BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

VIBE Motorsports

08-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #23
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

More photos of my ///M3

I took this as an opportunity to practice some photo editing in Aperture (I am new to it; and new to retouching photo edits) as well as producing some clean-ish looking wider angle shots of my car. Here are 4 of the resulting shots, hope you all enjoy them all 4 had lamp posts and stuff protruding from the car before the edits

I still plan to summarize my first week or so of i///Mpression heehee... stay tuned
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #24
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List

08-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #25
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

2-week checkpoint

2 weeks and ~800km later, let me go on the record at this checkpoint.

One word to describe it: ///Marvelous (just have to be a ///M word, com'on... who didn't see that coming? )

I'll be editing my OP to summarize my car's configs, in case anyone wonders, etc.

Now on to my thoughts/findings (other than just this thing is awesome!!! that we all know ):
- before reading the manual / quick ref, I read in some posts about not going over 4000rpm during break-in (2000km). Had a pretty hard time catching it to upshift in time in 1st and 2nd but I managed OK. Then read in the quick ref that it's ok to rev to 5500rpm! I have brought it up to "only" 5000rpm couple times so far but this says A LOT to me about how solid this engine is 5500rpm is almost redline for most other cars lol let alone that being the break-in restrain rev

- throttle or "Power" button setting. I am a very "controlled experiment" kind of guy, so my plan is to drive it with all the "lowest performance" / comfort M Drive settings. First couple days trying the darnest not to stall (success, zero stall) and roll off (NOT launch) smoothly wasn't easy. Then I figured the throttle response maybe a bit too laggy with "Power button" OFF to roll off smoothly. Since then "Power" ON and I am rolling off like I always can in all other MT cars

- steering (Servotronic?) Also within the first couple days, I can feel the steering gets super light at very low speed in parking lots, etc. While I "appreciate" that extra power steering help, I don't like it a bit! I am no softy and I want my steering to be consistently sharp, so I have been using Sport mode.

- since there is no direct button to turn this on like "Power", I have programmed both the "Power" (to Sport only so far, haven't tried Sport Plus) and "Servotronic" settings in my M button. Generally I have no problem remember to press the M button on my steering wheel everytime I start the car, but is there a way to save the M button on status too??

- iDrive, coming off from the "COMMAND" system on a C300, it took couple days to discard the "muscle memory" but since then iDrive has become second nature. It's a very intuitive system, enjoying the BMW App and Web Radio quite much too.

There are more thoughts and findings, but I'll stop here for now......
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
RFC*E92
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Very Nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
Hansel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, e30M3-s52, e30-s50

looks good!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
regensburg94
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3 ZCP

That's a beautiful car - keep it stock
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #29
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLegend View Post
Great car, but I suggest you get a photographer who can afford a full frame camera with serious glass power next time, the guy you are using is either shoots from his iphone or uses a Canon Rebel or something of that sort
lol just did a search on your other posts too, realize you have a reputation to keep

I can't afford a photographer, so I am my own photographer. I did use my iPhone for the delivery night shots... I mentioned that already, guess you didn't bother reading.

I didn't use a Rebel with my other shots, I am a Nikon DX shooter by choice and I did use my serious glass except I haven't took the time to get to a proper shoot location at the right lighting hours for the serious results. I am sorry for you that you have to try so hard to keep up your reputation.

If you want to discuss photography, please feel free to PM me or point me to the nearest photo thread where you must be dishing out great expertise advise.

Oh thanks for saying it's a great car though. BMW M can take all the credits. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #30
davramic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

awesome bro! I'm in the same boat you were in, anxiously tracking my build status and waiting for it. We have the same colors too, so cool to get a sneak peak at what I have to look forward to!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Everything I see your car, I'm like, "Ahhh... maybe I should have got Jet Black after all!"

I especially love that last side profile pic.

Edit: Okay, I finally figured out how to suscribe...
      08-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #32
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davramic View Post
awesome bro! I'm in the same boat you were in, anxiously tracking my build status and waiting for it. We have the same colors too, so cool to get a sneak peak at what I have to look forward to!
Have you got your car yet? Do we have same interior colour too by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #33
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regensburg94 View Post
That's a beautiful car - keep it stock
Is it still considered stock if I do only LUX AE and maybe OEM lip spoiler? I am thinking to do those...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #34
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Everything I see your car, I'm like, "Ahhh... maybe I should have got Jet Black after all!"

I especially love that last side profile pic.

Edit: Okay, I finally figured out how to suscribe...
Hey Julie, now I am sure you have no regret not getting Jet Black with your baby at home looking awesome in that unique colour!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #35
Ermagerd
Private
Rep
Drives: a huffy

Very nice, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Hey Julie, now I am sure you have no regret not getting Jet Black with your baby at home looking awesome in that unique colour!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Jet Black is the Zeus of Blacks when clean.

If I could have gotten a straight metallic black that is as "deep" a black as Jet, I wouldn't have gone with the Individual.
      08-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #37
davramic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Have you got your car yet? Do we have same interior colour too by any chance?
not yet; still in Afghanistan. It's being built now, then off to be shipped to Hawaii. Should arrive late November/early December as my welcome back present
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
dom_cmh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

BEAUTIFUL. Jet black is the best black IMO. I passed on a few Jerez black models just because it didn't look as good in the sun as Jet Black would have. It's not fun keeping clean though!

Two easy mod recommendations. 1. Amber reflector delete on your front corners. 2. ZHP shift knob. The M3 stock shift knob is ridiculous. It's too tall and not weighted. The ZHP knob has the same OEM look and shift pattern but is shorter and weighted. Search on the forums here for more information if you are interested in doing either.
      09-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #39
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_cmh View Post
BEAUTIFUL. Jet black is the best black IMO. I passed on a few Jerez black models just because it didn't look as good in the sun as Jet Black would have. It's not fun keeping clean though!

Two easy mod recommendations. 1. Amber reflector delete on your front corners. 2. ZHP shift knob. The M3 stock shift knob is ridiculous. It's too tall and not weighted. The ZHP knob has the same OEM look and shift pattern but is shorter and weighted. Search on the forums here for more information if you are interested in doing either.
Thx. I don't suppose Jerez black is any easier to keep clean and pretty than Jet, so I am OK with my choice

I just gave it a first wash after just over 1 month having it. I am happy with how the wash went (just used my usual 2 bucket method with my existing shampoo, sponges, chemise, wheel cleaning spray, etc.) and how there is no random scratch or scuff like people seem to have cried about how weak the BMW paint is and also say black is like going to scratch if you stare at it hard enough LOL

I am no detailing guy - far from it - so I am happy with sticking to the colour I decided in a heartbeat as the best colour for this car without a second thought or second guess; and that it's proving to be a real driving livable colour to keep good looking (enough for my eyes).

As for those 2 mods ideas, thanks for the suggestion.

I came across the amber reflector delete way back when I was stalking my car shipment, I am on the fence on that one; actually leaning towards it looks fine (to me) the way it is.

The shifter, I will check it out. Again, so far the OEM one works fine for me. I wonder with a shorter shift knob, if 5th gear will be a bit of a reach for me without having to move the seat even closer.

I thought LUX Angel Eyes are the de facto first mod to begin it all

Last edited by bnombe; 09-04-2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Mods ideas feedback
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #40
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Cool

This is by far the most enjoyable conversation about my new M3 in the 5 weeks that I've had it!!! (I will double-post this in the other "most asked questions" thread if that's ok )

It's a coworker IM'ing me out of the blue today...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
LindaTheCat
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 6MT

Welcome! Saw quite a few M3 owners local here posting. I've got mine 13' 6MT as well. See you on the road!
      09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #42
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991 C4 GTS

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
very nice!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #43
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black E90 M3

Garage List
Welcome! Great interior choice!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #44
carbon//m3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Congrats! i just sold my e46, and just got a e92 as well!
Appreciate 0