BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92-lighting
Closed Thread

08-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
spacedogg
Colonel

Drives: Debadged

Humvee in traffic in Iraq

Sigh...this is why foreigners hate American foreign policy in having soldiers occupying their countries...

[u2b]Yco1deXOzN8&[/u2b]

Last edited by spacedogg; 08-27-2007 at 06:52 PM.
spacedogg is offline   Canada
      08-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD

Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Yeah, thats it, we do it for fun and to be total pricks

You apparently know ABSOLUTELY nothing about conducting a mounted combat patrol in a warzone and the looming dangers around every street corner there.
      08-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
spacedogg
Colonel

Fair enough....but a related video in comparison.

Suffice to say...shit happens. And it's not good for both sides.

I wasn't meaning to have this thread turn into a pro/con of occupation of Iraq...but...certainly eye opener.
      08-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.

Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Oh god, cry me a fucking river. Yeah shit happens. But sitting still in traffic for an american in traffic in Iraq isn't safe, especially if you are in an unfamiliar or known dangerous neighborhood. I think the beginning of the first video may have been a little more aggressive than when my unit was there, but back then some people still liked us.

Let's face it, american soldiers are soldiers. We're not the world's police force. It's something we've tried to do over and over again, and we've never been good at it, and we never will be. Cultures are too different, and we'll never blend in with the local populace there. We train for it day in and day out now adays, but we'll never be as good at it as we want to be. Our Army is best at killing and blowing shit up. If you don't want us to do that, send us home, cuz America's best are dying everyday. In Iraq, the best a soldier can do is try to survive, everything else is second to that one goal...to go home. To hell with this crying for them shit. Don't blame the soldiers, blame the politicians.

Tirade over.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
      08-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD

Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Shit happens. Exactly. It is completely unfortunate that innocent civilians end up in the middle sometimes. But it is war. It has always been like that since the beginning of time. As for the second video, there is a reason why the driver was accidentally killed. He did something to set off what we call an "escalation of force". I am by no means blaming the driver. He may have done something unintentionally such as not stop, or a move considered hostile to the patrol, or something else. No one knows. We were not there.

Put yourself in the soldier's shoes. You have but a fraction of a second to react. You have no idea who is simply out for a drive, or the person behind the wheel has a trunk full of detonators wired to artillery shells, about to kill you, your buddy next to you, and the rest of your squad. You simply do not know. And if they do something out of the ordinary or fail to stop or any of the other possibilities, I will tell you this its going to be either him or me. And it definitely isn't going to be me.
      08-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
spacedogg
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Don't blame the soldiers, blame the politicians.
Amen brother.

I definately cannot blame the soldiers who are in the heat of the moment when the shit hits the fan. They are being sent in by the government. (Although I have to say...I'm not sure I agree with the foreign policy being made by your current president or his staff.) Nonetheless...my comment in my first post has been edited to more accurately reflect what I think...
      08-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
bmw318i_95

Drives: E90

Was that a Humvee?

I don't blame the little men and women that were sent there. But I guess it is an occupation after all and you do what you need to do when you're there.

My question is: if the situation were reversed, would YOU still say "oh god cry me a fucking river?"
      08-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw318i_95 View Post
My question is: if the situation were reversed, would YOU still say "oh god cry me a fucking river?"
      08-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...

Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Reposttt! haha seen it at least 5 times now.

anyways... its pretty smart to keep moving... dont want to get caught up in rpgs

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
      08-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
Hunter399
Major General

Drives: F30 335i

If you were in Iraq in an American humvee i can assure you you would want to keep moving
      08-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
enfield
Civilian

Drives: Range Rover Sport Supercharged

This video and the responses sadden me....
enfield is offline   Canada
      08-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw318i_95 View Post
Was that a Humvee?

I don't blame the little men and women that were sent there. But I guess it is an occupation after all and you do what you need to do when you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
That's the difference between Iraq and the US. This would never happen here. Don't think so? Go ask the brits. You don't understand the mindset of the average Iraqi. I dealt with them for over a year.

Best Website EVER!
      08-28-2007, 12:39 AM   #13
herbz
hi

Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
That's the difference between Iraq and the US. This would never happen here. Don't think so? Go ask the brits. You don't understand the mindset of the average Iraqi. I dealt with them for over a year.
Wow, so you're saying the biggest superpower in the world would never be occupied by another country? What a revelation! who would have thought that?

you must know it all! so whats the average iraqi mindset like? enlighten us please. i'd like to be amused for a while
herbz is offline   United_States
      08-28-2007, 01:06 AM   #14
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

I think the OP should go back to the United States of Canada and bitch about something else. Just remember the only reason we haven't invaded Canada is because there's NOTHING there!
      08-28-2007, 07:19 AM   #15
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
What is the mindset of an avg Iraqi -- they love to be occupied, they love our Humwees flying down their roads and bumping into everyone, and so on???
BS, no one wants to be occupied. And again -- we're the only power ou there that "occupied" quite a few countries and consider that humane and justified...
      08-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #16
pokerface
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: B8 A4 2.0T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
I think the OP should go back to the United States of Canada and bitch about something else. Just remember the only reason we haven't invaded Canada is because there's NOTHING there!
I think we have oil too... but don't tell George that..
pokerface is offline   Canada
      08-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #17
enfield
Civilian

The US Vice-President visited us in Canada/Alberta:
http://www.republic-news.org/archive...vin_klein.html
      08-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
enfield
Civilian

Quote:
Your statement sounds somewhat generalised and racist to me.
      08-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #19
LambOfGod
Lieutenant

Drives: 335 Red Sedan

The whole situation is unfortunate. I support our troops and don't blame them for doing their jobs. I feel bad for the family but I don't trust them and this could be a propaganda video. I rather kick the terrorists’ ass on their turf not mine. I'm not a passives and I don't support the anti war movement. You people don’t appreciate what the good men and women of our military are doing for you. That’s ok…they will still protect you. We need to keep our families and our country safe. If you don't have the stomachs for it...move aside and let our men and women get it done. Trust me. You will all be crying, "What happen???", "Why did my child get blown up at school???" That is after one of these bastards strike and kill in the area that hurts us most; our children.
      08-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #20
achien
AC

Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

The way they drive seems like there was a real emergency they are trying to get to.

But with all the rocket launchers out there, it is not wise to keep their vehicle stationary.
      08-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #21
LambOfGod
Lieutenant

Drives: 335 Red Sedan

You can hear them honking their horn like crazy. Too bad the ambulance and fire trucks can't do the same here in Chicago.
      08-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #22
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Wow, so you're saying the biggest superpower in the world would never be occupied by another country? What a revelation! who would have thought that?

you must know it all! so whats the average iraqi mindset like? enlighten us please. i'd like to be amused for a while
Yes, we were a huge superpower in 18th century...as far as the average Iraqi midset. I'd rather you serve your country and find out for yourself.

Mods need to move this to the politics thread. I'm here to discuss cars anyway.

Best Website EVER!
Closed Thread