BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
M3PO
Colonel
M3PO's Avatar
35
Rep
2,790
Posts

Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

The deal that was offered seems good to me with one major issue. The "defectiveness" of this particular hood is somewhat subjective. How bad does the fitment need to be before both parties consider it defective? Is Arkym going to actually check the fitment on an M3? Doubt it. They'll look at it and say: "yep, looks good, no obvious manufacturing defects". OP could easily get screwed on the shipping, which is not cheap.
__________________
2008 IB E92 M3| BBS | KW | Arkym | Platte Forme A.G. | Active Autowerke | K&N | Fabspeed | Dinan | Evolve-R
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
The deal that was offered seems good to me with one major issue. The "defectiveness" of this particular hood is somewhat subjective. How bad does the fitment need to be before both parties consider it defective? Is Arkym going to actually check the fitment on an M3? Doubt it. They'll look at it and say: "yep, looks good, no obvious manufacturing defects". OP could easily get screwed on the shipping, which is not cheap.
Yep, my point exactly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #47
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]'s Avatar
0
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

James,

Roll play with me. I am not representing PYSpeed with what I am about to say:
Please let everyone know why you can't just send the hood back to Arkym, and wait for another one. Oh yes, your hood was vandalized by someone that may have not been emotionally stable for only reasons you know. I'm just saying, these are the main causes of these types of occurrences. In your words: "I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide." So this dilemma you have in needing a hood was this caused by Pyspeed? This was a rhetorical question. We all know the answer. If you had an oem hood that was in perfect shape, would you have requested a new one sent first?

From the very beginning I have been seeking ways to help you in your dilemma by trying to reduce the time you are without a hood. I tried to trouble shooting from afar, which is very difficult as one can imagine, all the reasons possible to prevent your down time- being hoodless. I thank you for taking the hood to multiple shops to get their opinions. I only wish we could have seen it for ourselves and this would have been taken care of instantly. But this just showcases how polar things are with internet purchasing --You can get anything from someone across the world but when there is a problem it takes a lot more time and effort to resolve. This should be common sense to everyone as we at some point have experienced this.

"To rejoice in another's prosperity, is to give content to your own lot: to mitigate another's grief, is to alleviate or dispel your own."
Thomas Edwards

This is Bobby PYSpeed back in representing PYSpeed:

Pyspeed has followed the steps of how a business should be run to allow past, present ,and future customers the opportunity to purchase great automotive performance products at great prices. I am breaking the mold and taking a risk to further our relationship with you, James, and offering to pay for a new Arkym hood. I will have Arkym ship one out to you as soon as possible. All that is required from you is to pay for the shipping of your current 'defective' hood once the new one has been installed. Once Arkym has inspected the returned hood and it is found to be defective you will be reimbursed the shipping you paid to Arkym. If it is found to be just like all the rest of the hoods then there will be no reimbursement for shipping.

Please pack the hood well in the same fashion as it was sent to you and make sure you put insurance on it as well. If you do not, you will be liable for any shipping damage and the cost of the hood.
I will hope that all goes smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]'s Avatar
0
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

James,

One more thing to remember. Please mark the "defective" hood with a big X using masking tape so it will not be confused with the new one as they will look exactly the same. And please make sure it is clean before sending.

I will also need you to give me the go ahead to get this started.

Thank you,

Bobby
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #49
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Thank you Bobby for coming through. Original post has been UPDATED.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #50
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hope the new hood works out!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #51
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby@pyspeed.com View Post
Please let everyone know why you can't just send the hood back to Arkym, and wait for another one. Oh yes, your hood was vandalized by someone that may have not been emotionally stable for only reasons you know. I'm just saying, these are the main causes of these types of occurrences. In your words: "I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide." So this dilemma you have in needing a hood was this caused by Pyspeed? This was a rhetorical question. We all know the answer. If you had an oem hood that was in perfect shape, would you have requested a new one sent first?
What does this have to do with anything? If he had an OEM hood, it's not a reason why a customer should have no issue with returning the defective one first. It's called customer service.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #52
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Hope the new hood works out!
Thank you Julie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
What does this have to do with anything? If he had an OEM hood, it's not a reason why a customer should have no issue with returning the defective one first. It's called customer service.
+1.

--

New hood was ordered this passed Sunday (don't ask), time frame of 3-4 weeks. Let us see how this goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #53
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
85
Rep
3,117
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

I have some experience with this hood there is adjustments which can be done to close gaps! It does take a while to get it installed properly usually about 3 hrs. There are just too many points on the hood which can be adjusted and tilted.

My 2 cents
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #54
trendy26
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
365
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I don't know, but in my opinion, this whole thread should have been a private convo between the original poster and pyspeed. I myself had a great experience from Pyspeed in buying a new set of wheels, and found them to be very helpful and responsive... Many other people I know have said the same thing about them. Before going off and flaming a company, at least give them a chance to rectify a situation. Specifically Bobby, he is a great guy to work with and is all about providing excellent customer service!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #55
ZRODDICK
Private First Class
ZRODDICK's Avatar
1
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: WHITE E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: BROOKVILLE,NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
WTF
__________________

AW E92 M3 08 DCT RPI GTM&AFE Stg2 BBS
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #56
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

if the situation is resolved to your satisfaction, OP, might I suggest you edit the thread title? it's pretty inflammatory.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #57
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
77
Rep
6,774
Posts

Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

This is why I only use OEM aftermarket parts..other aftermarket stuff..ESPECIALLY body parts are total hit or miss
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #58
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
if the situation is resolved to your satisfaction, OP, might I suggest you edit the thread title? it's pretty inflammatory.
I haven't received my hood yet!

Also, I'm unsure to why I would change it. People should be able to see what situation occurred and how they handled it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #59
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
This is why I only use OEM aftermarket parts..other aftermarket stuff..ESPECIALLY body parts are total hit or miss
Unfortunately for me I thought Arkym really did have 100% fitment guarantee and now I'm not in a position to sell the hood as a new one hasn't come in yet and then I wouldn't even feel comfortable with selling that one knowing what problems people may have. For body parts in general now I realise OEM, TechArt (Porsche) and Motorsport24 are the only way to go. Nothing else compares on any level.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #60
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
I haven't received my hood yet!

Also, I'm unsure to why I would change it. People should be able to see what situation occurred and how they handled it.
do what you will. it's just a suggestion. and I meant to say edit it if the situation is resolved (in the future). sorry to not be more clear.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #61
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
I haven't received my hood yet!
When are you supposed to get it? It's been two months now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #62
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
do what you will. it's just a suggestion. and I meant to say edit it if the situation is resolved (in the future). sorry to not be more clear.
I completely understand your initial point and I will do a follow up, once it has arrived.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #63
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
When are you supposed to get it? It's been two months now.
Well PYSpeed has forwarded me to Arkym and dealing with them isn't the easiest as it is e-mail only. They say the hood is ready but they are waiting for their shop car to get back from a few events they have made commitments to, to ensure the hood has 100% fitment. No solid date has been issued thus far, I know their car is in NYC right now for a show but after that? Who knows man. The one thing that pisses me off right now is every time I wash the car excess water flurries along the sides of the car and leaves watermarks even if an air hose is used in between the gaps of the hood and fender.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #64
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Well PYSpeed has forwarded me to Arkym and dealing with them isn't the easiest as it is e-mail only. They say the hood is ready but they are waiting for their shop car to get back from a few events they have made commitments to, to ensure the hood has 100% fitment. No solid date has been issued thus far, I know their car is in NYC right now for a show but after that? Who knows man. The one thing that pisses me off right now is every time I wash the car excess water flurries along the sides of the car and leaves watermarks even if an air hose is used in between the gaps of the hood and fender.
That ain't right.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #65
ailikesiliu
Captain
ailikesiliu's Avatar
10
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: Asian Cutties
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (8)

Do du u run around with no hood on now?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #66
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
64
Rep
3,313
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
That ain't right.
Yet here we here brother. They are also 'actively seeking local members to come in' to have a test fitment of my hood done. Should have just gone OEM, I learnt my lesson!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST