BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance
View Poll Results: Which is a better interior with MCB?
Fox Red Extended 18 30.51%
Platinum Extended 41 69.49%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

08-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 12' E92 M3

Lightbulb MCB Color Combo Help!

Hi everyone, I might be in the market for a new E92 M3.

I'm going to be getting monte carlo blue for the exterior, but i'm torn on the interior. I was so set on going fox red extended, but after I saw the individual platinum extended interior.. i got a little swayed. I hate the bamboo and I don't want black.

What do you guys think? I'm looking at it from 3 views, Aesthetically pleasing (not super silly looking), resale ability, and cost/practicality (the platinum is $3750 in addition, Fox red extended is $1000.. and plat might be harder to keep clean/maintain)

Here's a pic of a monte carlo blue m3 for those new to the color:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mcbm3/fin1.jpg

Here is a interlagos blue on fox red (closest I can get, there are no MCB w/ Fox)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90...ed-e92-m3.html

Here is platinum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...07&postcount=2
      08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
FR
      08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
NoM3ForMe
Major

Drives: '04 Quest, '07 Kia Sorrento

Send a message via MSN to NoM3ForMe
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
FR
^^This. And only this.
      08-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
dom_cmh
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

FR looks good but difficult to sell with MCB. Plat looks amazing! Way better than silver!
      08-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 09' E90 M3 AW/FR

Fox red is amazing, but so is rust brown, check out member M33, his car is OMG and COTM

Last edited by OMMMG; 08-03-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: correction
      08-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMMG View Post
Fox red is amazing, but so is rust brown, check out member M33, his car is OMG and COTM
I saw his car, very nice. I think rust brown (essentially orange) is even a little more over the top than Fox red.
      08-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

7 ppl so far, lol
      08-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Drives: ^^^^^

Quote:
this
tbone28 is offline   United_States
      08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
this
a little too over the top. orange on blue?

It's basically 50 - 50 plat and fr...

damnit not helping with an even split! lol
      08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
eclipsisNA
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
You mean to tell me everyone is voting for the Superman combo? Have you all lost your minds? That's my car in the first pic that was linked to.

Having owned a Space Gray M3 w/ Fox Red and currently own an MCB M3, MCB + FR would look horrific. The only interior colors that would work with MCB IMO are Black, Bamboo, and Platinum. They compliment MCB, not detract from it. But if you're into the Superman motif, go for it. *yikes*

MCB and Fox Red would be horrible for resale. Not many people would be into such a combo. Platinum would look beautiful on MCB and I think it would be OK for resale.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
      08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
ilya335
Private First Class

Drives: BMWs

Fox Red/Black two tone?

That's what I have on my e93 Mineral White and I think it looks great. Not over the top and looks good. You do have to deal with a bit of black though.

I never thought extended was worth it unless you do a color other than black. But FR extended is pretty out there.
      08-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP

I don't like multiple color combos... if your doing Rust Brown or FR interior then the exterior should be monochromatic, and they other way around.

The MCB is gorgeous... I would absolutely go with platinum. Its such a clean combo.

If you wear a lot of jeans keeping that platinum leather clean is going to be an epic pain in the ass. IMO its the best color for that exterior.
///M3THOD is offline   United_States
      08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant

all i can say is good luck with keeping platinum clean, just looking at it will get it dirty, hell fox red even gets dirty with jeans, but fox red will look better
      08-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Drives: ^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200 View Post
a little too over the top. orange on blue?

It's basically 50 - 50 plat and fr...

damnit not helping with an even split! lol
I think the rust brown is less over the top than FR. The FR is a more vibrant color, IMO, and the rust brown is a little more muted.

My 1st choice is platinum, but don't think it would stay that pure very long. The rust brown is a slightly more practical color, and is my 2nd choice. I wouldn't do FR
tbone28 is offline   United_States
      08-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant

also, fox red cannot be appreciated by pictures, you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, plus its not really that red, the name says it all(FOX) its a orangey red, people see it in my car and fall in love with it, now coral red which I also like that comes on non M E9X's is really red, like fire truck red, that is more SUPERMAN
      08-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
You mean to tell me everyone is voting for the Superman combo? Have you all lost your minds? That's my car in the first pic that was linked to.

Having owned a Space Gray M3 w/ Fox Red and currently own an MCB M3, MCB + FR would look horrific. The only interior colors that would work with MCB IMO are Black, Bamboo, and Platinum. They compliment MCB, not detract from it. But if you're into the Superman motif, go for it. *yikes*

MCB and Fox Red would be horrible for resale. Not many people would be into such a combo. Platinum would look beautiful on MCB and I think it would be OK for resale.

This is what i'm afraid of. I think it might just look like a toy car...

My first choice was a mineral white one on extended fox red, but I love love love that blue. I plan on buying an M4 in about 4 years, so maybe I should just get a mineral white for now and do the MCB on the M4? I hate the bamboo, but maybe it's the light; sometimes it looks cream beige, other times it looks obnoxiously brown. I like the cream beige e9x interiors because it's not too brown. Oyster was also a favorite interior for me for the e9x series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335 View Post
Fox Red/Black two tone?

That's what I have on my e93 Mineral White and I think it looks great. Not over the top and looks good. You do have to deal with a bit of black though.

I never thought extended was worth it unless you do a color other than black. But FR extended is pretty out there.
not a fan of the two tone, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
I don't like multiple color combos... if your doing Rust Brown or FR interior then the exterior should be monochromatic, and they other way around.

The MCB is gorgeous... I would absolutely go with platinum. Its such a clean combo.

If you wear a lot of jeans keeping that platinum leather clean is going to be an epic pain in the ass. IMO its the best color for that exterior.
I agree. I've heard upkeep is a pain, and i've heard upkeep was easy. I guess it just depends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
I think the rust brown is less over the top than FR. The FR is a more vibrant color, IMO, and the rust brown is a little more muted.

My 1st choice is platinum, but don't think it would stay that pure very long. The rust brown is a slightly more practical color, and is my 2nd choice. I wouldn't do FR
People keep saying this, but in the pics it looks straight ORANGE. Like super super orange. I wish someone with a nice DSLR would take a pic of it in natural sunlight, haha

Fox red isn't that vibrant, it's like a brownish brick red. I had coral red before, now that was BRIGHT.

Quote:
also, fox red cannot be appreciated by pictures, you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, plus its not really that red, the name says it all(FOX) its a orangey red, people see it in my car and fall in love with it, now coral red which I also like that comes on non M E9X's is really red, like fire truck red, that is more SUPERMAN
True. They also have a point though; it would be hard to sell.
      08-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
eclipsisNA
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200 View Post
This is what i'm afraid of. I think it might just look like a toy car...

My first choice was a mineral white one on extended fox red, but I love love love that blue. I plan on buying an M4 in about 4 years, so maybe I should just get a mineral white for now and do the MCB on the M4? I hate the bamboo, but maybe it's the light; sometimes it looks cream beige, other times it looks obnoxiously brown. I like the cream beige e9x interiors because it's not too brown. Oyster was also a favorite interior for me for the e9x series.
Don't wait if you love MCB that much. I wouldn't wait, you'll end up regretting getting white. About Bamboo, it NEVER looks brown, not even in the slightest. Have you ever seen it in person? It's a beige with a slight creme overtone to it. Go see it in person. If you like Oyster, I'm sure you'll like Bamboo.

Oyster:

Bamboo on my car:

Bamboo compliments MCB incredibly well, more so than Platinum ever would.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
      08-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
arobinsonark

Drives: Java Green 2012 E92 M3

I had fox red and it cleans up well.
arobinsonark is offline   United_States
      08-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Gins
I can't find my pants.

Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Keep it classy. Black over baby shit brown, period red, and dirt magnet platinum/silver/bamboo.
Gins is offline   No_Country
      08-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
Don't wait if you love MCB that much. I wouldn't wait, you'll end up regretting getting white. About Bamboo, it NEVER looks brown, not even in the slightest. Have you ever seen it in person? It's a beige with a slight creme overtone to it. Go see it in person. If you like Oyster, I'm sure you'll like Bamboo.

Oyster:

Bamboo on my car:

Bamboo compliments MCB incredibly well, more so than Platinum ever would.

I am leaning towards MCB over bamboo, like yours. I think it is the best combination for the price, as well as resale ability. I need to see it in person though; going to start calling around to other dealers in my area to see if I can look at one. Did you choose to opt out of the extended due to the clash it has with the black dash? I always thought every color interior looked pretty good extended, except the bamboo.

I think literally everyone who has a MCB E92 got bamboo interior. I remember one person got red/black on an e90, but I believe all e92's are bamboo. Maybe 1 was black?
      08-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Keep it classy. Black over baby shit brown, period red, and dirt magnet platinum/silver/bamboo.
Why thank you for your insightful input, lol
      08-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinsonark View Post
I had fox red and it cleans up well.
what was the exterior of your car?