BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Great Ad From Scott Brown...

This really hits the nail on the head!


cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

Yep, another ad where Obama's speech is deceptively edited. And somehow you're proud of this?
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

OP, do you economics?

You can't "let america be america". Any politician running for office can say that since it triggers an emotional response in the audience (and hopefully attracts votes), but the global economic climate, current methodology of many politicians in DC, and structure of our financial system prohibits the US to return to how it was 20-30 years ago. It's not possible. Basic stuff.

And once again, he's clinging to an out-of-context edit of Obama's statement edited to show him as saying something he didn't, which is ironic, since the actual segment of the speech mirrored Warren's statements almost identically.

I wonder...what are you trying to accomplish on these forums with your new post every day with criticism based on ideology and emotion. Pick apart some policy and do some empirical comparisons and maybe you'll learn a thing or two about what's beneficial for this country and what isn't.
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Business and the Economy from the teachings of Professor Obama:

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...anoke-virginia

Last edited by cssnms; 07-26-2012 at 10:48 AM.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

From the same speech, a few seconds later:

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

He made the same point Romney has made on several occasions, and exactly the point Warren made in her town hall "rant" (briefly shown in the ad you posted). Very basic notion of living in any infrastructurally-sound nation. You know this, yet continue to pretend to hear just what you want to in hopes of (what I assume) is attracting the attention of unsuspecting posters and shaping their subconscious opinion of the president.

Good luck, but know that to any decently-educated person you appear as a bigot without the intention of improving our country though voting and influence on new policy. Unfortunately our social system allows just as big a voice to the ignorant as the knowledgeable. One of the few things gravely wrong with this country.
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Business and the Economy from the teachings of Professor Obama:

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...anoke-virginia
You are misquoting this again, displaying your blatant dishonesty. And your linky no worky.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
You are misquoting this again, displaying your blatant dishonesty. And your linky no worky.
Do you really not know what he said??? The quote referenced above is EXACTLY what he said.

Link fixed
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Of course, can't debate, so just laugh.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
From the same speech, a few seconds later:

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

He made the same point Romney has made on several occasions, and exactly the point Warren made in her town hall "rant" (briefly shown in the ad you posted). Very basic notion of living in any infrastructurally-sound nation. You know this, yet continue to pretend to hear just what you want to in hopes of (what I assume) is attracting the attention of unsuspecting posters and shaping their subconscious opinion of the president.

Good luck, but know that to any decently-educated person you appear as a bigot without the intention of improving our country though voting and influence on new policy. Unfortunately our social system allows just as big a voice to the ignorant as the knowledgeable. One of the few things gravely wrong with this country.
The liberals will defend their savior to the grave regardless of consequence -- as evidenced here. You call me a bigot because I don't agree with you and your leftist buddies? That is such a liberal thing to do. If it’s not the liberal way you are branded a racist, a bigot, elitist and the list goes on….

You and the rest of the mindless lemmings on the left are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. You come out of the woodwork to attack anyone that does not share your views of how you “think” things should be. Like Obama and a few others on here, you continue to draw attention away from the current administrations failures and the disaster that is our economy. It is you that needs to open up a book or two or take a few history lessons.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I post or think or what you think or what names you choose to call me or anyone else that does not agree with you. And you can interprut what our socialist leaning President says and defend him until you're red in the face, but none of it will change the outcome of the election in November. Good luck to you!

Last edited by cssnms; 07-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Do you really not know what he said??? The quote referenced above is EXACTLY what he said.

Link fixed
The rest of the quote should include

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
The rest of the quote should include

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
Nice try on the recovery, but it was a little to late.

Without the aid of a teleprompter the man gave everyone a glimpse of his true colors.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
lol, this thread is another joke.

And OP, what do you do in DC that makes you an expert on politics? I've been meaning to ask you ever since you decided to brag about working in DC...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
lol, this thread is another joke.

And OP, what do you do in DC that makes you an expert on politics? I've been meaning to ask you ever since you decided to brag about working in DC...
Yeah css, what exactly do you do in DC?
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #15
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Here's the joke,,, most of you who just like to ride the coattails of a few, contribute NOTHING, but you continue to be drawn in like a fly to dog-shit. You buzz around with your "+1" or make some assinine comment that has no merrit.

Keep up the good work boys!
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
The liberals will defend their savior to the grave regardless of consequence -- as evidenced here. You call me a bigot because I don't agree with you and your leftist buddies? That is such a liberal thing to do. If it’s not the liberal way you are branded a racist, a bigot, elitist and the list goes on….

You and the rest of the mindless lemmings on the left are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. You come out of the woodwork to attack anyone that does not share your views of how you “think” things should be. Like Obama and a few others on here, you continue to draw attention away from the current administrations failures and the disaster that is our economy. It is you that needs to open up a book or two or take a few history lessons.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I post or think or what you think or what names you choose to call me or anyone else that does not agree with you. And you can interprut what our socialist leaning President says and defend him until you're red in the face, but none of it will change the outcome of the election in November. Good luck to you!
It's interesting that you automatically categorize me as a hypocrite leftist without knowing a single thing about my political views. You have no idea how I think "things should be" yet are quick to assume it is polar opposite to how you feel. Like so many in this country, you're adding to the ostracism which makes honest political debate impossible.

You have no idea how I feel about Obama's policies yet assume I'm ready to defend him until I'm red in the face? Get real. I have plenty of issues with how he's handled the presidency thus far.

It's not possible to have a conversation with someone who's views cloud their ability to listen and formulate an educated response.




The posts I've seen from you focus on childish crap, much like the campaign ads both parties are running right now. The center of Romney's campaign right now is the out-of-context misquote of Obama's speech. He's got t-shirts made with the bullshit on them. Personally I find it alarming that our nation's political discussion is getting more juvenile with each subsequent election. No one is interested in learning and making an educated decision but rather criticizing as much as possible. People like you who are willing to shout misquotes and pretend to have a basis for political argument (when in reality all that's present is a flawed understanding of history, economics, and an inability not to let emotion cloud judgement) are the root of the problem.

It's evident in the toxic discussion here and frankly not worth my time.

Cheers
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,532
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Here's the joke,,, most of you who just like to ride the coattails of a few, contribute NOTHING, but you continue to be drawn in like a fly to dog-shit. You buzz around with your "+1" or make some assinine comment that has no merrit.

Keep up the good work boys!
Oh I think calling you out on your dishonesty has lots of merit

PS notice the spelling of merit. Your dishonesty and lack of integrity is coupled with a lack of education too isn't it?
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Oh I think calling you out on your dishonesty has lots of merit

Where have I been "dishonest?"

You ride the coattails of other libs on here and make a lot of stupid comments. Granted tthe latter is just an opinion, but I would hardly consider it dishonest.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Peddling burgers in DC has nothing to do with knowing politics, you know. Nice way to avoid the question too, lol... I disagree with the liberal crowd on here a lot, you can even ask Scotch. I don't tag on his coattails at all, far from it actually. I'm just not an idiot.

But, if you were truly so important, you'd have much better things to do

I especially like this quote from you:

Quote:
You come out of the woodwork to attack anyone that does not share your views of how you “think” things should be.
But, it's perfectly OK for YOU to try to force others to think like you... That's why all of your threads are a joke. You should win the hypocrite of the year award on this forum
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8

Last edited by Templar; 07-26-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

But, it's perfectly OK for YOU to try to force others to think like you... That's why all of your threads are a joke. You should win the hypocrite of the year award on this forum

Long gone is the mass hysteria that ensued in 2008, over a young, energetic and idealistic Barrack Hussein Obama. I remember the promises of grandeur well. He promised he was going to dig this country out of the recession, cut unemployment before the end of his first term, close Gitmo, cut the deficit in half, re-shape Washington and the promise that his administration would be more transparent.

While optimistic voters rode the wave of promise, hope and “change” into the voting booth, as it turns out he failed to deliver on almost every single promise he made to the people to include his promise to not run for reelection if he failed to live up to his end of the bargain. During the campaign it was George Bush and the Republican Party that were made the whipping boys and the media had a field day. Now the tables are turning and it is Barrack Obama and the Democratic Party that are in the spot-light. The failings of this administration are so abysmal that he and those in the Democratic Party cannot run for reelection on his record, but instead they try to attack the credibility of his opponent. The cold reality is starting to set-in for many liberals that hitched their caboose to good ‘ol Barrack and still do. Those same individual will be damned if they would vote for a Republican President regardless of the state of this great country and where it is headed. Instead, they put on the blinders and follow their fearless leader into battle with a cult-like mentality.

While I am sure the truth hurts, I am not trying to force anyone to think like me, nor do I give a shit what you or any of the other lobotomized liberals believe. And the only thing I peddle in is information and it's up to anyone that reads it to determine whether that information is of any benefit to them. The wisecracks from the liberal peanut gallery on here will have no impact on the outcome of the election; it only magnifies their ignorance and stupidity.

Anyway, don’t you guys have to go occupy a park somewhere?
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #21
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
 
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

Posts: 817
iTrader: (0)

css, you obviously can't handle having a debate or discussing viewpoints with people, so I don't know why you keep starting threads and posting. Anyone who doesn't agree with you, or points out that your facts are wrong, is degraded as an idiot asshole by you. Grow up and knock it off.

This is at least the 3rd thread wherein you're distorting the same Obama speech, which has been clarified ad-nauseum already. You're not capable of printing a transcript without adding your own bold text where you think you're fooling everyone. Well you're not. We're not ignorant little children, we see through your bullshit.

I've invited you several times to actually show me where all of my supposed "lies and half-truths" are, but instead you just make juvenile farting sounds.

Do you know why Scott Brown's ad intentionally omitted the sentence prior to "you didn't build that"? Because that's the only way the deception works. But even without the deception, you still don't get it. There's no hope for you, go start a blog that we can all ignore.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #22
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Long gone is the mass hysteria that ensued in 2008, over a young, energetic and idealistic Barrack Hussein Obama. I remember the promises of grandeur well. He promised he was going to dig this country out of the recession, cut unemployment before the end of his first term, close Gitmo, cut the deficit in half, re-shape Washington and the promise that his administration would be more transparent.

While optimistic voters rode the wave of promise, hope and “change” into the voting booth, as it turns out he failed to deliver on almost every single promise he made to the people to include his promise to not run for reelection if he failed to live up to his end of the bargain. During the campaign it was George Bush and the Republican Party that were made the whipping boys and the media had a field day. Now the tables are turning and it is Barrack Obama and the Democratic Party that are in the spot-light. The failings of this administration are so abysmal that he and those in the Democratic Party cannot run for reelection on his record, but instead they try to attack the credibility of his opponent. The cold reality is starting to set-in for many liberals that hitched their caboose to good ‘ol Barrack and still do. Those same individual will be damned if they would vote for a Republican President regardless of the state of this great country and where it is headed. Instead, they put on the blinders and follow their fearless leader into battle with a cult-like mentality.

While I am sure the truth hurts, I am not trying to force anyone to think like me, nor do I give a shit what you or any of the other lobotomized liberals believe. And the only thing I peddle in is information and it's up to anyone that reads it to determine whether that information is of any benefit to them. The wisecracks from the liberal peanut gallery on here will have no impact on the outcome of the election; it only magnifies their ignorance and stupidity.

Anyway, don’t you guys have to go occupy a park somewhere?
I didn't vote for Obama. You're argument (or lack thereof) is invalid.

You continue to rant about nothing really, I'm waiting for you to post something worth reading, because honestly I knew half of your post was just bullshit, so I skimmed through the whole thing.

Like I said before, working at McDonald's in DC doesn't make you an expert on politics
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST