BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
Alex-R-1
Private First Class
Alex-R-1's Avatar
Russian Federation
18
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Russia

iTrader: (0)

Question Akrapovic GT4 x-pipe question?

Hi guys! I have full Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, but I am thinking about the GT4 x-pipe. Tell me please, would be very loud? Much louder than the Evolution system? Who uses the GT4 give me advice, with this system will resonate? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Brooklyn Mark
Banned
United_States
39
Rep
507
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 MR E92 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Brooklyn Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-R-1 View Post
Hi guys! I have full Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, but I am thinking about the GT4 x-pipe. Tell me please, would be very loud? Much louder than the Evolution system? Who uses the GT4 give me advice, with this system will resonate? Thanks!
Yes that shit is crazy loud, and the smell is harsh. Also expect a "airplane" type drone in 6-7th gear when you are cruising on the highway.

Last edited by Brooklyn Mark; 11-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
edu09
Lieutenant Colonel
edu09's Avatar
United_States
206
Rep
1,665
Posts

Drives: 2108 frozen black F82 M4
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Doral, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mark View Post
Yes that shit is crazy loud, and the smell is harsh. Also expect a "airplane" type drone in 6-7th gear when you are cruising on the highway.
Have to disagree with this comment, loudness of an exhaust is subjective to your taste, everybody has a different taste, I have owned the evo and the GT4, for me the GT4 is the perfect system, it is very tame at low RPM, almost the same as the evo, it gets louder when you floor the gas pedal but not crazy loud but again this is my opinion based on my taste so to OP just hear some videos or if possible see it personally so you can form your own opinion
__________________
2006 E46 M3 slicktop 6 MT, carbon black with black leather interior
2018 F82 M4 frozen black with sakhir orange interior
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Longboarder
Major General
673
Rep
5,353
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Mark View Post
Yes that shit is crazy loud, and the smell is harsh. Also expect a "airplane" type drone in 6-7th gear when you are cruising on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu09 View Post
Have to disagree with this comment, loudness of an exhaust is subjective to your taste, everybody has a different taste, I have owned the evo and the GT4, for me the GT4 is the perfect system, it is very tame at low RPM, almost the same as the evo, it gets louder when you floor the gas pedal but not crazy loud but again this is my opinion based on my taste so to OP just hear some videos or if possible see it personally so you can form your own opinion
both you guys have the GT4/EVO so it's interesting to hear completely different perspectives from members who own the exact same exhaust

Perhaps more specifics would help OP even though he asked a fairly non-specific general question.
__________________
Daily: 2016 i8 Chrystal White w/BMW iBlue / Terra World
Airstrip: 2015 991 Turbo S / FBO meth upgraded turbos
Track: 2015 991 GT3 / GT Silver, carbon bucket seats, steel brakes, red accents
Beaterz: 2013 X5 3.5 Sport, 2015 Wrangler Unlimited
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST