BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

07-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #45
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Then bite the bullet and start a positive non-propaganda thread.
Why is it up to him to do that? I'm sure you will all be so kind if HE were to start a thread, based on your stellar records of being kind in threads like this...
      07-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #46
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Why is it up to him to do that? I'm sure you will all be so kind if HE were to start a thread, based on your stellar records of being kind in threads like this...
because he is smarter than any of us and brags about how he has never started one (positive or negative). If he is so proud of the current administration he needs to open himself up like the rest of us to debate what he says up front and not rebut what others have stated.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #47
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Then bite the bullet and start a positive non-propaganda thread.
Don't hold your breath....

It is ironic that someone who so viscerally defends the failings of the current administration based on a foundation of half-truths and conjecture would stand on their soap box crying about propaganda. If information based in fact serves to influence a reader's opinion, mission accomplished.

What many liberals (to include the resident know-it-all) fail to grasp is, despite how much the facts outrage the left, most people (left, right, middle) are smart enough to make-up their own minds based on the information that is available. The really smart ones can sift through the piles of dog shit opinions and media biases to get to the meat of the matter. They do not need a self proclaimed intellect to interpret data points and or to re-write history and try to pawn it off as if it were fact.
cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
because he is smarter than any of us and brags about how he has never started one (positive or negative). If he is so proud of the current administration he needs to open himself up like the rest of us to debate what he says up front and not rebut what others have stated.
Wait, what?

Are you saying that he is not allowed disagree with what others are saying?

I've seen him open up to debate with many other people (me being one of them) and he was perfectly civil. All you guys do is start negative threads that are always on full attack, so of course he will be defensive...

How about YOU guys start a positive thread?
      07-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Don't hold your breath....

It is ironic that someone who so viscerally defends the failings of the current administration based on a foundation of half-truths and conjecture would stand on their soap box crying about propaganda. If information based in fact serves to influence a reader's opinion, mission accomplished.

What many liberals (to include the resident know-it-all) fail to grasp is, despite how much the facts outrage the left, most people (left, right, middle) are smart enough to make-up their own minds based on the information that is available. The really smart ones can sift through the piles of dog shit opinions and media biases to get to the meat of the matter. They do not need a self proclaimed intellect to interpret data points and or to re-write history and try to pawn it off as if it were fact.
Here's what's ironic. You've started at least a helf-dozen threads who's titles are false statements - based on outdated articles, old facts, or unsubstantiated "opinions as fact" - and yet you will never own up to it. Instead, you state that "the facts outrage the left", as if 1) that's even true, and 2) facts don't outrage the right.

I can list fact after fact about the deficit, unemployment, taxes, partisanship, or the candidates, that would certainly have you flipping-out, and I've already done so in these threads.

If I were you, I'd just shut-up about facts, because your false statements are right in the thread titles, for all to see.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #50
rohms3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Here's what's ironic. You've started at least a helf-dozen threads who's titles are false statements - based on outdated articles, old facts, or unsubstantiated "opinions as fact" - and yet you will never own up to it. Instead, you state that "the facts outrage the left", as if 1) that's even true, and 2) facts don't outrage the right.

I can list fact after fact about the deficit, unemployment, taxes, partisanship, or the candidates, that would certainly have you flipping-out, and I've already done so in these threads.

If I were you, I'd just shut-up about facts, because your false statements are right in the thread titles, for all to see.
Just throwing this in for good measure, since you love to belittle everyone else with grammatical errors.
rohms3 is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #51
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post

Sure whatever.... Read this, then read it one more time.

Quote:

cssnms is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #52
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

By your own logic then, your threads and posts are equally not needed by the masses.

And just to clarify, you are constantly selling false statements as fact, while accusing me of the same, but you never present any of my non-truths. Because there aren't any. Also, my reason for posting here is to correct the bullshit in the posts of you and others. I'm not preaching anything to anyone. If I was, I'd be starting new threads all the time.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #53
Q4P
Colonel

Drives: Too Much

Quote:
I have worked in DC for my entire life, so trust me when I tell you, I know more about how DC works than some nit-wit kid from the leftcoast. And that's all I am going to say about it. You would be better served by keeping your trap shut about things you know nothing about.
DC, even though it's our nations capital is pretty much the definition of cronyism and how knowing someone means more than anything. Yes... I live here too...
      07-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer

Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
How about YOU guys start a positive thread?
I would love to, but I'm from Illinois and so is our president. What's worse is he is from Chicago.
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
mspeasl is offline   United_States
      07-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #55
rgrovr
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
Ever heard of something called the fillibuster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Oh you mean that thing the GOP has used in record amounts to block any legislation from President Obama? I do seem to remember statements like these:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President.” Senator Mitch McConnell Oct 2010
I think neither one of you understand the workings of the Senate. When healthcare needed to be passed, Democrats did so under reconciliation, doing an end-a-round the filibuster. So if Repubs are so obstinate - Dems should feel empowered to go ahead "Save the Economy" and pass what needs to be passed without the "filibuster" excuse.

To be clear, Bills considered under reconciliation can not be filibustered.. please change your talking points.

That and the fact that the Dem caucus is 53 votes to the Repubs 47.. u can pass any budget/spending/tax bill all day long without even letting the Repubs in the door.

But that wasn't the the argument you two conveniently glossed over. It is the fact that the President nor the Senate Dems can work to obtain any Republican votes on compromise bills, in the spirit of Clinton, to move the country forward. Clinton literally took the Repubs best ideals in Welfare Reform, Spending Cuts, and CapGains tax cuts and claimed them for his own benefit and ended up taking credit for all of it.
2008 335xi E90 Black Sapphire -||- PERFORMANCE: JB4 -DCI - AR Catless DPs - Helix FMIC - Forge DVs - KW V3 Suspension - BSH OCC -||- COSMETIC: 19" M3 Reps - OEM Perf. Front - MTech Sides - MTech Rear - OEM CF Spoiler - CF Kidney Grills - LUX H8 - LED Interior Kit - CF Wrap Trim - M3 iDrive Knob