BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #507
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,054
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Damn did not know they were the worst.
Yup... They're 11-38.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #508
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
77
Rep
4,879
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
It's on national TV. Of course he gotta shoot lights out. He got 0 assist against Celtics. Surprising considering how they were playing last 5 games
oh you mean just like this heat game 5 assist in the first quarter..on national TV. oh man that felt good
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #509
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
oh you mean just like this heat game 5 assist in the first quarter..on national TV. oh man that felt good
Lol, where were you 3 days ago? You had to wait 3 days to reply to my post that wasn't even the same game I was referring to. How convenient for you.

Kobe still shooting.. 20 shots/ 28 points.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #510
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
M3forMe's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
531
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Lol, where were you 3 days ago? You had to wait 3 days to reply to my post that wasn't even the same game I was referring to. How convenient for you.

Kobe still shooting.. 20 shots/ 28 points.
Kobe's shooting had nothing to do with that loss. The turnovers and horrific defense on Lebron killed them.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #511
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

Against the celtics, it should be noted that bryant only took 15 shots. And look at Nash's assists in that game, only 5 assists.

With that said, way to much iso with bryant against the heat. I don't mind if he shoots a lot, but too much post up with no variety or movement. This trend seems to have started with the celtics game. Hard to get assists or hit an open man when there's no cutting and everyone is compacted on the other side of the floor.

Again, I don't mind Kobe posting up, but just the way the offense was ran, I'm not a fan of. Iso/post up on every play and forcing it in/causing turnovers. It's like the clippers style of play in the 4th.

But surprised that lots of the heat players were going for all of Kobe's fakes
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #512
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

You guys focus way to much on the "number" of shots Kobe takes. The way the shots come in the flow of offense is more important than the sheer number.

Earl Clark almost had as many attempts as Kobe in that game. You can't tell that much by FGAs alone
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #513
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Kobe's shooting had nothing to do with that loss. The turnovers and horrific defense on Lebron killed them.
Kobe's shooting wasn't the main reason they lost but it contributed to the loss. He had way too many low percentage shot. Sure he made some but he missed a lot also. You have to understand that when Kobe takes bad shot it knocks the momentum out of the rest of the team. Howard was pretty effective on the post in the first half but they stopped going to him in the second half.

What Kobe needs to do is let Nash run the offense. Kobe wants the ball too much. Nash plays more like a role player vs the reason the Lakers brought him into their team for is to anchor the offense. But Nash is just standing behind the arc waiting for Kobe to pass the ball to him when he's getting doubled team. I rarely see any pick and roll with Nash + Howard.

Also, instead of having Kobe jamming the ball to Howard in the post. That led to 2-3 turnovers. Nash should be responsible for that role.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #514
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
M3forMe's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
531
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
You guys focus way to much on the "number" of shots Kobe takes. The way the shots come in the flow of offense is more important than the sheer number.

Earl Clark almost had as many attempts as Kobe in that game. You can't tell that much by FGAs alone
Your wrong. All the pros on here blame Kobe for every loss. Either he takes too many shots, doesn't get enough assists, plays bad defense etc etc. Only if Kobe has a perfect game and they win do the haters not come on here and blame him. I am surprised they haven't blamed him for Pau's injury some how.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #515
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

I agree that the offense should run through Nash more often, but before Kobe became more of a "passer," Nash leading the offense didn't work out very well either.....

I hope no one is wondering what the worth of Gasol is after the last three games.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #516
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
M3forMe's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
531
Posts

 
Drives: 13 E92 - AW
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Kobe's shooting wasn't the main reason they lost but it contributed to the loss. He had way too many low percentage shot. Sure he made some but he missed a lot also. You have to understand that when Kobe takes bad shot it knocks the momentum out of the rest of the team. Howard was pretty effective on the post in the first half but they stopped going to him in the second half.

What Kobe needs to do is let Nash run the offense. Kobe wants the ball too much. Nash plays more like a role player vs the reason the Lakers brought him into their team for is to anchor the offense. But Nash is just standing behind the arc waiting for Kobe to pass the ball to him when he's getting doubled team. I rarely see any pick and roll with Nash + Howard.

Also, instead of having Kobe jamming the ball to Howard in the post. That led to 2-3 turnovers. Nash should be responsible for that role.
You are accurate just like all the others on here. Trade Kobe and the Lakers will win the championship. He is a loser.
__________________

2013 AW/BLK - DCT, Comp/Cold/Prem
Mods - IND Beauty kit, CF Roundels, CF Splitters, AiB Angel Eyes, EAS Exhaust Tips! B&G lowering springs
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #517
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Your wrong. All the pros on here blame Kobe for every loss. Either he takes too many shots, doesn't get enough assists, plays bad defense etc etc. Only if Kobe has a perfect game and they win do the haters not come on here and blame him. I am surprised they haven't blamed him for Pau's injury some how.
Imagine if Michael Jordan had the best center in the league, one of the best power forward in the league, and still the top 3 PG in the league (after CP3, rondo) and can't get to .500. Of course everyone would be bashing MJ.

Remember how everyone criticize how Lebron had a POS team in Cavs and couldn't win a championship. The whole world criticized Lebron for choking even though he was doing all he could do to help his team win.

When you are the best player of the team and especially how hyped up Kobe is, every mistake will be criticized. And like I said since the beginning of the season. This team will not win with Kobe taking 20+ shots. Howard needs touches, Gasol needs touches, and most importantly the anchor of the offense Nash needs more touches.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #518
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Imagine if Michael Jordan had the best center in the league, one of the best power forward in the league, and still the top 3 PG in the league (after CP3, rondo) and can't get to .500. Of course everyone would be bashing MJ.

Remember how everyone criticize how Lebron had a POS team in Cavs and couldn't win a championship. The whole world criticized Lebron for choking even though he was doing all he could do to help his team win.

When you are the best player of the team and especially how hyped up Kobe is, every mistake will be criticized. And like I said since the beginning of the season. This team will not win with Kobe taking 20+ shots. Howard needs touches, Gasol needs touches, and most importantly the anchor of the offense Nash needs more touches.
It simple Jordan was a smarter player and a better player at 34, the lakers are playing well though, they just had a rough start, the NBA is a tuff league we talk but none of us have played in a NBA game I think?:thumbsu
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #519
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,054
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
The turnovers and horrific defense on Lebron killed them.
Yup, eight turnovers in the fourth quarter alone and nonexistent transition defense... I had a feeling they'd blow up after playing the Heat tough for the first three quarters.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #520
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
18
Rep
1,767
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (1)

Yeah turnovers (many due to poor offense) and lack of rebounding did them in.

Why does is it always turn into jordan comparisons? With a top center and a top PG, I'm sure jordan would still take over 20 shots. Regardless of who was on his team, he would still dominate the ball while he was on the floor. Would he make others around him better, sure, but he would still put up shots.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #521
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
bmw1racer's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,054
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 128i Coupe 6MT Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Why does is it always turn into jordan comparisons?
Because people feel the need to take jabs at Kobe.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #522
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Their problem is that they can't play defense. It's not that they don't want to, or don't have a good defensive coach, it's just that they physically can't. Nash is too old and too slow, Kobe doesn't have the energy, Dwight is obviously still injured he can barely jump, Gasol has mental issues, and Artest isn't consistent enough.

Older experienced teams used to dominate the NBA, but now that you have teams Like Miami, Oklahoma, Clippers, that have a bunch of young stars, experience isn't enough. The Spurs are a great example, they have had the same core for years, and their chemistry together gets them a great seed. But by the time they get to the playoffs they tire out. The Lakers might have had a better record right now if they had some chemistry, but they still wouldn't be able to last in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #523
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
77
Rep
4,879
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Lol, where were you 3 days ago? You had to wait 3 days to reply to my post that wasn't even the same game I was referring to. How convenient for you.

Kobe still shooting.. 20 shots/ 28 points.
cause 3 days ago this heat game wasnt on so i cant rub it in. failure to grab defensive rebounds was why they lost. god that still felt soo good
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #524
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
5,136
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

It was a solid game until the 4th quarter. All game they were killing us on the boards but what cost us in the end was the turnovers in the 4th.

Suns on Tuesday. Should be a blowout since the Suns won the last one. This should be a revenge game.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #525
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Their problem is that they can't play defense. It's not that they don't want to, or don't have a good defensive coach, it's just that they physically can't. Nash is too old and too slow, Kobe doesn't have the energy, Dwight is obviously still injured he can barely jump, Gasol has mental issues, and Artest isn't consistent enough.

Older experienced teams used to dominate the NBA, but now that you have teams Like Miami, Oklahoma, Clippers, that have a bunch of young stars, experience isn't enough. The Spurs are a great example, they have had the same core for years, and their chemistry together gets them a great seed. But by the time they get to the playoffs they tire out. The Lakers might have had a better record right now if they had some chemistry, but they still wouldn't be able to last in the playoffs.
Good analogy
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #526
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Yeah turnovers (many due to poor offense) and lack of rebounding did them in.

Why does is it always turn into jordan comparisons? With a top center and a top PG, I'm sure jordan would still take over 20 shots. Regardless of who was on his team, he would still dominate the ball while he was on the floor. Would he make others around him better, sure, but he would still put up shots.
Nah just made a point There is no comparison. James and Wade are a handful no matter who's on the other end.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #527
ja.
Ja
Canada
1
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
cause 3 days ago this heat game wasnt on so i cant rub it in. failure to grab defensive rebounds was why they lost. god that still felt soo good
such a troll
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #528
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Yeah turnovers (many due to poor offense) and lack of rebounding did them in.

Why does is it always turn into jordan comparisons? With a top center and a top PG, I'm sure jordan would still take over 20 shots. Regardless of who was on his team, he would still dominate the ball while he was on the floor. Would he make others around him better, sure, but he would still put up shots.
Because everyone wants to compare Kobe to Jordan. And some people here likes to say that Kobe is better than Jordan.

The difference between Jordan and Kobe is they both are pure scorer. But Jordan took way more higher percentage shot and actually made it. Kobe forces the issue by isolation and playing 1 on 1 basketball and leaving the team hanging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
cause 3 days ago this heat game wasnt on so i cant rub it in. failure to grab defensive rebounds was why they lost. god that still felt soo good
How old are you? 16? What is your point? Lakers still loss. I guess you love seeing your team lose.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST