BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #67
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
tbone28's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
2,098
Posts

 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHHKAOOM3 View Post
Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level.
~Enrico Fermi
That's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
There's not really anything to be confused at, to each his own opinion but the story is pretty clear and simple if you take the time to read! Just my 0.02$!
My thoughts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
You're new here so you don't know but...

Re: threads getting deleted.... it's the norm here if you haven't noticed.

threads get deleted all the time, be there vendor threads, feedback threads, OT threads, whatever. Posts get deleted/altered.

It's nothing new. It happens quite often, so a thread getting deleted isn't that big of a deal on here.

Since I've been on for a few years, and i have a lot of posts (meaning I don't stay on just one part of the forum, I go to a variety of sub sections and threads etc, so I see/read more than the average member), so it's not strange to see a thread get deleted or even requested to be deleted.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread's posts get altered and/or completely deleted. I could understand why as well.

Then again, this is all just my own perceptions and opinion, so I could be completely wrong and everyone should ignore what I said.
Perhaps threads get deleted regularly and I haven't been a member long enough to notice. Good to know, but it still doesn't explain why I was asked by PYSpeed to take down this thread w/o any reason as to why they wanted it taken down.

Other than Sean addressing the price difference, he still hasn't addressed why the thread was deleted or why I was asked to take this thread down. Instead, it's other forum members hypothesizing as to why he took the thread down.

If Sean had some transparency at the beginning contacted me to explain why he deleted the thread, why I was asked to take this thread down, AND if he had good reasons for doing so, I would have taken this thread down. In fact, if he had a legitimate reason for deleting the thread and explained it to me, I would have never posted this feedback thread in the first place.

Instead, he let things go, and, IMO, not explaining things is a bit shady, and thus this thread was posted.

As I stated in my original post, you can draw your own conclusion. I've drawn mine, and you can draw yours. However, because I do feel some shadiness in his business practice, I posted this thread to inform others that this *may* happen. It's food for thought when choosing a vendor.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #68
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,956
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post

Perhaps threads get deleted regularly and I haven't been a member long enough to notice. Good to know, but it still doesn't explain why I was asked by PYSpeed to take down this thread w/o any reason as to why they wanted it taken down.

Other than Sean addressing the price difference, he still hasn't addressed why the thread was deleted or why I was asked to take this thread down. Instead, it's other forum members hypothesizing as to why he took the thread down.

If Sean had some transparency at the beginning contacted me to explain why he deleted the thread, why I was asked to take this thread down, AND if he had good reasons for doing so, I would have taken this thread down. In fact, if he had a legitimate reason for deleting the thread and explained it to me, I would have never posted this feedback thread in the first place.

Instead, he let things go, and, IMO, not explaining things is a bit shady, and thus this thread was posted.

As I stated in my original post, you can draw your own conclusion. I've drawn mine, and you can draw yours. However, because I do feel some shadiness in his business practice, I posted this thread to inform others that this *may* happen. It's food for thought when choosing a vendor.
Maybe it's time for me to chime into this post. I bet a lot of people are looking for a reply from me.

1. The price I quoted the OP was considered to be pretty reasonable. I did MSRP $1299 + 8.5% + discounted shipping. Normally our shipping itself would be at least $100 because of the size of the product. 1,584.42. Even if he used LUCKY7 code for July, prices would have been if the OP was going to order from our website, he would have had to pay -$90.93 at total of $1,485.76.

Note~ His original response to our potential customer who asked, "Are prices the same as the webprice?" Tbone said, "yes same price." Clearly he never went to our website to check prices. Also he assumed that shipping was cheaper since he's in California. My icon was used in response. This clearly states why I'm confused to why he responded saying it's the same as webprice. Also, PYSpeed is selling the product, not Tbone.

2. OP was mad or disappointed because of the price I quoted him. He started a discussion on the sale thread to a customer stating the price. Other customer came in and also posted pricing on the thread. I closed the thread because private pricing being posted on the thread would cause issues with other's being confused about promotions. This might also create an issue if we decide to have different promotions in the future. After closing the thread, OP decided to come into the new thread and give a personal opinion of his own. Mods decided to remove his post because of his code of conduct.

It was probably my fault that I did not get back to Tbone regarding new promotions and new pricing after his initial PM. Either way, I can only say it's "miscommunication"... But to be fair on all ends. We don't post pricing on the forums because each customer may have different discount (if he or she is a returning customer, or are buying multiple items at once). Manufacturers also throw specials at different time periods during the year. This is something we give back to our customers.

In the end, the use of still seems to be correct. I'm not BS-ing customers or had the intention of doing so (web price is clearly different form the promotion I gave). This will also be my final response from a sales person point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Business 101:

PYSpeed, please see following thread on how to treat customers:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...5#post12430275
Tbone, I actually read the thread. If you would have messaged me in response to any of my previous quotes stating price was high, or even perhaps a friendly message back showing you were interested in the products, I would be glad to work with you. Notice, you took action to PM IND regarding your issues, they responded... We do the same!

If any customers have any inquiries about future products, we'll be glad to assist you. Like we said before, we match all prices on the forums.

-Sean

Last edited by Sean@PYSpeed.com; 08-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #69
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
tbone28's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
2,098
Posts

 
Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Maybe it's time for me to chime into this post. I bet a lot of people are looking for a reply from me.

1. The price I quoted the OP was considered to be pretty reasonable. I did MSRP $1299 + 8.5% + discounted shipping. Normally our shipping itself would be at least $100 because of the size of the product. 1,584.42. Even if he used LUCKY7 code for July, prices would have been if the OP was going to order from our website, he would have had to pay -$90.93 at total of $1,485.76.

Note~ His original response to our potential customer who asked, "Are prices the same as the webprice?" Tbone said, "yes same price." Clearly he never went to our website to check prices. Also he assumed that shipping was cheaper since he's in California. My icon was used in response. This clearly states why I'm confused to why he responded saying it's the same as webprice. Also, PYSpeed is selling the product, not Tbone.

2. OP was mad or disappointed because of the price I quoted him. He started a discussion on the sale thread to a customer stating the price. Other customer came in and also posted pricing on the thread. I closed the thread because private pricing being posted on the thread would cause issues with other's being confused about promotions. This might also create an issue if we decide to have different promotions in the future. After closing the thread, OP decided to come into the new thread and give a personal opinion of his own. Mods decided to remove his post because of his code of conduct.

It was probably my fault that I did not get back to Tbone regarding new promotions and new pricing after his initial PM. Either way, I can only say it's "miscommunication"... But to be fair on all ends. We don't post pricing on the forums because each individual customer has different discount. Individual products may have higher discount available due to the nature of the companies operation.

In the end, the use of still seems to be correct. I'm not BS-ing customers or had the intention of doing so (web price is clearly different form the promotion I gave). This will also be my final response from a sales person point of view.



Tbone, I actually read the thread. If you would have messaged me in response to any of my previous quotes stating price was high, or even perhaps a friendly message back showing you were interested in the products, I would be glad to work with you. Notice, you took action to PM IND regarding your issues, they responded... We do the same!

If any customers have any inquiries about future products, we'll be glad to assist you. Like we said before, we match all prices on the forums.

-Sean
First, thank you for providing more than a generic response. I did look at your website price before I posted my "same price" comment. I saw a price of $1300, which is why I posted that my price of $1450 was probably 1300 + 150 freight.

Regarding your request to reply to your PM that your price was too high: I PM'ed IND because I had ordered and paid for a product which they told me was in stock. My PM to them was a follow-up on shipping status.

If I ask for a quote, and your initial PM to me is high, I don't feel a need to PM you back saying it's too high. My opinion is that there are enough vendors in this forum where it makes sense to PM a potential customer an aggressive price from the beginning, without the need from my side to further negotiate a price. Different styles from both parties I guess.

I can turn the question back to you as well, Sean. You asked why I didn't PM you. I can ask why you didn't PM me to either explain things or ask my side. It's all moot now.

Like Sean, I've said what I wanted to say so I'm signing off this thread too. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #70
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,956
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
First, thank you for providing more than a generic response. I did look at your website price before I posted my "same price" comment. I saw a price of $1300, which is why I posted that my price of $1450 was probably 1300 + 150 freight.

Regarding your request to reply to your PM that your price was too high: I PM'ed IND because I had ordered and paid for a product which they told me was in stock. My PM to them was a follow-up on shipping status.

If I ask for a quote, and your initial PM to me is high, I don't feel a need to PM you back saying it's too high. My opinion is that there are enough vendors in this forum where it makes sense to PM a potential customer an aggressive price from the beginning, without the need from my side to further negotiate a price. Different styles from both parties I guess.

I can turn the question back to you as well, Sean. You asked why I didn't PM you. I can ask why you didn't PM me to either explain things or ask my side. It's all moot now.

Like Sean, I've said what I wanted to say so I'm signing off this thread too. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.
Glad we cleared things up. In the future, if you would like to try us again, we would love to help.

Sorry for the communication problems. #HANDSHAKE!

Last edited by Sean@PYSpeed.com; 08-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #71
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
I can turn the question back to you as well, Sean. You asked why I didn't PM you. I can ask why you didn't PM me to either explain things or ask my side. It's all moot now.
Probably because he had actual paying customers' questions to answer


I still think you escalated something to a level that didn't need to be at.

I don't think anything that occurred is shady by any means

Shady would mean if they took payment and decided to start ignoring you, which happens quite often from some vendors with some products.

I'm not sure if your expectations come from other forums or other industries...but I don't think anything that happened (different price quotes, emoticon, thread being deleted, you being asked to delete this thread) is shady by any means. Each action has a specific reason to it.

I think you may read into things too much and over think.

I think vendors should take note of this thread and either A) work super super carefully with you... or B) Just flat out tell you they can't do business with you (and explain why so you don't make a thread saying they're shady for not doing business with you).

After being on the forums for years... I've never seen someone overreact on something so miniscule... You should PM and speak directly with the individual regarding an issue before blowing it out of proportion. YOU should PM, not the other party, as the other party (in this situation) probably had no idea who you really are and/or why you're upset, since all did put that they were confused.


You guys have reached a conclusion of some sorts, but I feel it's unfair PY received even one bit of negative rep from this thread you created.
You gained nothing and you helped no one (imo), yet you may have hurt PY. Quite unfair imo
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #72
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
We don't post pricing on the forums because each individual customer has different discount. Individual products may have higher discount available due to the nature of the companies operation.
i was going to buy some DCT shift paddles and some other stuff, you've just lost my business.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
ucla bruin
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
235
Posts

 
Drives: daily moped
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Different customer may receive different discount? Why's that the case?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #74
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Probably because he had actual paying customers' questions to answer
I still think you escalated something to a level that didn't need to be at.

I don't think anything that occurred is shady by any means

Shady would mean if they took payment and decided to start ignoring you, which happens quite often from some vendors with some products.

I'm not sure if your expectations come from other forums or other industries...but I don't think anything that happened (different price quotes, emoticon, thread being deleted, you being asked to delete this thread) is shady by any means. Each action has a specific reason to it.

I think you may read into things too much and over think.

I think vendors should take note of this thread and either A) work super super carefully with you... or B) Just flat out tell you they can't do business with you (and explain why so you don't make a thread saying they're shady for not doing business with you).

After being on the forums for years... I've never seen someone overreact on something so miniscule... You should PM and speak directly with the individual regarding an issue before blowing it out of proportion. YOU should PM, not the other party, as the other party (in this situation) probably had no idea who you really are and/or why you're upset, since all did put that they were confused.


You guys have reached a conclusion of some sorts, but I feel it's unfair PY received even one bit of negative rep from this thread you created.
You gained nothing and you helped no one (imo), yet you may have hurt PY. Quite unfair imo


Every costumer should be threated like a potential buyer.
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #75
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post


Every costumer should be threated like a potential buyer.
I know lol. hence the laughing face. I know it's hard to indicated sarcasm online though :P
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #76
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
48
Rep
2,151
Posts

 
Drives: 09' R8 -- 11' M3 (sold)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post


Every costumer should be threated like a potential buyer.
True, THAT'S Business 101
__________________

My M3 is for sale here
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #77
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla bruin View Post
Different customer may receive different discount? Why's that the case?
Maybe cause on Monday, their supplier gave them X price, but on Wednesday, they gave them X+Y price. and friday, they got X-Y?

I'm not a vendor so I don't know how it works. Is there a fixed price or something? or is it variable based on the manufacturer? This I'd like to know..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #78
AV9
Brigadier General
AV9's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
4,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Maybe cause on Monday, their supplier gave them X price, but on Wednesday, they gave them X+Y price. and friday, they got X-Y?

I'm not a vendor so I don't know how it works. Is there a fixed price or something? or is it variable based on the manufacturer? This I'd like to know..
is there a reason why you care so much about this company, that you seem to go out of your way to conjure up excuses for them?

i'm pretty sure the vendor themselves can defend their argument, and don't really need you, and it seems as though they've delivered their points, and the OP has delivered his...

where are you coming from with all this arbitrary defense and useless thread perpetuance?
__________________
2009 M3 Coupe DCT Black/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #79
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9 View Post
is there a reason why you care so much about this company, that you seem to go out of your way to conjure up excuses for them?

i'm pretty sure the vendor themselves can defend their argument, and don't really need you, and it seems as though they've delivered their points, and the OP has delivered his...

where are you coming from with all this arbitrary defense and useless thread perpetuance?

It just bothers me when people make review threads without (imo) enough merit. And when you have 15k posts and be on as much as me, you tend to comment and get involved in most threads .
But this last post was because I'm genuinely curious about the "why do others get different prices" so I was hoping to get a response from someone who may know the real answer. Hence why the post itself is nothing buy questions and questions. Make sense?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #80
AV9
Brigadier General
AV9's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
4,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
It just bothers me when people make review threads without (imo) enough merit. And when you have 15k posts and be on as much as me, you tend to comment and get involved in most threads .
But this last post was because I'm genuinely curious about the "why do others get different prices" so I was hoping to get a response from someone who may know the real answer. Hence why the post itself is nothing buy questions and questions. Make sense?
so maybe that's a question you can take up with PYSPEED and not the OP...

and for you to say that he only hurt PY's rep by posting this thread and didn't help himself or anyone else is foolish.

he helped me and seems like he helped plenty of other board members here to avoid PYSPEED because of their shady business practices...IMO i've just never seen a member here so avidly defend a company, unless you guys are best friends or something.
__________________
2009 M3 Coupe DCT Black/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #81
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9 View Post
so maybe that's a question you can take up with PYSPEED and not the OP...

and for you to say that he only hurt PY's rep by posting this thread and didn't help himself or anyone else is foolish.

he helped me and seems like he helped plenty of other board members here to avoid PYSPEED because of their shady business practices...IMO i've just never seen a member here so avidly defend a company, unless you guys are best friends or something.
I guess you may have not read all my posts or maybe read them differently...and tbh, I don't remember the details of what I posted in this thread (and I'm not going to take the time to go back and read the posts), but to my memory, I didn't necessary defend PY as much as simply tell the op how I was confused as to what was shady and what went wrong.

As, to my recollection, the OP was saying that Sean was being shady because he used this emoticon:
Which to me, = confused, and does not equal calling someone a liar or BSing.
Thus, till now, I still don't see how if one uses a emoticon equal him being shady.
So, to my understanding from what i read that the op said, there was nothing shady done by PY. To this, my statement that PY's reputation was hurt and nothing was gained stands: I still do not understand how PY was shady, thus the fact that members (you yourself included), feel the need to avoid them because you feel they did something shady (Which I still do not see how anything shady occurred), does hurt them without providing anything beneficial.

If PY had taken his money and then changed the price, or took his money and didn't ship it, or took his money and shipped something defective and didn't change it, or took his money and whatever negative happened, then yes I would agree they did something shady.

Now, if my recollection is wrong, and/or I understood incorrectly, then yes that changes things.

But to me, I still do not see how PY did anything shady at all. (maybe you could explain it in cliff notes to me)

And who said my questions were geared toward the Op? They weren't meant for him to answer at all.... I do not understand at all why you would assume this... it's quite obvious the op doesn't know how vendors work (for one, he isn't a vendor), so it's rather straight forward that the questions were meant for vendors and/or someone who is familiar with how vendors on this site work. I do not see why or how you would assume I expected the OP to be able to answer the questions...

I don't personally care about PY as much as I care about vendors and people as a whole. I find it unjust when someone's (or a business's) reputation it tainted without merit. Regardless of who it is. However, if there is merit, then that someone (or business) deserves to have his reputation tainted.

It's late and I have been working all week and all day today, so I am quite exhausted; my apologies if for any grammar/typos/non-coherent statements etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #82
AV9
Brigadier General
AV9's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
4,292
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla bruin View Post
Different customer may receive different discount? Why's that the case?
I'd like to see how Sean answers this very simple question before he answers your's.

Plain and simple, people shouldn't be quoted different advertised prices. Sure some members are entitled to discounts if they get certain packages, but the fact that vendors pm special pricing to certain individuals for 1 product at a time eventually reveals itself and turns into a shit storm such as this.

the problem here is that the OP was quoted a different (higher) price than another member, and that didn't sit well with him. Who would that sit well with? on this page alone, several key features of this thread still have not been addressed, such as the question i re-quoted above.

It seems as though you've made up your mind about defending PY's case, and it seems the other 50 members that chimed in this thread are against them as well, perhaps if you would sympathize with the OP instead of attacking how he handled things and questioning bs minute details about business operation, we would have solid and definitive answers.

My concern with your posting style is that you're literally answering like a vendor but dumbing down certain aspects of your "defense." I've never seen a member here so self-righteously stand and defend a vendor, especially when such a thread does not affect your well-being or your business ventures. Moreover, your responses literally generate the type of excuses that most of us see vendors put out. You play dumb by posting an excuse then following it by, "maybe PY can clarify for us" or "i'm not a vendor so idk, but they should chime in"

Point being, I don't like the way PY handled this issue up until a few posts ago, where they came in and apologized, but they still seem to think that it's ok to quote different prices to different people, hence the fact that they've lost my business and a few other members that I can see posting this is thread alone.

So i guess when it's all said and done, the fact that this thread has merit or not, is a matter of our (30+ members) and your perspective. Which is fine, to each their own.
__________________
2009 M3 Coupe DCT Black/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #83
punksterz626
Major
punksterz626's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahambra

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to punksterz626 Send a message via MSN to punksterz626
I got a quote from PYspeed for a arkym lip recently bc my lip got damage by the dealer and needed replaced. Was quoted a third higher than what i purchased 2 years ago. I was told price has gone up (understandably) and that was a HOOKUP price for being a return customer. Decided to go a different route. (no harm, no foul) Got a new lip from somewhere else and at the shop where i got my lip installed (LTBMW) i happened to strike up a conversation with another customer regarding arkym lip. He told me he was quoted $$$ shipped. I was thinking, wow, that was cheaper than my price and i was a return customer.

Bottom line, no big deal for me. Dont like the price, dont buy. But, it just begs the question, was i being hustled bc i sounded like i really needed a replacement? who, knows and who cares.

Anyway, that was the story. Im bored. Just felt like sharing.
__________________
FS or Trade: Brand new CF Hamann Diffuser n Front Lip
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #84
GT1281
Major
GT1281's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,363
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535I & F15 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
The thread has since been deleted...hmmmmm.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722248

The thread was for the non-CF version of the Arkym front bumper. It was listed as PROMO price for members

Being local, I asked him to PM me a price for local pickup, thinking I can save a few bucks on shipping. I get a PM quote for $1450 shipped. I'm told no local pickup because item will be drop-shipped. OK, acceptable answer (at the time).

Fast forward, another forum member asks if the PROMO price is the same as the price on their website ($1300). I respond "same price".
Sean sees my post and replies with a response. Calling me out on BS? That's how I took it.
So I responded, "your website lists a price of $1300. You PM'ed me a quote of $1450 shipped, so I assume $150 for freight"
Above-mentioned forum member says he got quoted from Sean $1300 shipped...and he's out of state!

Where is the disconnect here? I'm local, offer to pick up, but am told I have to pay for shipping. But an out of state member who requires shipping gets quoted a lower amount? This is when the thread got deleted. You draw your own conclusion. I've already drawn mine

Edit: Looks like he deleted the original thread and created a new one *SMH* : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724004
Would the difference in price possibly be tax since you are in the same state?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #85
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
Mr.MichaelM3's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AW F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dirty Jersey

iTrader: (0)

So all of this over 150$? SMH.....
__________________
2010 E90 M3 MODS: ESS VT-1 550-BMW CF splitters, Rear spoiler, afe intake, ESS tune, Fully catless, Borla Axle back, fabspeed xpipe, RD springs, BMW V2 performance steering wheel, TO many to list
SOLD but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #86
Johndong888
John
Johndong888's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
792
Posts

 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9 View Post
I'd like to see how Sean answers this very simple question before he answers your's.

Plain and simple, people shouldn't be quoted different advertised prices. Sure some members are entitled to discounts if they get certain packages, but the fact that vendors pm special pricing to certain individuals for 1 product at a time eventually reveals itself and turns into a shit storm such as this.

the problem here is that the OP was quoted a different (higher) price than another member, and that didn't sit well with him. Who would that sit well with? on this page alone, several key features of this thread still have not been addressed, such as the question i re-quoted above.

It seems as though you've made up your mind about defending PY's case, and it seems the other 50 members that chimed in this thread are against them as well, perhaps if you would sympathize with the OP instead of attacking how he handled things and questioning bs minute details about business operation, we would have solid and definitive answers.

My concern with your posting style is that you're literally answering like a vendor but dumbing down certain aspects of your "defense." I've never seen a member here so self-righteously stand and defend a vendor, especially when such a thread does not affect your well-being or your business ventures. Moreover, your responses literally generate the type of excuses that most of us see vendors put out. You play dumb by posting an excuse then following it by, "maybe PY can clarify for us" or "i'm not a vendor so idk, but they should chime in"

Point being, I don't like the way PY handled this issue up until a few posts ago, where they came in and apologized, but they still seem to think that it's ok to quote different prices to different people, hence the fact that they've lost my business and a few other members that I can see posting this is thread alone.

So i guess when it's all said and done, the fact that this thread has merit or not, is a matter of our (30+ members) and your perspective. Which is fine, to each their own.
Sorry for thread revival but damn, AV9, you make the best posts ever!! So on point! I was looking to buy some stuff from PYspeed and wanted to check their reviews.
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1 + Servo, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Umnitza V4, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #87
Detroit M3
Major
Detroit M3's Avatar
13
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Murdered E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
There's not really anything to be confused at, to each his own opinion but the story is pretty clear and simple if you take the time to read! Just my 0.02$!
+1
__________________
E92. ModeCarbon. iND. eisenmann. ACM Test Pipe. BPM Sport. KW.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #88
Doc K
Fleet Admiral ★★★★★
Doc K's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
498
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodinville

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to Doc K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post
So all of this over 150$? SMH.....
I wonder how much of his life the OP has wasted writing back and fourth in this thread. Simple enough: you don't like how you're treated? You're not obligated to buy from them. End of story. I feel like a simple phone call could have cleared this up to begin with.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST