|07-30-2012, 11:37 AM||#1|
Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: El Paso
Benvo Coding on 08 335i and 09 M3
I had coding this weekend by Mike Benvo and the results are fantastic. The 335i is an AT w/o iDrive and the M3 is a 6MT w/ iDrive. I had the following features coded:
1) Enable DVD in Motion (09 – 12 Cars). Works great. My daughter loves it.
2) Disable iDrive “accept” message on startup
3) Turn off iDrive Fasten Belts Warning
4) Add a fuel stop suggestion option. Haven't tried this one yet.
5) Folding the mirrors with Comfort Access. This works in the same way your windows go up if you hold the handle when you lock the car. The mirrors are the first to action and you don't have to hold the handle the entire time they are folding. When you unlock the car using the comfort access the mirrors unfold. The only caveat to this is that if you use the interior mirror folding button to fold the mirrors, you have to use the button to unfold. The mirrors only unfold using comfort access if you used comfort access to fold them.
6) Make the low fuel warning come on earlier or later (comes on around 40 miles remaining instead of the annoying 70)
7) Euro MDM mode activation. Less intrusive than the US spec. I haven't really tested the limits of this yet, but I've taken a couple aggressive corners and the MDM didn't even flinch.
8) Remove seat belt gong
9) Add instantaneous digital MPG to M cars
1) Enable angel eye Daytime Running Lights for pre 2008 vehicles. My daytime running lights were the inside headlights. Now it's the angel eyes.
2) Add the digital velocity to Non‐M cars (V=## mph)
3) Increase voltage to angel eyes. I'm using GP Thunders on my 335i. The increase made the lights brighter and actually visible during the day.
1) Automatic Unlock when key is removed / car is turned off (no double pull!). Automatic locking has to be enabled. If you manually lock the car it still takes two pulls.
2) Set the sunroof to automatically close when rain is detected. The automatic rain sensor has to be turned on for this to work.
3) Allow the windows to move up and down even with door interruption
4) Allow the wipers to complete their cycle after the car is turned off
5) Turn off amber corners when headlights on. Looks awesome. The less amber the better. Blinkers still work normal.
6) Turn off headlight corner LED’s when headlights on
7) Remove the over optimistic correction to the digital speed display
Working with Mike was very easy. He mailed out the cable and a disk and backed up the disk with an email of downloadable files. It's 7 GB of data, so download well before the scheduled coding time. Mike was patient and waited without issue for me to finish the downloads because my computer didn't like the disk. I sent Mike a list of the coding options I wanted so he could just work without having to ask a bunch of questions.
As soon as we were connected, Mike remoted into my laptop and started the coding. Note: If you are running a Vishnu Procede make sure you are in map 0 during the coding. He was done with my 335i in about 15 minutes. He was done in the M3 after about 30.
This is well worth the hassle free effort. A must for anyone interested in fine tuning the options in their car. I'll be doing it again when I buy my X3 later this year.
'09 E90 M3 SG | VF620 SC | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | BPM Sport coding | AA Catless Exhaust | BMW Performance Wheel | Recaro Child Seat
'13 X3 DSB with M Sport | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me
|07-31-2012, 09:34 PM||#2|
Drives: 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: El Paso, TX
Awesome experience Coding with Mike Benvo
I as well had coding done to my 2011 M3 E92 yesterday, and couldn't be happier. Seems like a whole new car with a lot of new features. Mike makes the process very easy and friendly, explains and details any questions you may have. This is the list of features coded on my car:
1) Enable DVD in Motion (09 – 12 Cars)
2) Disable iDrive “accept” message on startup
3) Add DSC Off option to MDrive settings
4) Rolling of windows and sunroof up with the key (holding lock)?
5) Folding the mirrors with the key (holding lock)
6) Automatic Unlock when key is removed / car is turned off (no double pull!)
7) Set the sunroof to automatically close when rain is detected
8) Allow the windows to move up and down even with door interruption
9) Allow the wipers to complete their cycle after the car is turned off
10) Factory Angel Eye Brightness Coding! Make it whiter and brighter!
11) Add instantaneous digital MPG to M cars
12) Remove the over optimistic correction to the digital speed display
13) Make the low fuel warning come on earlier or later (useful for M cars)
14) For e9x M3 – Euro MDM mode activation (much better than the US spec)
15) Add a fuel stop suggestion option
16) Engine "Auto Stop" last option set on start up
17) Enable all four front headlights for brights and brights flashing
18) Turn on the Xenons with your Trunk Button (10‐12 models)
Like Longbow64 said he ships you the cable and instructions on how to download software needed to your laptop and remotely connects to it and does all the work like magic haha.
Highly recommend this vendor and encourage anyone out there that wants to make there bmw ownership a greater experience to do it ASAP. No need to be worried about anything going wrong, knows what he's doing and process is pretty fast.
|08-12-2012, 12:20 PM||#3|
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the new features.
Jay - did you send the cable back btw? I don't think I received it
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|