BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Waiting List question / NJ

Hey guys, i was just wondering if it is too late to jump onto the waiting list for the new M. Ive been at school out of state and have not been able to visit the dealer in my home town to inquire about the deposit/waiting list (asked my finance to help me but she said she rather have me there).

I am fixed on getting the DCT tranny and was wondering if i should bother to visit my dealer and drop off a deposit. Or would it be better to sit back and wait till next year? Any opinions or tips?

Much thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
rich662
Major
rich662's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
1,031
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I don't see why you shouldn't. You have nothing to lose since these deposits are fully refundable. Also, as it gets closer to the release date of the M3, more and more people may start putting deposits down so if you want to be ahead of them, making a deposit now isn't a bad idea.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 AW/GP Thunder / Eisenmann Race/CF Grills/H&R Sport/AA SSK/ACS CF Roof Spoiler/VRS Bootlid/BBS LM-DBK 20" Champion Edition

FS: DPE LS-5 (for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
bullitt5897's Avatar
7
Rep
249
Posts

 
Drives: is300
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: atl

iTrader: (0)

get your deposit in as soon as possible so that you have the choice to take it now or wait for it later. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
cool, thnx guys. Im gonna get right on it ASAP.

Hopefully the DCT tranny will come out at the same time as the 6sp but i dout it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Update: Went to the dealer today, handed in my deposit and im 6th in line at MSRP. Now the waiting begins...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 01:31 AM   #6
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Update: Went to the dealer today, handed in my deposit and im 6th in line at MSRP. Now the waiting begins...
what dealer is this at?
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
what dealer is this at?
DiFeo at Tenefly

***
edit, lol brainfart..dunno why i put Teaneck before =P

Last edited by FifthStreetz; 06-27-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #8
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

cool I'm #2 at Prestige Ramsey.......
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #9
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
cool I'm #2 at Prestige Ramsey.......


It would be sweet if i was top 5 but im not complaining...i will be waiting for the DCT anyway so even if i was #2,3,4 ill probably get pushed back for the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

I'm on the fence about manual vs. DCT...but BMW will just make the decision for me if DCT isn't released at the same time...I am leaning a little more towards manual since it won't be a DD...& I completely aware of all the debates of which one is better or worst...once the cars are delivered stateside we'll definitely be having a couple meets so see you then...this wait is killing me though...
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #11
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
I'm on the fence about manual vs. DCT...but BMW will just make the decision for me if DCT isn't released at the same time...I am leaning a little more towards manual since it won't be a DD...& I completely aware of all the debates of which one is better or worst...once the cars are delivered stateside we'll definitely be having a couple meets so see you then...this wait is killing me though...
o for sure, it be nice to get all the new Ms together

Im pretty fixed on the DCT, this way if the fiance decides to take it grocery shopping she can do it and look hot. Hopefully the DCT will be available for march deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

your such a nice guy...my gf soon to be fiance doesn't know how to drive manual so I'm stuck driving she's not the greatest of drivers well she's not that bad but sometimes she loses focus, so no driving the M for her this thing is going to be powerful & she needs to be on her "A" game at all times...
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #13
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
your such a nice guy...my gf soon to be fiance doesn't know how to drive manual so I'm stuck driving she's not the greatest of drivers well she's not that bad but sometimes she loses focus, so no driving the M for her this thing is going to be powerful & she needs to be on her "A" game at all times...
Haha yea my girl is the same. Im gonna have to give her lessons and prepare her a few months in advance...letting a tiny girl with barely any common sense in driving handle a 400+ hp car is not very smart unless she is ready and knows what to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
kishg
Private First Class
1
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 540i/6
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

well i just got myself on the list at difeo. there's no way my wife is driving the M! I'm leaning towards manual at present but am open to DCT depending on the reviews/info. Has anyone gotten below MSRP guarantees from any dealer? just curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Below MSRP, I doubt anyone is going to be getting that for a while after this car comes out....curious if you guys called Prestige or Park Ave to see what there list is like, last time I spoke to my SA it was at 4, so depending how allocation goes you can have your car before your spot at difeo comes up...I originally was going to put a deposit at Park Ave, but the salesman was a d**k so I went walking...

on the GF driving stick, maybe I buy a $500 beater so she can at least learn, but she won't be doing any signifacant time behind the wheel even if she learns...


kishg....where in Northern Jersey are you exactly...

also check this thread out...trying to get feel & list going:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=bergen+county
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #16
kishg
Private First Class
1
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 540i/6
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
Below MSRP, I doubt anyone is going to be getting that for a while after this car comes out....curious if you guys called Prestige or Park Ave to see what there list is like, last time I spoke to my SA it was at 4, so depending how allocation goes you can have your car before your spot at difeo comes up...I originally was going to put a deposit at Park Ave, but the salesman was a d**k so I went walking...

on the GF driving stick, maybe I buy a $500 beater so she can at least learn, but she won't be doing any signifacant time behind the wheel even if she learns...


kishg....where in Northern Jersey are you exactly...

also check this thread out...trying to get feel & list going:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=bergen+county
i'm in parsippany. your not too far away. i didnt call anyone else. i have a contact through work with difeo's parent co, uag. they didnt even take a deposit from me. I agree that below msrp is going to be next to impossible on this car for at least 6mths to a year.
__________________
'05 X5/3.0 Sport (E53)
'03 540i/6 M-Sport (E39)
'91 325i/5 Sport Package (E30)
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #17
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
well i just got myself on the list at difeo. there's no way my wife is driving the M! I'm leaning towards manual at present but am open to DCT depending on the reviews/info. Has anyone gotten below MSRP guarantees from any dealer? just curious.
whos your sales guy? Did you get Fred Seigel? Hes the man, my dad has been doing business with him for awhile now...If anyone is planning to get on the list at Difeo ask for Fred, tell him David send ya~

btw what number are ya?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #18
kishg
Private First Class
1
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 540i/6
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
whos your sales guy? Did you get Fred Seigel? Hes the man, my dad has been doing business with him for awhile now...If anyone is planning to get on the list at Difeo ask for Fred, tell him David send ya~

btw what number are ya?
it will probably be fred but i dealt with martin the gm. wasnt given a number but was guaranteed a car from the first delivery. not sure what number that will translate to. i'm not in a rush to be #1 oh, i'll probably take performance center delivery in spartanburg and do the m-school while im there. anyone else planning to do this?
__________________
'05 X5/3.0 Sport (E53)
'03 540i/6 M-Sport (E39)
'91 325i/5 Sport Package (E30)
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #19
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
it will probably be fred but i dealt with martin the gm. wasnt given a number but was guaranteed a car from the first delivery. not sure what number that will translate to. i'm not in a rush to be #1 oh, i'll probably take performance center delivery in spartanburg and do the m-school while im there. anyone else planning to do this?
cool, lol if u get pushed to #1 the first person right now will be pretty pissed, hes been on the list at #1 since 05' =P

what is this M-school? Sounds interesting.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #20
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
it will probably be fred but i dealt with martin the gm. wasnt given a number but was guaranteed a car from the first delivery. not sure what number that will translate to. i'm not in a rush to be #1 oh, i'll probably take performance center delivery in spartanburg and do the m-school while im there. anyone else planning to do this?
remember the other thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67767

so yup I'm 100% positive that I'm going to do that...hey if you get your car early enough maybe we'll be getting our cars together, that would be great 2 m3's getting picked up at spartenburg, doing the m-school, & driving them back up the blue ridge deals gap ect ect together...
:rocks:
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #21
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
cool, lol if u get pushed to #1 the first person right now will be pretty pissed, hes been on the list at #1 since 05' =P

what is this M-school? Sounds interesting.
M school info here...
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...hoolcategory=4
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #22
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Whoa, a bit pricey for a one day crash course...i think ill save $ for some new wheels and take her to the track..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST