BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GT Haus

09-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #45
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaTheCat
Welcome! Saw quite a few M3 owners local here posting. I've got mine 13' 6MT as well. See you on the road!
Awesome!! Do we ///M drivers nod, wave at each other on the road? All those I've spotted look cool and disinterested to make eye contact... well, I am one of them

Let me know how I can tell is you so I will wave

S2k (what I came off from) drivers do acknowledge each other on the road... and most obviously bikes too, I love the flashing V when I am on mine
bnombe is offline   Canada
      09-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #46
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3AN
Welcome! Great interior choice!
Thanks! You must have the same

Thank you too E91M
      09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #47
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon//m3
Congrats! i just sold my e46, and just got a e92 as well!
Nice move!! Enjoy yours too!

Alight, finally taking couple minutes to shout out here... so busy at these days work plus stuff at home to take care of keeping me running around, not much time to spend here

I did it!!! First service today! Yes, break-in is officially over when I go back to pick it up later this afternoon!!! Shall I WOT and redline right away???
      09-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #48
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon//m3
Congrats! i just sold my e46, and just got a e92 as well!
Nice move!! Enjoy yours too!

Alright, finally taking couple minutes to shout out here... so busy at work these days plus stuff at home to take care of keeping me running around, not much time to spend here

I did it!!! First service today! Yes, break-in is officially over when I go back to pick it up later this afternoon!!! Shall I WOT and redline right away???
      09-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #49
Mike_305
Enlisted Member

Drives: Bmw 335I

Nice color combo.
Mike_305 is offline   United_States
      09-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #50
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving

Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats! Jet black looks amazing! Love the ZCP's!! If you ever want to sell ur rims, let me know I would love to have them on my '11 AW E92.
      09-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #51
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P

Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2004 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2013 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2013 VW GTI  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
ongrats on your break-in being officially over!!

The manual says, after the 2000 km break, to gradually keep increasing the revs until 5000 km. So far though, I haven't really seen anyone follow that, LOL.
      09-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #52
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
Quote:

The manual says, after the 2000 km break, to gradually keep increasing the revs until 5000 km. So far though, I haven't really seen anyone follow that, LOL.
I think I maybe the first to gradually increase the rev then... One of my middle names is "cautious"

I will probably gradually increase my max throttle position over the next few days and will go to WOT but not redline yet
      09-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #53
ramuman
Private First Class

Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post

You Canucks and playing it safe . Peg it!
      09-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman
Quote:

You Canucks and playing it safe . Peg it!
I guess we are... hence we have a Conservative federal government lol :

I did redline once today. In 2nd gear rolled on highway ramp I still am a bit intimidated to jam WOT or redline in 1st at this point. The 1st gear pull is quite strong for me still. I know we only have 295lb-ft but I came from Honda 4-banger (s2k), the true torque anemic car
      09-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #55
///Madhatter
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2011 e92 AW ZCP

Black beauty!

Welcome and Grats!

09-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #56
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I guess we are... hence we have a Conservative federal government lol :

I did redline once today. In 2nd gear rolled on highway ramp I still am a bit intimidated to jam WOT or redline in 1st at this point. The 1st gear pull is quite strong for me still. I know we only have 295lb-ft but I came from Honda 4-banger (s2k), the true torque anemic car
Still working on my courage to "peg it" especially on public roads I did roll on harder today in 1st gear couple of times being the lone car on some open road and I think I did end up WOT for a split second as the rev climbed up FAST!! I definitely went up to 8000rpm but not all the way to the redline (is it 8300 or 8400?), grabbed 2nd gear and rev hard again - I honestly can't remember if I WOT in 2nd and how high I revved. I let off and rolled through 3rd, 4th, and coasted in 5th at my normal social acceptance speed

OMG... as I have read here before, it revs up so quickly and with all the intense sweet sweet noise the V8 makes, it can become such a blur especially experiencing it very first few times and with a level of fear of doing this so anti-socially on public roads.

I am used to revving hard and high redlining many cars that I've had: 98 'lude, TSX, E46 325i, RSX (5AT though), NB Miata, AP2 S2k... but man... none of those ever ever opened my eyes and dropped my jaw like this menacing S65!!! I am not surprised at all that obviously no other engine I fully experienced before compare to this but the level of higher intensity it generates and sends through my senses is sheer joy and I know already it is ADDICTIVE!!!
      09-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #57
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Still working on my courage to "peg it" especially on public roads I did roll on harder today in 1st gear couple of times being the lone car on some open road and I think I did end up WOT for a split second as the rev climbed up FAST!! I definitely went up to 8000rpm but not all the way to the redline (is it 8300 or 8400?), grabbed 2nd gear and rev hard again - I honestly can't remember if I WOT in 2nd and how high I revved. I let off and rolled through 3rd, 4th, and coasted in 5th at my normal social acceptance speed

OMG... as I have read here before, it revs up so quickly and with all the intense sweet sweet noise the V8 makes, it can become such a blur especially experiencing it very first few times and with a level of fear of doing this so anti-socially on public roads.

I am used to revving hard and high redlining many cars that I've had: 98 'lude, TSX, E46 325i, RSX (5AT though), NB Miata, AP2 S2k... but man... none of those ever ever opened my eyes and dropped my jaw like this menacing S65!!! I am not surprised at all that obviously no other engine I fully experienced before compare to this but the level of higher intensity it generates and sends through my senses is sheer joy and I know already it is ADDICTIVE!!!
Sight and sound of my ///M3 V8 the day after break-in service. None of these was WOT nor redline, close but not quite

Would someone please kindly tell me how to embed youtube video? I have enabled embedding on youtube and grabbed the embed codes, paste into the post and wrap that with the youtube embed tags, didn't work so now I am just posting the non-embedding url.

Last edited by bnombe; 09-13-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Can't freaking figure out how to embed the youtube video >.<
      09-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #58
phrozen06
NA V8

Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32

Awesome. I just bought a Newsed Jet Black 08 E92 ///M. I luv the V8.
      06-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Cool 10,000km update with autox and track day experience!!!

Shortly after passing the 10-month mark, my car just turned 10,000km earlier this week - on the day that I took it to a local track day! It turned past 10,000km literally as I arrived at the track. I was hoping that would happen while on track, oh well...

It was also my own very first track driving experience - so it was an extra special day Some of you who have seen my posts (in the Vancouver, BC thread) would know that I have been an autox'er in my previous car (AP2/S2000) so it's also note worthy that about week and half before the track day, I actually did an autox in my M3 - so it's seen its first event action there and I got a good feel of the car beyond daily driving and even spirited driving.

From the autox event, I was already excited to find out hands-on that even though the car is a heavy sports car, it handled beautifully! Perfectly balanced as advertised!!!

From the track event (at Mission Raceway, Mission, BC that is noted to be a hard-on-brakes track), I was super impressed at how the brakes (pads and fluids) performed and remained very effective throughout the day (5 sessions of 20 minutes each at). I should note that everything on my car is absolutely stock. There were gradual brake fades through each session as expected but there was nothing dramatic that I feared might happen running with complete stock and un-refreshed pads & fluids. I was able to run all the sessions without doing much cool down / cruising laps that my friend has advised me that I may need to do.

One little "exciting" thing did happen at the very end of my last session of the day. I have been watching the oil temp gauge throughout the day; it crept up nearing the 3/4 mark (~125C degrees) as each session went on. As I glanced at the time, knowing that I had one or two hot laps at most in the session so I kept up the pace (except at the longest straight so I don't cook the brakes near the end)... coming out of turn 1, on to the throttle... that's when it happened... the infamous LIMP MODE! No worry - the car is perfectly fine. I put on the flasher and slowly cruised my way back to the pits (other cars were slowing too as chequered flag just came out too), back to paddock; shut it off. Packed up my stuff, talked to other drivers (one guy with a 335Xi also had limp mode in his previous track day - also no actual problem on the car)... car started up as normal, I was able to drive away from the track after covering ~150km of track driving

OK, enough words... photos time
Attached Images

07-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #60
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P

Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2004 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
2013 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2013 VW GTI  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Quote:
Shortly after passing the 10-month mark, my car just turned 10,000km earlier this week - on the day that I took it to a local track day! It turned past 10,000km literally as I arrived at the track. I was hoping that would happen while on track, oh well...

It was also my own very first track driving experience - so it was an extra special day Some of you who have seen my posts (in the Vancouver, BC thread) would know that I have been an autox'er in my previous car (AP2/S2000) so it's also note worthy that about week and half before the track day, I actually did an autox in my M3 - so it's seen its first event action there and I got a good feel of the car beyond daily driving and even spirited driving.

From the autox event, I was already excited to find out hands-on that even though the car is a heavy sports car, it handled beautifully! Perfectly balanced as advertised!!!

From the track event (at Mission Raceway, Mission, BC that is noted to be a hard-on-brakes track), I was super impressed at how the brakes (pads and fluids) performed and remained very effective throughout the day (5 sessions of 20 minutes each at). I should note that everything on my car is absolutely stock. There were gradual brake fades through each session as expected but there was nothing dramatic that I feared might happen running with complete stock and un-refreshed pads & fluids. I was able to run all the sessions without doing much cool down / cruising laps that my friend has advised me that I may need to do.

One little "exciting" thing did happen at the very end of my last session of the day. I have been watching the oil temp gauge throughout the day; it crept up nearing the 3/4 mark (~125C degrees) as each session went on. As I glanced at the time, knowing that I had one or two hot laps at most in the session so I kept up the pace (except at the longest straight so I don't cook the brakes near the end)... coming out of turn 1, on to the throttle... that's when it happened... the infamous LIMP MODE! No worry - the car is perfectly fine. I put on the flasher and slowly cruised my way back to the pits (other cars were slowing too as chequered flag just came out too), back to paddock; shut it off. Packed up my stuff, talked to other drivers (one guy with a 335Xi also had limp mode in his previous track day - also no actual problem on the car)... car started up as normal, I was able to drive away from the track after covering ~150km of track driving

OK, enough words... photos time
Your car is still facking gorgeous. I love it.

Thanks for the track update and photos. They 're awesome.

I'm sure your car went into 'limp mode' to protect itself...... How's it doing now?

I went to driver training once too. Amazing, but I'm going to continue with my old Miata for now. This car is so capable, it hides too many of my faults. Not only am I a newbie but I'm a bad driver to boot! (so I need a low-power, no nothing car)
      07-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #61
Jay-K
Colonel

Drives: Slow

Beauty and congrats..
"Let the mods begin"
Jay-K is online now   Indonesia
      07-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #62
fulizzy

Drives: m3 e92

waited over 1 yr until i could get my hands on one of these.

sorry for the iphone pics

fulizzy is offline   Canada
      07-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #63
LOVEM
Captain

Drives: 2011 1m VO

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

LOVEM is offline   United_States
      08-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulizzy View Post
waited over 1 yr until i could get my hands on one of these.
Nice!!! Must feel extra special to have one of the final E92///Ms!
      08-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #65
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Your car is still facking gorgeous. I love it.

Thanks for the track update and photos. They 're awesome.

I'm sure your car went into 'limp mode' to protect itself...... How's it doing now?

I went to driver training once too. Amazing, but I'm going to continue with my old Miata for now. This car is so capable, it hides too many of my faults. Not only am I a newbie but I'm a bad driver to boot! (so I need a low-power, no nothing car)
Hey Julie! Thanks pal! How is yours doing?? I haven't spent much time on the forum since last year have been using the iPhone app to read BMW/M news in general mostly.

My car is perfectly fine; as if nothing ever happened Like you said, it just went into 'limp mode' for self-preservation. I am planning to take it to the next track day with my local club later in Aug, to be confirmed soon.

Well, I am on this thread again now because it has been one year as of July 31 since I got this car, so it's time that I catch up on sharing some videos and photos that I haven't posted here. You can all follow me on twitter, youtube, my photo blog, etc. though
Attached Images

08-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #66
bnombe
Second Lieutenant

Couple of my M3 vids

Autox in the M3

Track session in the M3