autotrader)

1) 2012 911 (991) - $99k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28293280&Log=0

2) 2013 GTR - 92k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...27469191&Log=0

3) 2012 Corvette Z06 - $83k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28115131&Log=0

4) Caddie CTS-V Coupe: $63k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28380645&Log=0

5) Wait for the 2014 F80 M3

I need golf clubs in the car.... and yes, this is a show stopper - I don't care what anybody says. I want 1 car, but it has to be somewhat useful like my 3 series is now.

911 is pretty much out - which is really sad, I love the 991.

Not sure if I get 2 sets of clubs in a GTR - can you?

Corvette would work and it would pretty much be the same performance as
the modded M3.

I guess the caddie CTS V is in there too... but would have to be modded... check that, I don't think it would be in the league with the modded M3, and I don't really like them that much.

My questions are:
1) What is in the running?
2) Is my price on the modded M3 too high?
3) can you drive a GTR in the winter?
4) Can you drive a corvette in the winter? I hear the rain is bad enough and it turns into a death trap.

I guess where I could compromise on the M3 to get cost down a bit:
- Keep stock brakes
- Supercharger stays though, the stock M3 needs more grunt - but can you get this cheaper?
- I could just get springs and camber plates
- exhaust and tires stay.

What do you guys think? Are there other options for a SINGLE car? I don't want get 2 cars so don't propose it.

I could wait for the F80 M3 - I have time... but that car would have to be modded to get the power up too. Twin turbo will certainly be modable.... to probably insane numbers.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines

Last edited by DaFish; 08-20-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Alex07M3
Colonel
27
Rep
2,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

if price is an issue, why go with an Akra system, you could just go with test pipes and the OEM exhaust mod for 1/5 of the price with the same gain in performance!? Also, if you're on a budget and you want a minimum of 550hp, why go with a 650+hp set-up and ask where you could compromise to get the cost down!?
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I currently have a 335 fully modded. I am not putting another dime into it. It does really perform well, but it is not up to the performance standard that I wanted.

NEEDS:
- minimum 550 hp
- no shimmy when under full throttle - has to brake and accell in a straight line (my 335 doesn't do that)
- full comforts - 335 is the standard for all the creature comforts
- 2 sets of golf clubs mandatory
- Canadian winter driven in the snow - 4 snows go on

I THINK my next car should be this (used prices in US$):

2012/2013 M3 Comp ($60k) with the following mods: $60k
1) E9x M3 VT2-625 Intercooled Supercharger System: $14k
2) Coilovers - say the KW V3s, with camber plates: $3.5k
3) Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust System for BMW E9X M3 - $6k
4) Stoptech Big Brake Kit E90 E92 E93 M3: Front/rear - $6k
5) Rims/Tires - 265/275 PSS rubber on comp rims: $1.5k

All prices are ball park from HPA, ESS and Tire Rack

The total would be rather large:
Car: $60k
Mods: $31k

This car would be $91k - no tax on anything yet.

Now: lets compare this Uber M3 to the (used) competition: (using autotrader)

1) 2012 911 (991) - $99k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28293280&Log=0

2) 2013 GTR - 92k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...27469191&Log=0

3) 2012 Corvette Z06 - $83k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28115131&Log=0

4) Caddie CTS-V Coupe: $63k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...28380645&Log=0

5) Wait for the 2014 F80 M3

I need golf clubs in the car.... and yes, this is a show stopper - I don't care what anybody says. I want 1 car, but it has to be somewhat useful like my 3 series is now.

911 is pretty much out - which is really sad, I love the 991.

Not sure if I get 2 sets of clubs in a GTR - can you?

Corvette would work and it would pretty much be the same performance as
the modded M3.

I guess the caddie CTS V is in there too... but would have to be modded... check that, I don't think it would be in the league with the modded M3, and I don't really like them that much.

My questions are:
1) What is in the running?
2) Is my price on the modded M3 too high?
3) can you drive a GTR in the winter?
4) Can you drive a corvette in the winter? I hear the rain is bad enough and it turns into a death trap.

I guess where I could compromise on the M3 to get cost down a bit:
- Keep stock brakes
- Supercharger stays though, the stock M3 needs more grunt - but can you get this cheaper?
- I could just get springs and camber plates
- exhaust and tires stay.

What do you guys think? Are there other options for a SINGLE car? I don't want get 2 cars so don't propose it.

I could wait for the F80 M3 - I have time... but that car would have to be modded to get the power up too. Twin turbo will certainly be modable.... to probably insane numbers.

Why don't you just buy my M3?

Check out the link here --> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722658



Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
CPWINCH's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,550
Posts

 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (5)

go with the gtr, or go with biglares m3 and save a lot of money
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
McKenna Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
19
Rep
405
Posts


 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwalk, Ca

iTrader: (7)

I think the M3 modded to that extent would be a lot more car than any of those options. Plus, if you decide to purchase all those modifications at once, any vendor such as us would give you a HUGE bundled discount. Not to mention we could fully build ( to your specifications) a lightly used M3 we have and ship it directly to you with everything already installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Optherion
Lieutenant
Optherion's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Why not just get the GT-R. Fits 2 golf bags and then some. I wouldnt recommend it as a daily driver. It is up there in the comfort level with the GT3 lol. Why install all of those parts on the M3 when you can out of the box get the GT-R. GT-R basic Bolt-ons are stupid fast for about $5k.

Or as everyone said buy that members m3. Low mileage and has all of the work done already.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
alms211
Banned
9
Rep
746
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

If I were you, I would go with the M3. I don't care what anyone says, the 911 is not a good DD car. I have a 997 Turbo which I love but absolutely hate craming my golf clubs in the back seat (and that is just one bag...you indicate that you need room for two). It is a royal PIA. I don't DD my 997 Turbo as it just isn't condusive due to various reasons (lack of space, noise, etc.) I DD my 4Runner and I think after 12 months of driving it as my DD that will be about all I can take. Come Spring time I will most likely sell the 997 Turbo and go back to an E92 M3 and SC it with ESS and use it as my DD and use the 4Runner for crappy weather/hauling the dog.

Your price for a '12/'13 at $60K seems a bit low to me. An '11 is certainly attainable at $60K.

The Z06 is not a "one car" type either (speak from experience here as well). The car can be frightening on dry pavement. On wet surfaces and even an inkling of snow the car is useless.

CTS-V --- while nice perfromance wise just doesn't do it for me looks wise.

GT-R -- ride quality and interior noises would kill it for me as a DD.

Think about an RS5 or MB C63 AMG?

Last edited by alms211; 08-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Why don't you just buy my M3?

Check out the link here --> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722658



PM'd
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
if price is an issue, why go with an Akra system, you could just go with test pipes and the OEM exhaust mod for 1/5 of the price with the same gain in performance!? Also, if you're on a budget and you want a minimum of 550hp, why go with a 650+hp set-up and ask where you could compromise to get the cost down!?
I like the sound of the akra system. Not sure if I like the others and exhaust note is a big issue. Has to be performance, but not too loud that my wife won't go in the car.

The supercharger: I read a few threads that people who got the 550 SC were disappointed they didn't go with the 620 after a bit. I figure in for a penny, in for a pound.

Skimp on the brakes (stock brakes are decent) for a while, maybe just do the springs with Swifts.... and save for the brakes/suspension in a year.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Why not just get the GT-R. Fits 2 golf bags and then some. I wouldnt recommend it as a daily driver. It is up there in the comfort level with the GT3 lol. Why install all of those parts on the M3 when you can out of the box get the GT-R. GT-R basic Bolt-ons are stupid fast for about $5k.

Or as everyone said buy that members m3. Low mileage and has all of the work done already.
Car is a DD. I heard the new GT-R has a much better ride that the last one. Not sure how that is relatively to the modded M3 with coil overs though.

The GTR is certainly an option. I may hold on to the 335 for a year and wait for a 2013 to come on used with more power, better ride, better handling. People are raving about that car. I'll have to read up on the daily driving issues some more.

I will also have to read up on the M3 suspension mods as a DD too.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
If I were you, I would go with the M3. I don't care what anyone says, the 911 is not a good DD car. I have a 997 Turbo which I love but absolutely hate craming my golf clubs in the back seat (and that is just one bag...you indicate that you need room for two). It is a royal PIA. I don't DD my 997 Turbo as it just isn't condusive due to various reasons (lack of space, noise, etc.) I DD my 4Runner and I think after 12 months of driving it as my DD that will be about all I can take. Come Spring time I will most likely sell the 997 Turbo and go back to an E92 M3 and SC it with ESS and use it as my DD and use the 4Runner for crappy weather/hauling the dog.

Your price for a '12/'13 at $60K seems a bit low to me. An '11 is certainly attainable at $60K.

The Z06 is not a "one car" type either (speak from experience here as well). The car can be frightening on dry pavement. On wet surfaces and even an inkling of snow the car is useless.

CTS-V --- while nice perfromance wise just doesn't do it for me looks wise.

GT-R -- ride quality and interior noises would kill it for me as a DD.

Think about an RS5 or MB C63 AMG?
I think the Z06 is out. It would be perfect if I could leave the car in the garage and take it out to the track and on sunny days in the summer. ... I can't do that.

CTS-V - I'll go and drive it... but it maybe out. I don't like it too much. My direct neighbour has a CTS coupe and it is ok.... but just ok. The inside has a bit of "bling" to me. Not as classy as the M3.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
PM'd
PM replied! Lets work it out!


Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
erm324
Major
No_Country
29
Rep
1,055
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

If I were you I would buy the car new, because realistically the previous owner of the M3/GTR/Z06/ etc... you buy has probably beaten the living shit out of the car. If your willing to shell out 99k on a 991 porsche, why just get a new GTR or Z06 or CTSV for roughly the same price? A used car will always have some history behind it that you'll never be aware of, and the consequences caused by the abuse will probably manifest themselves by the time your owner imho. Good luck with your choice man
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
Longboarder
Brigadier General
66
Rep
3,810
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
DaFish - we are thinking alike. We have the same performance mods on our 335. I was contemplating the same thing as you (M3+blower or GTR or 911T or ...) about 6 months ago and decided on the M3. Picked up the Akra and catless mid pipe already and am looking at an ESS VT2 600 kit right now...and my M3 should be here any day now (ordered a 2013).

I did actually race biglare in my 335 in a roll-on event and that thing is wicked! Would be terrific to see that car go to someone like you.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
unclejesse1
Private First Class
Philippines
1
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: 13 f13 M6 Sakhir, 12 GTR SS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Irvine/Pasadena

iTrader: (0)

your cant go wrong with the GTR
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Alex07M3
Colonel
27
Rep
2,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I like the sound of the akra system. Not sure if I like the others and exhaust note is a big issue. Has to be performance, but not too loud that my wife won't go in the car.

The supercharger: I read a few threads that people who got the 550 SC were disappointed they didn't go with the 620 after a bit. I figure in for a penny, in for a pound.

Skimp on the brakes (stock brakes are decent) for a while, maybe just do the springs with Swifts.... and save for the brakes/suspension in a year.
If the exhaust note is something important for you then the GT-R is probably not a good car for you, as for the M3, plenty of exhausts have real nice sound but for me the best set-up would be the M Performance with a test pipe! For now I have a Corsa which sound exeptionally good but I always prefer OEM parts.

As for the VT1-535, I've seen some DCT M3s running mid 11s at 125+mph on street tires, I don't know about you, but for me that's fast enough. In fact, I just received my VT1, I'll probably install it next week, my car is manuel so I wont be as fast but that will be enough for me, it's not like the car is slow in stock form so 150 more ponys with the test pipe I'm planning to put should be more then enough!

Also, I have Eibach springs with 255/295 AD08s on ZCPs and I could'nt ask for a better ride for a DD, If your'e planning to track a lot, then maybe coilovers and a brake upgrade would be nice but If like me you only track once or twice a year, I woul'nt change the stock ones as they are perfect in the streets and good enough at the track! GL with the project!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
DaFish
2008 335i E92, Almost full mods
Canada
23
Rep
1,077
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i E92, Procede V5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
If the exhaust note is something important for you then the GT-R is probably not a good car for you, as for the M3, plenty of exhausts have real nice sound but for me the best set-up would be the M Performance with a test pipe! For now I have a Corsa which sound exeptionally good but I always prefer OEM parts.

As for the VT1-535, I've seen some DCT M3s running mid 11s at 125+mph on street tires, I don't know about you, but for me that's fast enough. In fact, I just received my VT1, I'll probably install it next week, my car is manuel so I wont be as fast but that will be enough for me, it's not like the car is slow in stock form so 150 more ponys with the test pipe I'm planning to put should be more then enough!

Also, I have Eibach springs with 255/295 AD08s on ZCPs and I could'nt ask for a better ride for a DD, If your'e planning to track a lot, then maybe coilovers and a brake upgrade would be nice but If like me you only track once or twice a year, I woul'nt change the stock ones as they are perfect in the streets and good enough at the track! GL with the project!
Great post, thanks. I sure wish I could ride in a car that has a SC in it.... it would help a lot. No idea who has one in Toronto Ontario.

255/295s - that has increased your stagger. Did you notice the understeer increase?

I'll watch for your thread on your review on the SC.
__________________
2008 335i E92 Black, Procede Rev 2.5 (11-1 map), BMS DCI, AR Catless DPs, AMS FMIC, Procede PWM Meth, Forge DVs, CDV delete, 230s w/ 235/265 Michelin PSS, Dinan S3 susp w/ front/rear M3 arms (4), Wavetrac LSD, Subframe bushings, Dinan Rear Sway, Rogue toe arms, Stoptech Slotted rotors, Stoptech Street pads w/ steel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #18
Alex07M3
Colonel
27
Rep
2,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Great post, thanks. I sure wish I could ride in a car that has a SC in it.... it would help a lot. No idea who has one in Toronto Ontario.

255/295s - that has increased your stagger. Did you notice the understeer increase?

I'll watch for your thread on your review on the SC.
Oh did'nt realized you were in Toronto, I'm 5min from Ottawa on the Québec side! Almost neighbours!

Before I bought the VT1 I spoke to a couple of guys who has the kit and they all assured me that it was as fast as expected, now it's you that need to know if 550hp seem enough for you but personally I don't need more then that, playing in the 911TT territory for half the price is all I ask!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
234
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
If the exhaust note is something important for you then the GT-R is probably not a good car for you, as for the M3, plenty of exhausts have real nice sound but for me the best set-up would be the M Performance with a test pipe! For now I have a Corsa which sound exeptionally good but I always prefer OEM parts.

The GTR sounds great with just an aftermarket midpipe -- resonated or unresonated.

It won't sound like a high rpm V8, but it will sound good!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
Alex07M3
Colonel
27
Rep
2,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
The GTR sounds great with just an aftermarket midpipe -- resonated or unresonated.

It won't sound like a high rpm V8, but it will sound good!
Maybe, but the one that I eard with a full exhaust sounded really ugly and the stock exhaust just does'nt sound! Anyway If the guy is willing to pay 6k for an exhaust(on a car that sound really good with almost any exhaust) just because he thinks it's the best sounding one, I'm pretty sure he'd be disapointed with the GT-R sound with any exhaust!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Maybe, but the one that I eard with a full exhaust sounded really ugly and the stock exhaust just does'nt sound! Anyway If the guy is willing to pay 6k for an exhaust(on a car that sound really good with almost any exhaust) just because he thinks it's the best sounding one, I'm pretty sure he'd be disapointed with the GT-R sound with any exhaust!
my gtr with a 2500 dollar exhaust sounds pretty damn nice. I get many many compliments from people about the sound all the time

__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
Longboarder
Brigadier General
66
Rep
3,810
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
As for the VT1-535, I've seen some DCT M3s running mid 11s at 125+mph on street tires, I don't know about you, but for me that's fast enough. In fact, I just received my VT1, I'll probably install it next week, my car is manuel so I wont be as fast but that will be enough for me, it's not like the car is slow in stock form so 150 more ponys with the test pipe I'm planning to put should be more then enough!
LostMarine is doing a chronological write up on the other board about his 535 kit. He's somewhere in the 118 to 119 trap range at Atco at this point with meth injection. Without meth I think he was down a few mph. It's hot so I think he could get a few more mph with lower temps. 125mph trap is really fast...and I'm guessing you'd need a lot of supporting mods to do that with the 535 kit.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST