BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Racewerkz- 2012 E92 Widebody M3 Track/Daily Driver

[/b]After an accident I decided to go widebody and some more upgrades! All work is done by Racewerkz, body work done by Fiberglass Labs , wrapped by Coastmediafx
2012 E92 M3 DCT Mineral White wrapped in satin pearl white
Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust
BMW performance spoiler
Macht Schnell Intake Stage 2
Macht Schnell differential bushing
Macht Schnell subframe bushing
Motion Control 2-way Suspension
Spl control arms
Spl rear upper guide links
Spl rear toe links
Spl front tension arm bushings
Seibon Carbon fiber hood w/ hood pins
CSF cooling package
- Csf triple pass radiator
- Csf power steering cooler
- Csf DCT transmission cooler
- Csf engine oil cooler
Dtm fiberwerkz e92 gtr race/alms wide body kit
Gintani DCT oil pan(2.65 liters)
Gintani rear fins
DCT GTS tune
Dinman carbon fiber Steering wheel
Dinman carbon fiber rear diffuser
Stoptech trophy sport BBK kit
Dinman Carbon fiber interior trim
H&R sway bars
vorshlags stud conversion
Vorshlag camber plate
Forgeline GA3R
- Hankook ventus v12 evo2 305/30zr19 102y square set up
- Achillies slicks
Attached Images
                  

Last edited by Terryxe92; 08-30-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
GP0256
Private First Class
40
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 2006 MINI GP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Bad ass ride!
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
cvstar9M3
First Lieutenant
cvstar9M3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
349
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 e90 M3 ZCP, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bean Town

iTrader: (1)

Nice ride! I like how your wide body pedals blend in unlike some where you can see the screws all over. also love the stirring wheel... how do you like those, compared to oem
__________________
2011.75 e90 M3 ZCP, DCT, ZP2, ZCV, JB w/ 2Toned FoxRed/Black Interior
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
roastbeef
Major General
roastbeef's Avatar
United_States
3185
Rep
7,174
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

did you track it before the kit? i'm curious about your before/after thoughts if you have.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
Nice ride! I like how your wide body pedals blend in unlike some where you can see the screws all over. also love the stirring wheel... how do you like those, compared to oem
Way better than the oem steering wheel. I love the aggressive positioning of the handle grips especially at the track. I thought of getting the bmw performance for the 1/4 mile time, display water/oil temp, etc but didn't want the pain of maintaining the alcantara
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
did you track it before the kit? i'm curious about your before/after thoughts if you have.
I did track couple times before going wide. Once you go wide and get bigger tires/wheels the difference in grip is night and day!
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 1
roastbeef3184.50

      08-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
msan
Captain
206
Rep
768
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (14)

Awesome car, like others I like the widebody without the screws.

But can I suggest these ?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=dtm or

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=dtm
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 06:42 AM   #8
cvstar9M3
First Lieutenant
cvstar9M3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
349
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 e90 M3 ZCP, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bean Town

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
Way better than the oem steering wheel. I love the aggressive positioning of the handle grips especially at the track. I thought of getting the bmw performance for the 1/4 mile time, display water/oil temp, etc but didn't want the pain of maintaining the alcantara
Thanks. But doesn't grabbing the cf part of the stirring wheel feel weird. I mean it's hard and I presume can get slippery if your hands get sweaty (but I bet you wear gloves to the track)? By the way, can you post pics of interior? I wanna see the carbon fiber trims? Are dinan considered "oem" full CF? Where did you get the stirring wheel and the cf dinan interior pieces? Sorry for all the questions but I'm considering some Interior CF and deciding on aftermarket (which one?) vs oem. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
Speed District's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
I did track couple times before going wide. Once you go wide and get bigger tires/wheels the difference in grip is night and day!
Cant wait to see you at the track with the new wide body! You chose all great components for this build
__________________

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
127
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: 128 AW CR M-Sport | e92 DCT m3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
Way better than the oem steering wheel. I love the aggressive positioning of the handle grips especially at the track. I thought of getting the bmw performance for the 1/4 mile time, display water/oil temp, etc but didn't want the pain of maintaining the alcantara
Who made that steering wheel? Nevermind I see its dinmann!!
__________________
2010 e92 m3 | Satin Black Wrap/Black | Apex Arc-8 | Agency power Exhaust and HFC x-pipe| DCT GTS Tune | alpinems Engine tune | H&R race springs| ESS VT2 625 |

instagram: Ostate_M3

Last edited by Bucki14; 09-02-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: I found answer
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
Thanks. But doesn't grabbing the cf part of the stirring wheel feel weird. I mean it's hard and I presume can get slippery if your hands get sweaty (but I bet you wear gloves to the track)? By the way, can you post pics of interior? I wanna see the carbon fiber trims? Are dinan considered "oem" full CF? Where did you get the stirring wheel and the cf dinan interior pieces? Sorry for all the questions but I'm considering some Interior CF and deciding on aftermarket (which one?) vs oem. Thanks.
Doesn't feel weird or slippery for me at all. I do use gloves at the track but even without them the steering wheel feels great! I got everything from Dinmanncf(instagram username) , all real carbon fiber and oem fitment! He offers a core deposit for the steering wheel. You buy the wheel and install it , then give him the oem steering wheel. If you are nearby him, he offers free installation . I got to learn on how to work on the interior of my car as well from him! Or google "dinmanncf ebay" . By the way, Im thinking of selling my carbon fiber backseat center piece if you are interested
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #12
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed District View Post
Cant wait to see you at the track with the new wide body! You chose all great components for this build
LOL remember what happened at laguna seca on August 3rd......?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
Speed District's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
LOL remember what happened at laguna seca on August 3rd......?
Josh told me . So sad! How is it now?
__________________

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #14
cvstar9M3
First Lieutenant
cvstar9M3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
349
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 e90 M3 ZCP, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Bean Town

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
Doesn't feel weird or slippery for me at all. I do use gloves at the track but even without them the steering wheel feels great! I got everything from Dinmanncf(instagram username) , all real carbon fiber and oem fitment! He offers a core deposit for the steering wheel. You buy the wheel and install it , then give him the oem steering wheel. If you are nearby him, he offers free installation . I got to learn on how to work on the interior of my car as well from him! Or google "dinmanncf ebay" . By the way, Im thinking of selling my carbon fiber backseat center piece if you are interested
Wow. The CF looks sick. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have an e90- theback won't fit. Let me know if you letting go of any of the front pieces though
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #15
Terryxe92
Private
United_States
4
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 Mineral White e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed District View Post
Josh told me . So sad! How is it now?
Sadly she won't be ready by September 15th. Hopefully my track insurance gets settled and repaired for October!! It was THE BEST track day I have ever had minus turn 3 lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #16
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
Speed District's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryxe92 View Post
Sadly she won't be ready by September 15th. Hopefully my track insurance gets settled and repaired for October!! It was THE BEST track day I have ever had minus turn 3 lol
Damn, well hopefully shes ready for October 15th at AutoClub. Glad you had fun bro and im sorry for the misfortune. Excited to see her back up and running
__________________

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #17
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
1342
Rep
4,688
Posts

Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Who did your bodywork? Do you have a link to the site that did install? looks great
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #18
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
SpartaEvolution's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

ilikebmxbikes Per OP: "All work is done by Racewerkz, body work done by Fiberglass Labs , wrapped by Coastmediafx "
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #19
ilikebmxbikes
Brigadier General
ilikebmxbikes's Avatar
1342
Rep
4,688
Posts

Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post
ilikebmxbikes Per OP: "All work is done by Racewerkz, body work done by Fiberglass Labs , wrapped by Coastmediafx "
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post
ilikebmxbikes Per OP: "All work is done by Racewerkz, body work done by Fiberglass Labs , wrapped by Coastmediafx "
I was not sure if fiberglass labs was the kit designer, bodyshop or both. Still not sure .
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #20
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
SpartaEvolution's Avatar
United_States
155
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I was not sure if fiberglass labs was the kit designer, bodyshop or both. Still not sure .
Ahh, that makes more sense. I think it's the GTHAUS kit found here, but I'm not totally sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #21
lemanszcpm3
Private
31
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 m3 ZCP LeMans Blue
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Los Angeles/ San Fransisco CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post
Ahh, that makes more sense. I think it's the GTHAUS kit found here, but I'm not totally sure.
its a dtm fiberworks body kit.
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST