BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
View Poll Results: Which is a better interior with MCB?
Fox Red Extended 18 30.51%
Platinum Extended 41 69.49%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb MCB Color Combo Help!

Hi everyone, I might be in the market for a new E92 M3.

I'm going to be getting monte carlo blue for the exterior, but i'm torn on the interior. I was so set on going fox red extended, but after I saw the individual platinum extended interior.. i got a little swayed. I hate the bamboo and I don't want black.

What do you guys think? I'm looking at it from 3 views, Aesthetically pleasing (not super silly looking), resale ability, and cost/practicality (the platinum is $3750 in addition, Fox red extended is $1000.. and plat might be harder to keep clean/maintain)


Here's a pic of a monte carlo blue m3 for those new to the color:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mcbm3/fin1.jpg

Here is a interlagos blue on fox red (closest I can get, there are no MCB w/ Fox)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90...ed-e92-m3.html

Here is platinum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...07&postcount=2
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,079
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
FR
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
NoM3ForMe
Major
 
NoM3ForMe's Avatar
 
Drives: '04 Quest, '07 Kia Sorrento
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ...location, location?

Posts: 1,424
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to NoM3ForMe
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
FR
^^This. And only this.
__________________
try { Life.Live(); } catch (Experience exp) { Console.WriteLine(exp.ToString(); } finally { Brian.Dispose(); }
"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those that read binary, and those that don't."
NoM3ForMe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
dom_cmh
First Lieutenant
 
dom_cmh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Posts: 302
iTrader: (1)

FR looks good but difficult to sell with MCB. Plat looks amazing! Way better than silver!
__________________
2008 E90 M3| Sparkling Graphite | Fox Red | 6MT | PDC | Premium Package | Tech Package | Sat Radio |
Moonroof | 19" wheels | Tint | Illuminated ZHP Knob | Increased Clutch Stop | Black Chrome "Edition" Grills
dom_cmh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant
 
OMMMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' E90 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

Fox red is amazing, but so is rust brown, check out member M33, his car is OMG and COTM
__________________
09' AW/FR E90 M3 DCT - Megan Exhaust, Black Kidneys, Tint, GP Thunder 8500k AE and Cornering, 24 LED Signals.

Last edited by OMMMG; 08-03-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: correction
OMMMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMMG View Post
Fox red is amazing, but so is rust brown, check out member M33, his car is OMG and COTM
I saw his car, very nice. I think rust brown (essentially orange) is even a little more over the top than Fox red.
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

7 ppl so far, lol
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,061
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMMG View Post
Fox red is amazing, but so is rust brown, check out member M33, his car is OMG and COTM
this
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
this
a little too over the top. orange on blue?


It's basically 50 - 50 plat and fr...

damnit not helping with an even split! lol
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,937
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
You mean to tell me everyone is voting for the Superman combo? Have you all lost your minds? That's my car in the first pic that was linked to.

Having owned a Space Gray M3 w/ Fox Red and currently own an MCB M3, MCB + FR would look horrific. The only interior colors that would work with MCB IMO are Black, Bamboo, and Platinum. They compliment MCB, not detract from it. But if you're into the Superman motif, go for it. *yikes*

MCB and Fox Red would be horrible for resale. Not many people would be into such a combo. Platinum would look beautiful on MCB and I think it would be OK for resale.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
ilya335
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West L.A.

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Fox Red/Black two tone?

That's what I have on my e93 Mineral White and I think it looks great. Not over the top and looks good. You do have to deal with a bit of black though.

I never thought extended was worth it unless you do a color other than black. But FR extended is pretty out there.
ilya335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
 
///M3THOD's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ATL/Buckhead

Posts: 1,514
iTrader: (26)

I don't like multiple color combos... if your doing Rust Brown or FR interior then the exterior should be monochromatic, and they other way around.

The MCB is gorgeous... I would absolutely go with platinum. Its such a clean combo.

If you wear a lot of jeans keeping that platinum leather clean is going to be an epic pain in the ass. IMO its the best color for that exterior.
///M3THOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant
 
OMMMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' E90 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

all i can say is good luck with keeping platinum clean, just looking at it will get it dirty, hell fox red even gets dirty with jeans, but fox red will look better
__________________
09' AW/FR E90 M3 DCT - Megan Exhaust, Black Kidneys, Tint, GP Thunder 8500k AE and Cornering, 24 LED Signals.
OMMMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 
tbone28's Avatar
 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,061
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200 View Post
a little too over the top. orange on blue?


It's basically 50 - 50 plat and fr...

damnit not helping with an even split! lol
I think the rust brown is less over the top than FR. The FR is a more vibrant color, IMO, and the rust brown is a little more muted.

My 1st choice is platinum, but don't think it would stay that pure very long. The rust brown is a slightly more practical color, and is my 2nd choice. I wouldn't do FR
tbone28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
OMMMG
Second Lieutenant
 
OMMMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' E90 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

also, fox red cannot be appreciated by pictures, you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, plus its not really that red, the name says it all(FOX) its a orangey red, people see it in my car and fall in love with it, now coral red which I also like that comes on non M E9X's is really red, like fire truck red, that is more SUPERMAN
__________________
09' AW/FR E90 M3 DCT - Megan Exhaust, Black Kidneys, Tint, GP Thunder 8500k AE and Cornering, 24 LED Signals.
OMMMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
You mean to tell me everyone is voting for the Superman combo? Have you all lost your minds? That's my car in the first pic that was linked to.

Having owned a Space Gray M3 w/ Fox Red and currently own an MCB M3, MCB + FR would look horrific. The only interior colors that would work with MCB IMO are Black, Bamboo, and Platinum. They compliment MCB, not detract from it. But if you're into the Superman motif, go for it. *yikes*

MCB and Fox Red would be horrible for resale. Not many people would be into such a combo. Platinum would look beautiful on MCB and I think it would be OK for resale.

This is what i'm afraid of. I think it might just look like a toy car...

My first choice was a mineral white one on extended fox red, but I love love love that blue. I plan on buying an M4 in about 4 years, so maybe I should just get a mineral white for now and do the MCB on the M4? I hate the bamboo, but maybe it's the light; sometimes it looks cream beige, other times it looks obnoxiously brown. I like the cream beige e9x interiors because it's not too brown. Oyster was also a favorite interior for me for the e9x series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya335 View Post
Fox Red/Black two tone?

That's what I have on my e93 Mineral White and I think it looks great. Not over the top and looks good. You do have to deal with a bit of black though.

I never thought extended was worth it unless you do a color other than black. But FR extended is pretty out there.
not a fan of the two tone, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
I don't like multiple color combos... if your doing Rust Brown or FR interior then the exterior should be monochromatic, and they other way around.

The MCB is gorgeous... I would absolutely go with platinum. Its such a clean combo.

If you wear a lot of jeans keeping that platinum leather clean is going to be an epic pain in the ass. IMO its the best color for that exterior.
I agree. I've heard upkeep is a pain, and i've heard upkeep was easy. I guess it just depends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
I think the rust brown is less over the top than FR. The FR is a more vibrant color, IMO, and the rust brown is a little more muted.

My 1st choice is platinum, but don't think it would stay that pure very long. The rust brown is a slightly more practical color, and is my 2nd choice. I wouldn't do FR
People keep saying this, but in the pics it looks straight ORANGE. Like super super orange. I wish someone with a nice DSLR would take a pic of it in natural sunlight, haha

Fox red isn't that vibrant, it's like a brownish brick red. I had coral red before, now that was BRIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMMMG View Post
also, fox red cannot be appreciated by pictures, you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, plus its not really that red, the name says it all(FOX) its a orangey red, people see it in my car and fall in love with it, now coral red which I also like that comes on non M E9X's is really red, like fire truck red, that is more SUPERMAN
True. They also have a point though; it would be hard to sell.
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,937
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200 View Post
This is what i'm afraid of. I think it might just look like a toy car...

My first choice was a mineral white one on extended fox red, but I love love love that blue. I plan on buying an M4 in about 4 years, so maybe I should just get a mineral white for now and do the MCB on the M4? I hate the bamboo, but maybe it's the light; sometimes it looks cream beige, other times it looks obnoxiously brown. I like the cream beige e9x interiors because it's not too brown. Oyster was also a favorite interior for me for the e9x series.
Don't wait if you love MCB that much. I wouldn't wait, you'll end up regretting getting white. About Bamboo, it NEVER looks brown, not even in the slightest. Have you ever seen it in person? It's a beige with a slight creme overtone to it. Go see it in person. If you like Oyster, I'm sure you'll like Bamboo.

Oyster:



Bamboo on my car:



Bamboo compliments MCB incredibly well, more so than Platinum ever would.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
arobinsonark
New Member
 
Drives: Java Green 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

I had fox red and it cleans up well.
arobinsonark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,480
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Keep it classy. Black over baby shit brown, period red, and dirt magnet platinum/silver/bamboo.
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post
Don't wait if you love MCB that much. I wouldn't wait, you'll end up regretting getting white. About Bamboo, it NEVER looks brown, not even in the slightest. Have you ever seen it in person? It's a beige with a slight creme overtone to it. Go see it in person. If you like Oyster, I'm sure you'll like Bamboo.

Oyster:



Bamboo on my car:



Bamboo compliments MCB incredibly well, more so than Platinum ever would.

I am leaning towards MCB over bamboo, like yours. I think it is the best combination for the price, as well as resale ability. I need to see it in person though; going to start calling around to other dealers in my area to see if I can look at one. Did you choose to opt out of the extended due to the clash it has with the black dash? I always thought every color interior looked pretty good extended, except the bamboo.

I think literally everyone who has a MCB E92 got bamboo interior. I remember one person got red/black on an e90, but I believe all e92's are bamboo. Maybe 1 was black?
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Keep it classy. Black over baby shit brown, period red, and dirt magnet platinum/silver/bamboo.
Why thank you for your insightful input, lol
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 12' E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinsonark View Post
I had fox red and it cleans up well.
what was the exterior of your car?
spitfire9200 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST