BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

INDustry distribution

08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #89
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
how come you didn't get in on the deal?
Don't think he wanted us to tune his car again
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #90
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Don't think he wanted us to tune his car again
oh
no wonder he keeps bragging about the product.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #91
kawasaki00
Major

Drives: E92

Quote:
oh
no wonder he keeps bragging about the product.
Better that smack talking it.

One question, if I start out with the tune just for the stock car will I have to pay again when I get my cats deleted to get stage 2? I noticed on the web site it talked about a fee for changing from one stage to the next.
      08-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #92
Evolved M3
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

EDIT:

Code works now!

Last edited by Evolved M3; 08-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #93
DVG 335
Private

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I can also confirm that the code is now working correctly. I can't wait to get this on my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #94
sTo0p_Ed
Private First Class

Drives: E90 M3 SSII & Turbo Integra

Send a message via AIM to sTo0p_Ed
Order just placed.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #95
kawasaki00
Major

Drives: E92

Order placed as well.
      08-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #96
e92zero
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 BW

^I still haven't received any code/links?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #97
330iToy
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: 2011.75 M3 Space Gray

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Can I get in on this still?
      08-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #98
tikas
Enlisted Member
Taiwan

Drives: 07 e92 335i /11 e93 m3

count me in!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #99
Evolved M3
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iToy View Post
Can I get in on this still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikas View Post
count me in!!!!
For you two above...see below...posted on the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Not too late.

I will PM everyone the discount code with the link to buy.

If anyone else wants to join the GB just PM for the discount code. We will leave it open for 1 week. The Evolve-R will start shipping immediately.
      08-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #100
jtvr4
Private
United_States

Drives: 2008 M3

I'm in. Just let me know when I need to pay. I'll be needing stage 2 it looks like. No cats, and drop in filter.
      08-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #101
elusiveOne
///M
United_States

Drives: //15 AW/SO M4

Just placed my order..! Can't wait to remove the Dinan Stage 2 tune and try this out..!
      08-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #102
Evolved M3
Private First Class

Wow this is becoming so much more frustrating than i thought it would be. For anyone who is trying to download the software (its downloaded via a link). Do not use the link provided on the actual product packaging. This took me a while to sort out myself as its Sunday so i couldn't call for customer service. I used the link on the package i received and i kept getting an error that it wouldn't read the USB device (uninstall...install...same thing). I do recall seeing a link in my email when i purchased the product but i would think its the same. After doing some research, i read about newer software links so i tried the link from my email and it worked fine. I can't speak for everyone as maybe they started fixing the link on the package also. But to be safe and save time...just use the link in your email.

Then my luck continues...estimated time of 35min to read the ECU. Start the process, go in the house, come out half hour later...laptop completely off. Turn it on, still 75% battery. I have a MacBook and haven't used a PC based laptop in a while. It boggles me how a PC laptop can turn itself completely off while it has a USB connection hooked up and is in the process of reading something Maybe it was sleep mode, but i didn't know sleep mode basically turns your PC laptop off...for Macs it just makes the screen black.

Will update later this week once i get the new tune in! I did call Evolve earlier in the week with some questions and they are great to talk with and very helpful so im not bashing them...but it would have been nice to know the link on the package was for the old software.

Last edited by Evolved M3; 08-26-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #103
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved M3 View Post
Wow this is becoming so much more frustrating than i thought it would be. For anyone who is trying to download the software (its downloaded via a link). Do not use the link provided on the actual product packaging. This took me a while to sort out myself as its Sunday so i couldn't call for customer service. I used the link on the package i received and i kept getting an error that it wouldn't read the USB device (uninstall...install...same thing). I do recall seeing a link in my email when i purchased the product but i would think its the same. After doing some research, i read about newer software links so i tried the link from my email and it worked fine. I can't speak for everyone as maybe they started fixing the link on the package also. But to be safe and save time...just use the link in your email.

Then my luck continues...estimated time of 35min to read the ECU. Start the process, go in the house, come out half hour later...laptop completely off. Turn it on, still 75% battery. I have a MacBook and haven't used a PC based laptop in a while. It boggles me how a PC laptop can turn itself completely off while it has a USB connection hooked up and is in the process of reading something Maybe it was sleep mode, but i didn't know sleep mode basically turns your PC laptop off...for Macs it just makes the screen black.

Will update later this week once i get the new tune in! I did call Evolve earlier in the week with some questions and they are great to talk with and very helpful so im not bashing them...but it would have been nice to know the link on the package was for the old software.
Wow. I haven't tried it because I was at the STBMW meet. Didn't want to chance it. I will work on it by Tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #104
DVG 335
Private

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

I used the link from the email and didn't have any issues. I had the 35 minute+ read time as well.

Definitely go into the power settings on your PC and turn off the sleep functionality, as this sounds like what interrupted the reading of your file. I do agree with you though that if a computer is processing/reading something via USB, that it is ridiculous for it to shut down with so much battery life left.

Good luck getting this all sorted out.

DVG
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #105
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon

so i installed the zip file from the email.
I downloaded it. Connected the cable, and continued with reading the file. IS that it? Or do I still need to email Evolve and them sending me a file to install?
Kind of confused.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #106
Evolved M3
Private First Class

Quote:
so i installed the zip file from the email.
I downloaded it. Connected the cable, and continued with reading the file. IS that it? Or do I still need to email Evolve and them sending me a file to install?
Kind of confused.
Did you do the full read/calibration? Once you hook it up it will do a quick little read thing and then you have to click the top button (i forget what it says, i think theres about 3). Once you click it, it will ask 1 of 2 ways to read it. Click the one that says full calibration, should take around 35min. If you did this already...then you need to email that file over to the email provided in the instructions. When you downloaded the software it also included a PDF file with instructions, did you read it over? Send the file to email they ask along with all the information they request (mods, rev limit, speed limit, octane etc). It's all in the instructions. Then they will adjust your stock tune fit for your mods and email you the new tune.

I emailed them last night so im waiting for my new file to come.
      08-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #107
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon

Quote:
Did you do the full read/calibration? Once you hook it up it will do a quick little read thing and then you have to click the top button (i forget what it says, i think theres about 3). Once you click it, it will ask 1 of 2 ways to read it. Click the one that says full calibration, should take around 35min. If you did this already...then you need to email that file over to the email provided in the instructions. When you downloaded the software it also included a PDF file with instructions, did you read it over? Send the file to email they ask along with all the information they request (mods, rev limit, speed limit, octane etc). It's all in the instructions. Then they will adjust your stock tune fit for your mods and email you the new tune.

I emailed them last night so im waiting for my new file to come.
my computer is super slowwww. I don't normally use that laptop. I have a MAC, but can't use MAC. I will attempt again tomorrow. it is too darn hot now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #108
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Came back in from a long weekend (National Holiday here yesterday) to see many of you have sent your stock maps in.

We are working through them in received order and will have them back to you as soon as we can.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #109
dcs2k
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

I'm keen, please sent me a pm how to go about order.

P.s I'm currently running a dinan stage 2 tune on Akra Eco. Do I need to have the tune uninstall first? Was hoping the Evolve tune can overwrite it if possible. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #110
e92zero
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 BW

Got my cable, installed the software. But I won't have my car til the weekend. Bummer. Can't wait.

Question for the people that got the tune already, are you guys getting 2 files from Evolve? One stock 231E and one tuned 231E?
Appreciate 0